Author's Chapter Notes:
I wondered if there was a secret reason for Buffy sleeping with Parker. Here it is.
Never Ever Tell by Lilachigh

Meeting 12 A Genuine Guy

Spike watched Harmony vanish into the dark and turned back to the party. Load of wankers the lot of them, he thought disdainfully.
He stood in a dark corner and lit a cigarette. He could see her across the room, dancing with a dark haired guy. He heard someone shout “Parker!”. Spike filed the name away. Lunch, or perhaps a nice late supper.
He didn’t know why he’d come back or why it annoyed him so much to watch the Slayer dancing with this boy. His hands were all over her and for a second Spike slipped into game face before remembering he was out in public.
But it had been enough for Buffy. He saw her head jerk, her body still for an instant, then she was staring around the room, searching, her vampire radar on full alert.
Within seconds she’d found him, and with a swift apology to her partner, she hurried across the room to join him in the shadowy corner.
“Spike, what the hell are you doing back here? Don’t tell me Harmony’s dumped you already?”
“Very funny, Slayer. Oh, I’m laughing so hard it hurts. At least Harm’s a genuine idiot. Not like your friend Parker over there.”
“Parker, what do you mean, not genuine?”
“Can smell a fraud a mile away, sweetheart.”
‘Don’t ever call me that again. And he is so genuine. He’s a really nice, caring, thoughtful guy. And hey, human. Has a reflection and everything, so there.”
Spike fought to keep a straight face; he forgot sometimes how very young she still was.
“Sleeping with him then are you, pet?”
“What? No, not that it’s any of your business.”
“Are you going to sleep with him?” Spike heard himself saying. He was puzzled. He didn’t understand why the Slayer’s sex life should concern him. She’d been deflowered by Peaches, so no virgin in front of him. And yet - she was. That was the odd thing. Whatever she and Liam had done, it had hardly touched the surface of her sensuality. That he knew.
She’d been hurt by Liam, but then he had that talent with women. Spike often envied Angelus. He himself always seemed to be on the receiving end when break ups occurred. What was the old saying, one who kisses and one who turns the cheek.
And he could sense that that hurt had damaged the Slayer’s ability to judge men correctly - otherwise, let’s face it, she would have killed him ages ago.
Buffy had gone very red in the face. “Spike, I have no intention of standing here discussing my sex life with an evil, dead creature. If you’re not gone in a minute, you’re ashes. And that’s a fact.”
Spike shrugged and turned away. “Just don’t do it, Slayer. He isn’t worth it,” he muttered and strode out. God how he wanted to find this Gem of Amara. If he had it, he would be invincible, walk in the sunlight, be different. Deadly, yes, but - he wondered what Buffy would say if he couldn’t be killed.
Buffy watched the black leather coat vanish once more and turned back to Parker. She stared into his dark, soulful eyes. Of course he was genuine. He was a nice boy. A very nice boy. Spike was so wrong.
And how dare he comment on her love life. Just because his was rubbish. Well, she’d show him. If Parker asked - well, suggested - well, he was a very nice boy and she liked him a lot. She’d show William the Bloody she had extremely good choice in men!

another meeting follows soon