Chapter 14

Another week went by and they haven’t heard anything about her father. Buffy figured that maybe he just forgot about her and she couldn’t be happier about that. She was walking in school with Willow and they were headed to lunch. Buffy stopped suddenly and Willow looked at her. “I’m not going to lunch; I have something I have to do.” Willow didn’t know what she was getting at.

“What?” Buffy sighed and decided to tell her.

“I’m going back to my house, I forgot something there.” Willow shook her head not liking the sound of that.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Buffy. What if your dad sees you?” She asked her.

“I don’t even think he’ll be home now. He’s usually out getting drunk at some bar while I’m at school and I haven’t heard anything from him in about a week. I’m sure I’ll be fine, but don’t tell Spike about this. He won’t be happy if he found out I went back.” Willow nodded.

“Okay, but will you be back for your next class?" Buffy nodded also.

“Yeah, I won’t be long. I’ll see you later.” Buffy said as she walked away and Willow stared after her and sighed. She had a bad feeling, but she headed to lunch anyway.


* * * * *


Willow was really worried when she saw Spike walk over to her locker after school with a concerned look on his face. She decided that she would have to tell him the truth about what she found out. She took a deep breath and waited for him to get to her, she tried to keep the tears from falling. “Willow, have you seen Buffy? She was supposed to meet me in class after school.” Willow looked down and when she looked back at him, he saw the tears. She couldn’t hide them anymore. Spike knew he wouldn’t like what she had to say. “What happened, Willow? Where is she?” Willow took another breath and decided to tell him.

“She went back to her house before lunch because she said she forgot something.” She saw that Spike didn’t look happy about that, but he didn’t say anything. “She said that her dad would probably be out at this time anyway and that she would be back before her next class. I told her it was a bad idea, but there’s no stopping Buffy when she sets her mind to something.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest when she finished.

“I’m not happy about this, but that doesn’t explain where she is now. Why didn’t she come back?” It was then that the tears really started to fall and Spike was getting even more scared. “Did something happen to her? Is she okay?” He asked trying to keep his voice calm and it wasn’t working. Willow shook her head and decided to tell him the rest.

“I was in the office last period and they got a phone call from her dad. She...She was taken to the hospital. He told them that she fell down the stairs.” Willow explained as the tears continued to fall.

“What? Did they say if she was okay?” Willow shook her head.

“I don’t know, I didn’t get to hear anything else.” Spike nodded and ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to calm down. He didn’t know what else to say, when Willow spoke again and she asked the question that he hoped she wouldn’t ask. “You don’t think she fell, do you?” Spike looked at her and then shook his head.

“No, I don’t. Come on, we’re going to the hospital. You can call your parents on the way.” He said and Willow nodded as they both walked out of the school.