Author's Chapter Notes:
Before we start, a few comments. First off, I am utilizing the very generous help of two new betas. Katie and Candice have been a wonderful help. Schez as always has been invaluable with her suggestions and encouraging comments, and helped pick up an extra couple of things. You are an awesome friend.

And very importantly, this chap is especially for steph who has been completely wrung out waiting for it. I hope you like.

Also, change of rating. Now NC-17. Didn’t mean it to be, but damn, it happened anyway.
He was pacing. Pacing like a caged animal. The bloody bint had managed to curtail his normal activities and thoughts with the bizarre change of attitude towards him. It had him so completely out of sorts that all he was left with was the useless swirling in his head. One minute he was all set to tear out there and rip her head off her shoulders, but then the next he remembered her voice; quiet and sweet and caring. And her mouth, those lush lips that made offers that he should never have received.

So, like a man possessed, he’d given up the pacing and switched over to stalking. Which was far more satisfying to his evil bone than the useless chasing his tail he’d been doing while trying to make sense of what he had heard from the Slayer’s mouth. He was going about it all wrong. He should just confront the chit, make her tell him what all this was about.

But then that might just ruin the fun. She’d obviously developed a soft spot for him, and even though that knocked him for a loop, he could see now that it made her vulnerable. So what if she had somehow seen a side of him he more often than not kept hidden. An element of his personality only those closest to him had seen in the past one hundred years. Namely Dru since Peaches had done his cut and run. Anyone could get a soul and do the disappearing act. No, it took courage to stay with your family and work it out. Courage that bled from Liam’s body the second Darla’s teeth found his spongy neck.

In his distraction he didn’t notice the great moronic Neanderthal Angel rip-off that approached his Slayer, all wholesome and pure as he smiled sweetly at the girl. Spike felt a possessive growl rumble in his chest even as he held back and watched. Clenched his hands in clawed fists as Buffy sidestepped the boy’s approach and made some quick excuse to send him on his merry way. It soothed the demon in him and he couldn’t help but smile. Sure, he was going to drain the very life from her overly perky body, but in the meantime, no one with a face as smooth as a monkey’s arse was taking over his territory.

Spike reveled in the look of dejected sorrow on the git’s face before Buffy flubbed him once more and the enormous Angel clone continued on his way. Then Spike jumped a foot high as Buffy sighed out his name and called him to come out.

He hadn’t even felt his limbs move, blinking in confusion as he looked from where he had been standing to where he was now. Right in front of her, hands in his duster pockets and a slight tilt to his head that set her pulse racing. That was more than interesting. Had to be magic. No way did he just end up answering her call like some infatuated schoolboy.

“Right. Slayer.” He nodded his head at her abruptly in greeting, trying to hide how his lack of direction in this situation was setting him off-centre.

“Are you following me?” She beamed at him, her eyes glinting in the moonlight and her lips all shiny pink with some kind of gloss. She seemed too eager for it to be the truth and despite hearing what he thought he had, he was more than miffed by her scary about face in regards to him.

“Just out an’ about,” he lied baldly, trying hard not to let his left eye flinch. Bloody stupid nervous twitch. Always gave him away.

“Wanna walk?”

Before he could answer, she’d tucked her arm through his and led him off on a leisurely trek through the darkness of Sunnydale. He was completely screwed. For the minute he couldn’t even remember how he regularly cracked a neck. Or drained a vein. He even forgot to take a look at her throat. Her shiny lips were too much of a distraction, not to mention the perky breast pressed up against his arm.

“So, you know it’s kinda not safe around here in the dark these days?” Buffy asked, her voice all friendly and helpful as she squeezed his arm all flirty like.

Spike’s eyes bugged and then he barked out a laugh.

“What bleeding substance are you abusing, luv? ‘Cause I want some.”

“Ssh,” she hissed at him in warning. “They could be watching.”

He dropped her arm and spun around, scenting no one and hearing no heartbeats. He looked at her once more, felt himself shrink a little under the full impact of her sappy smile and came to a decision.

“Right. You’re too bloody barmy to kill tonight. I’m takin’ you home before you do yourself a damage.”

He grabbed her arm and began to drag her back to the well lit campus. She dug in her heels until he stopped, pried off his firm grip on her arm and then linked their hands together.

“You gonna walk me home? That is so sweet.” She grinned, and then taking advantage of his comatose like stillness, she dived in and pecked at his lips.

Spike expelled a strangled gasp, his shock making him suddenly inept.

“’M a bloody vampire, pet. What the—” Her hand slapped over his mouth and she looked around with worried eyes.

“Don’t say that,” she whispered as she got all close and personal with his ear. Her warm breath tickled and he shuddered. Thank the flaming Powers that he had his coat to hide all his body’s irrational reactions.

“Shouldn’t have to say it, Slayer,” he almost shouted, his mood bordering on hysterical with all the obscene niceness she was throwing his way.

And before he could say anymore, or get enough wits about him to bite her, she had her arms wound around his neck and was kissing him. Not like a sister, or an aunt or even a reasonably well known acquaintance. She was attacking his mouth with gusto, slipping her tongue over his lips even as she sucked on the lower, using her teeth to scrape delicately at the skin.

