Okay, things start to get worse in this chapter. Of course, I have cuteness to make up for it. This is the part where you will see why Buffy may need Spike. I'm sure you already guessed why he would need her. It had to be done, I needed some angst after all. Keep those reviews coming=)


Chapter 4

Buffy walked into her house later that day and took her jacket off and tried to sneak upstairs without making much noise, but she knew it was pointless. "Where the hell have you been?" Buffy turned around to see the angry man standing in front of her.

"I had to stay after to talk to a teacher about an assignment. I'm not that late." She said and he didn't look pleased.

"Are you talking back to me, young lady? You know how I feel about that." Buffy shook her head.

"I'm sorry; I wasn't trying to be rude. I didn't mean to be late." He then grabbed her arm and pulled her into the kitchen letting her go once they were inside.

"You better not be late again. Now make me something to eat and I don't want to hear any complaining from you, understand?" Buffy nodded and waited until he went back into the living room to let the tears fall.


* * * * *


Buffy walked up to her room a few hours later and plopped down on her bed. She just stared up at her ceiling for what seemed like forever when she heard her father yell for her to come downstairs. She sighed and did as she was told. She went downstairs to see that he was very angry. He put his wallet in front of her face. "Where the hell is it?" He asked her and she didn't know what he was talking about.

"Where's what?" He rolled his eyes.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm missing a 20, what did you do with it?" He said fuming.

"I didn't take any money, I swear. I don't know what happened to it." He threw the wallet down and slapped her hard across the face. She touched her face as a searing pain went through her.

"Don't you dare lie to me, you bitch! You will pay it back to me or you will regret it. That is my beer money. I don't care if you have to whore yourself to get that money back to me. Do you understand?" Buffy nodded and then headed back upstairs. She rested her head on her door once she was inside her room and let the tears fall again. She now was even more grateful for that babysitting job.


* * * * *


Buffy walked slowly to her locker the next day. She opened it and got what she needed before closing it back. She then turned and saw Willow standing there. "Ow, where did you get that bruise?" Willow asked as she touched her friend's cheek and Buffy winced at her touch.

"It's nothing, I just fell down again. You know how clumsy I am." Buffy said as they started to walk.

"Yeah, but you're not that clumsy. I've noticed a few bruises on you lately and you always say that you fell or that you bumped into something. I know something's up, Buffy. You can tell me what it is." Buffy shook her head.

"It's really nothing, Will. Don't worry about it." Willow grabbed Buffy's arm and stopped her.

"You know I can't help that. It's the best friend's job to worry." Buffy looked away and Willow grew serious. "Is it your dad? I know the guy is scary, Buffy. I've met him, remember? Is he hurting you?" Buffy looked back at her friend and tried not to cry.

"No, it's nothing. I have to go, I'll see you later." She said as she walked away from Willow.


* * * * *


Buffy changed her clothes later that night and headed downstairs and to the front door when he stopped her. "Just where do you think you're going?" She turned around to look at him.

"I'm going to get the money back. I got a part-time job." She said and he gave her a harsh laugh.

"Who the hell would hire you?" He spat out.

"It's a babysitting job. I'm helping a friend out." She replied.

"Like you know anything about dealing with brats." Was all he said before he headed upstairs. He didn't tell her that she couldn't go, so she just blew out the breath that she was holding and headed out the door. She got to Spike's house about 10 minutes later since he really didn't live that far from her. She knocked on the door and waited for a few seconds before the door opened to reveal Spike.

"Buffy, please come in." He said as he let her into the house and closed the door behind her. "I see you made it on time, I'm impressed." He told her and she couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, I try." Spike returned her smile and once again began fussing with his tie.

"I hate these bloody things. I don't even know why I'm bothering; these things never work out anyway." Buffy pulled his hands away and began tying it for him. He smiled and let her. She then pulled away when she was finished.

"There you go." She told him.

"Thanks," he said as he looked himself over in the mirror. She had to smile again.

"I take it you have a date." Spike nodded and turned back to her.

"Another blind date that my friend, Xander set me up on. He won't give up until he finds someone for me, but I just don't have good luck with women these days." Buffy nodded.

"Is it because of your daughter?" Spike nodded also.

"It is just so hard to date when you're a single parent these days. The second I even mention that I have a daughter they panic and run off. They don't even want to meet her and I'm not keeping her a secret. It's not worth it; I'm just hoping that I can find someone that will accept me and my daughter." Buffy felt for him.

"I'm sorry, that must be hard." Spike agreed and then saw Amanda walk over to him. He picked the little girl up and held her. Buffy smiled when she saw the child. She looked so much like him.

"Amanda, this is Buffy. She'll be watching you while I'm out. Be good to her, okay?" He said as he kissed her on the forehead and put her down. Amanda looked up at the new person and gave her a smile that could melt anyone's heart.

"Hi, you're pretty." Amanda said and Buffy smiled at the girl as she kneeled down, so she could be closer to her.

"Thank you, you're very pretty, too." Buffy said as she touched the girl's hair.

"You wanna see my room?" Buffy nodded as she stood back up and took her hand.

"I would love to." She replied and Spike smiled at them. He was surprised that Amanda took a liking to her already. She was usually so shy around strangers and wouldn't talk to them, but it was understandable. He didn't know how anyone could be around Buffy and not take an instant liking to her.

"I'll be back in a few hours, princess." He said and Amanda didn't even look at him as she pulled Buffy away.

"Bye, daddy." She replied as she pulled Buffy to her room. Spike smiled again and headed out of the house, he definitely made a good decision.