Chapter 15

They walked into the hospital and Willow sat down in the waiting room while Spike went to go talk to a doctor. He said that Willow was Buffy's sister and that he was her husband, so they would let them see her. Spike looked at Willow and nodded as she got up and walked with him to the room that Buffy was in. "So, how is she?" Willow asked him when he was being too quiet.

"When she was brought in, she was unconscious and she just woke up a little while ago. She hit her head, but they don't think she has a concussion or any brain damage. She did bruise a few ribs though, but they said she would be fine and ready to leave in a few days." Willow was relieved to hear that as they got to her room. Spike opened the door and they both walked in to see Buffy sitting up in bed and watching TV. She looked at them when they walked in and gave them a small smile.

"Hey, you guys didn't have to come here." She said and Willow walked over to her friend and hugged her, careful not to hurt her.

"Of course we would come, Buffy. I'm so glad you're alright." Buffy tried not to cry as she hugged Willow.

"Yeah, told you I would be. It'll take more than this to get rid of me." Willow then pulled away. "How did you know about what happened?" Buffy asked her.

"I guess your dad called the school to tell them about what happened to you. I kinda overheard and then told Spike." Buffy nodded as she looked over to Spike, who just stood there not saying anything.

"Will, could you get me some water? I'm a little thirsty." Buffy said and Willow nodded as she left the room. She knew that Buffy wanted to talk to Spike privately. Buffy didn't say anything as she looked at Spike and he could tell that she was waiting for him to talk first, so he decided to start the conversation on a lighter note.

"I guess you should know that we're married now." He said as he walked closer to her.

"We are? I think I would have remembered that." Spike tried not to smile, but he failed miserably.

"Yeah, it just happened a few minutes ago. I had to say that I was your husband and Willow was your sister, so they would let us see you." Buffy smiled at him.

"Good one, I think I could live with that. You so owe me a ring though." She said as she held up her hand and he smiled again as he grabbed a chair and moved it closer to her bed. He sat down and then grabbed her hand in his.

"I'll try to remember that. You gave us quite a scare today, love. Why did you go back there? Whatever you forgot, you could have waited for me and I would have went with you." Buffy nodded.

"I know, but I wanted to do it myself. I didn't even think my father would be there." She told him and Spike was dreading what he asked her next, but he knew that he had to.

"Buffy, I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me." He continued without waiting for her to say anything. "Did he push you down the stairs?" Buffy sighed and looked down and then back up at him. She knew that she couldn't lie her way out of this one, so she nodded.

"I snuck into my bedroom window just incase, like I usually do and he was in my room. I don't know why, but he just grabbed me and started yelling. I have never seen him so mad before. I tried to walk by him and head to the stairs, but he wouldn't let me go that easily. He was pissed that I left and then had the nerve to come back. So, he hit me pretty hard and I lost my balance and fell down the stairs. I pretty much blacked out after that, next thing I knew I woke up here." Spike nodded and tried not to let his anger show too much.

"You have to tell the police this, Buffy." She shook her head at what he said.

"I don't know. Do you even think they would believe me?" Spike nodded again.

"Yeah, they will. I know someone on the force that we can talk to. You have to do this, so you can finally be free of him. If you don't, he might come after you and there's no telling what would happen then." Buffy accepted what he was saying, but still seemed a little unsure.

"Would I have to go to court or something? I don't even have a lawyer." She told him.

"I don't think it will come to that. You're 18, even if your father is your legal guardian technically you don't need one anymore. You could live on your own now if you wanted to, so he can't do anything. He can't make you live with him if you don't want to." Buffy took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay, I'll talk to your friend. Will they arrest him?" She wondered.

"I think he'll get what he deserves, but you should rest right now. We'll worry about all that when you get out of here, okay?" Buffy nodded again and rested her head back on the pillow as her eyes started to close. Spike brushed her hair out of her face as he watched her for a few minutes. "I love you." He whispered and he didn't know if she heard him, until she opened her eyes. He saw the look on her face and knew that she did. The look seemed to be one of surprise as she sat up again.

"Do you mean that?" She asked him because she had to be sure.

"Of course, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't. I've felt that way for a while now, probably since I first met you. Why do you seem so surprised?" Buffy shrugged.

"I'm just not used to hearing that. No one has ever told me that before, until Amanda did the other day. I never thought that you would." Buffy said with tears in her eyes and Spike hugged her.

"I'll tell you it every day if you like. You deserve to be loved, Buffy. You're one of the best people I've ever known." Buffy was crying then as she held on to him.

"I love you, too." She whispered and he pulled away from her and then smiled as he kissed her on the lips. She pulled out of the kiss after a few seconds and rested her head back on the pillow. She closed her eyes and Spike rubbed her head gently as she finally fell asleep.

"Just rest, sweetheart. I'll watch over you." He whispered to her and that time, he was sure she didn't hear him. The door then opened and Willow walked back in with a bottle of water. Spike put his finger on his lips, so she would keep quiet and Willow nodded as she placed the water bottle by Buffy's bed. Spike pulled another chair by the bed, so Willow could sit down. She gave him a small smile as they both sat there and continued to watch Buffy for a little while longer.