Chapter 6

Spike was sitting at his counter and drinking coffee the next morning when Amanda walked into the kitchen. He looked at her and saw that she was still in her pajamas. “Princess, you’re not dressed yet. We have to go soon. I left out that pretty outfit for you.” He told her.

“Why can’t I go with you?” Spike picked her up and carried her back to her room putting her on the bed.

“Daddy has to go to work and it’s not for little girls. I have to take you to daycare because I don’t have anyone to watch you during the day.” Amanda pouted which always seemed to get to him.

“Why can’t Buffy watch me? I like her, we had lots of fun.” Spike smiled at her.

“I’m glad you did, but Buffy has school, so she would only be able to watch you at night.” He said as he started to dress her.

“She’s pretty; will I look like her when I get big?” Spike smiled at her again as he was tying her shoes.

“Somehow I think you’ll end up looking like your mother, but you’re right she’s very pretty.” When he finished, he picked her up and headed out of the house. “Time to go. I’ll pick you up after work.” He said as he strapped her into the car and headed to the daycare center.


* * * * *


Spike was grading papers at his desk while he was waiting for the bell to ring. He looked up when the door opened and smiled when he saw Buffy walk in on time. She returned his smile and walked to her desk. She got out a notebook and started writing in it and Spike couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He barely even heard the bell ring because he was distracted. He then stood up and got to work. He explained the assignment and while everyone was busy working, he walked by the desks to help anyone that needed it. He walked by Harmony who seemed to drop her pencil on the floor. “Oops, my bad.” She said and Spike then bent down to retrieve her pencil for her, which gave most of the girls a nice view of his ass. They were giggling as he put the pencil back on Harmony’s desk and walked back to his desk.

“Thank you, Harm.” Melanie said in her friend’s ear and Harmony smiled at her.

“It was nothing.” Buffy watched them and rolled her eyes. They were so pathetic, but she had to admit that the view was nice. Not that she was looking, of course. The bell rang and everyone got their stuff together and left. Buffy was one of the last ones again.

“I gotta go, Buffy. I’m in a hurry today, see you at lunch.” Willow said as she walked away and Buffy didn’t even get any words out. She just grabbed her stuff and headed to the front of the class. Spike stood up before she walked out.

“Buffy, I wanted to thank you again for watching Amanda.” Buffy looked at him.

“It’s fine; she’s a pretty cool kid. I had fun.” Spike nodded.

“You made quite the impression on her. She can’t stop talking about you.” Buffy smiled at that.

“She made quite the impression on me, too. I’m glad I could help.” Spike nodded again.

“Right, well I was wondering if you would be available to watch her again on Saturday night. That is if you don’t already have plans.” Buffy shook her head.

“Nope, I would love to watch her again.” Spike smiled.

“Great, how does 6 sound?” Buffy nodded.

“That’s fine, I’ll be there.” She replied.

“Thank you again, I’ll let you get to your class now.” Buffy gave him one more smile before she turned and walked out of the room. She couldn’t seem to keep the smile off of her face after that. She has never smiled so much in her life and Spike was just thinking the same thing as he watched her go.