Author's Chapter Notes:
Why did Buffy suddenly relent and give him back his mug of blood?
Never Ever Tell by Lilachigh


Meeting 17 Warm, red and salty


“Giles! Make her stop!” Spike yelled as the Watcher walked out on them, irritated by their bickering.

Buffy giggled. She could hear Giles in the other room telling Willow that if they didn’t kill each other, he might. She leant over Spike in the bath tub again, whispering, “Go on, Spikey. Take a little bite. All warm and red and salty.”

The chains rattled violently as the vampire tried to get to her, his dark blue eyes blazing with hunger. “You’re just a big tease, Slayer,” he hissed, the straw from his blood snack still in his mouth. “Is that how you get yourself off now that Peaches has left you high and dry?”

Buffy sat up straight on the edge of the bath. “I am not a tease,” she snapped crossly. “And I don’t need to ‘get myself off’ as you so crudely put it.”

Spike raised an eyebrow at her and leaned back against the white enamel. “What, no passion running through your veins, Slayer. No little aches or itches that you can’t scratch yourself?”

Buffy felt her face going as red as her sweater. “Shut up, Spike,” she hissed under her breath, glancing backwards to make sure Giles wasn’t within earshot. She would die of embarrassment if he heard what they were talking about.

But luckily she could hear him still chatting with Willow - something about a truth spell.

“Make me!”

She gazed down at him. God, he was so irritating. He now had the straw in the centre of his mouth. Even as she looked, he pursed his lips round it and waved it up and down just as if -

She was going to kill him! That was so rude, so completely unnecessary! Just because a couple of nights ago at Thanksgiving she‘d been a little tipsy and in the dark she’d let Spike kiss - well, not kiss, more like nibble her breast. Now he thought he could make sexy gestures at her and she would - what - ? Let him kiss her again. As if that was going to happen!

“Giles and Willow are going to do a truth spell on you,” she said. “So there! They’ll force you to tell us all you know about the Initiative.”

A smile twitched the lips still holding the straw. He shifted it to one side again. “Funny things, truth spells, Slayer. All sorts of little nasties can coming creeping out of your mind. I wonder what they’d find if you took one?”

She watched, fascinated, as the straw slid back across that full bottom lip and he sucked hard at the little drop of blood still inside it.

Why were his lips such a beautiful shape? God, where did that thought come from? A truth spell. She pressed her legs together - hard - wishing the edge of the bathtub was a little narrower so she could straddle it and -

Stop it, Buffy! she screamed inside her head. Oh God, a truth drug would show what she wanted to do to herself, wouldn’t it? And that all she could think of when she looked at his mouth was how it would feel to have it sucking at her clit.

Oh God, she was insane. She was going straight to Hell, not stopping, not passing Go.

She leapt to her feet, picked up the mug of blood she’d taken away from him only minutes earlier and held it under his chin. The straw stopped its sexy dance and plunged down into the red liquid.

He began to suck again, but he wouldn’t stop looking at her and she realised she was leaning further and further towards him...

When sadly - no, bad thought again! - thankfully, Giles came back into the room.


to be continued