She’d blown up his brain. Obviously that gloss had some tranquilising effect on vamps and she’d completely neutralised him as a threat. There was nothing left for him to do but to follow the age old rhythm of kissing. Participate in the way his body was geared.

Strong arms wrapped around her waist and he hauled her body against his, allowing himself to feel the roar of energy that flowed between them. His brain had completely shutdown so letting go to what she unleashed by touching him was completely acceptable. He couldn’t be held accountable for hormones—and a girl’s no less. He was evil.

“Hmm, ‘m evil,” he murmured against her lips even as his hand raised and tangled in her hair, not allowing her the possibility of breaking free of what she’d started.

“Very,” she agreed in a breathy huskiness that made all parts of him spring to life—except that one valuable part of him that sorted things out and had already closed its doors for the night.

And then she was sucking his tongue deep into her mouth, licking it and stroking it with her own as her leg started a slow and infuriating friction against his hip. It wasn’t enough, so he hooked her knee over his hip bone and raised her a little, pushing her back into the trunk of a tree as he began to grind himself hard into her. He felt his crotch aflame, everywhere she touched getting hotter and more urgent to be free of barriers.

As his hand wandered up under her top and zeroed in on a hard little protruding nub through her bra, he got the shock of his life when she very gently pulled him away. She was panting frantically, her eyes sweeping over every part of him as he watched her hands flex.

“This is so dangerous,” she whispered, even as her arms were reaching to take him back into their comfort and resume the madness.

It was enough to make his brain get that little kick it needed to start processing some things. He blinked, looked at her in shock and some kind of forced revulsion as he pushed away from her.

“Too bleeding right, I’m dangerous. You’re playing with fire, little girl.”

The little bitch had the audacity to giggle at him, slinking her body close to him as she reached out a finger to slowly trace the line of his bottom lip.

“Not you, silly. Doing this here. Too many nasties about.”

With a burst of fury he felt his body succumb to left over weakness—he shuddered. The finger waved over his chin and rejoined his shapely outline as she got closer to his abs. He felt a glint of satisfied carnal power as he watched her lick her lips in hunger, and then he all but squeaked when her hand swept over his muscles and brushed over the straining hardness against his zipper. He watched incredulous as she brushed against him again as her delicate little hand drifted back up, dawdling at the zipper. Her fingers flicked at it, her thumb nudging the stud that was the first hurdle to disrobing his lower half.

He couldn’t say a word. His member pulsed violently against the grating metal and he hoped hard for more, even as he wanted to drain her. Still, he was completely unprepared for her quick look into his eyes, her own heavily clouded with her want. They were alone. He could sense no one around them and he was completely open to seeing what she would eventually do. She apparently made the decision and before he could hear or feel the teeth pull apart he flopped free and in her hands.

His groan of pure animal lust got buried in the rumble of his chest as she was on him again, her lips raking hard over his as her hand clasped him almost painfully tight and stroked him to insanity. He felt the slow seep out of his slit as her fingers rubbed it into the tip, then sought her motion along the shaft. Without realizing, he started to help her pump his cock, pulling her closer so he could taste the fullness of her lips and the intoxicating heat of her mouth, all while shielding her with his coat.

Yet he was angry, feeling like she had some hidden power to make him useless and unable to fight and kill. He shouldn’t be feeling like this, shouldn’t be wanting to spill all over her pretty body and her glowing skin. So he rebelled in the only way he could. He took his hands off hers, let her do all the work for no payoff. She whimpered at his lack of return on the kiss even as her hand sped up and he could feel the hot burn in his balls as the pressure rose and he exploded, shooting himself all over her clothes, her hand too inexperienced to know how to cup it and prevent the spurting fountain.

Buffy flushed crimson as she took in the thick off white slime that was now clinging like snot on her top, wrinkling her nose a little even as the humour came to hit her between the eyes. Still, she was speechless, her eyes searching desperately for something in his and dropping in embarrassment when she was unsuccessful. For the first time she felt confusion shroud her decision. He didn’t want to want her. Willow was right. He wasn’t ready to love her yet. All she could do was sigh sadly and wish it were different.

She couldn’t help the tear in her eye as she caught him looking at her. Buffy wiped the stickiness off her hand onto her shirt, shrugging at the added grossness. She could tell Willow it was a demon. The lack of lie made her lips curl in a smile, but still Spike looked at her like thunder was his father. The slayer felt sadness settle on her shoulders and unlike her previous behaviour she asked instead of pushed.

“Can you keep walking me home?”

Spike tilted his head and contemplated her change, her loss of confidence. He was NOT going to give it back to her by telling her what that little act of submissiveness had felt like. No bleeding way was he making himself more vulnerable to the slayer.

“’M sure you know the way, pet. Best for me to be on my way.”

She could only nod and Spike felt surprise as he heard her heart slow. “Okay. But be careful. Please? Promise me.”

“Sure, Slayer. Just like the Big Bad to go scampering off afraid of a little beastie or two.”

Before she could object to his blasé attitude, he’d gone. Like a blur of black and white he left her with further warning just a whisper on her lips.

“Just come to me when you need me, Spike.”

Feeling a mix of euphoria and dejection, Buffy went back to her dorm to wait. It was only a matter of time.