Sorry it's so short, sometimes that happens. We're almost to the end anyway and I know ya'll probably didn't expect it to end so early. I never really do very long stories though. I would like to, but I always run out of ideas. Well, hope you guys like this chapter=)



Chapter 16

Buffy left the hospital two days later and she was walking with Spike to the police station. She really hoped that everything would work out. When they were inside, Spike led her to a desk where she saw a pretty brunette working. The woman looked up when she saw them and smiled. "Spike, it's good to see you again. It's been too long." She said as she hugged him and he hugged her back.

"Same to you, love." He said as he pulled out of the hug. "This is Buffy Summers, the girl I told you about. Buffy, this is Faith Lehane." Faith smiled at her and shook her hand.

"It's good to meet you. Spike told me about your situation and I'm willing to help, but I need to hear everything from you in your own words." Buffy nodded and sat down and Faith sat back down also. Spike cleared his throat.

"I guess I'll let you two ladies talk." Spike was about to leave, when Buffy grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Could you stay?" Spike saw the pleading look on her face and nodded, he then sat in the chair next to her. Faith got right to the point.

"Okay, Buffy. First tell me about your accident. What happened?" Buffy took a deep breath and started to tell her about what happened at her house and she noticed Faith writing stuff down. Faith looked up at her when she was finished. "Has your father been violent to you before?" Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, he gets drunk a lot and he takes out a lot of his frustrations on me. He says a lot of hurtful things and sometimes he'll hit me when I do something wrong or sometimes he'll do it just for the hell of it." Faith nodded and wrote something else down. Buffy felt like she was talking to a shrink, except there wasn't a couch to lay on.

"Have you talked about this to anyone before?" Buffy shook her head.

"No, not until now. I was always afraid to say anything." Buffy said in a quiet voice.

"You're 18, right?" Faith asked and Buffy nodded. "Do you have any relatives close by that you could stay with, until you go off to college or whatever your plans are?" Buffy shook her head again.

"No, not that I know of." She explained.

"I'll be sending someone over to your house to deal with your dad, but you're going to need some other place to stay. I'm not permitted to let you stay there by yourself, even if you're not a minor." Faith said and Spike spoke up before Buffy had the chance to.

"She's staying with me for a while." Faith turned her gaze on Spike and then nodded and stood up, the others stood up also.

"Okay, well I'll get right on this and you two are free to leave. It was nice meeting you again." She said as she shook Buffy's hand again, she then looked back at Spike and gave him another hug. "You take care of yourself, sweetie. Give Amanda my love, okay?" Faith said as she pulled away from him and Spike nodded.

"I'll do that. Thanks again, Faith." Faith nodded also as they left the station and walked back to his car. They were quiet when Buffy spoke up.

"So, she seems nice. How come you never dated her? Unless you did date her and if that's the case, I'll just be shutting up now." Spike laughed as they got in the car.

"No, I never dated her. She's my cousin, pet." He explained.

"Oh, right. Never mind then." Spike smiled as he started the car and then drove back to his house.