Never Ever Tell by Lilachigh

Meeting no. 2 Oh, they come in all sizes!

The Narlexa demons had caught Buffy at the end of her patrol. Three of them had been living in the woods - just as Giles had warned her. She’d killed two but the third managed to swipe her with his claws, raking bloody channels down her arm and leg before she dispatched it.

‘Oh great,’ she muttered crossly as she limped through the trees towards town, dripping blood as she went. “It’ll be all glasses cleaning and tutting and, ‘I told you so-ey’ and ‘why didn’t you wait to catch them one by one like we planned?’ and Mum will freak at the blood - I’ll say I fell down some steps - and I’ve got that big maths test tomorrow and - oh!’

She heard them before she saw them. Laughter and splashing. The hairs on the back of her neck wriggled - Vampires! She crept forward through the trees, towards the lake.

The moon was full and the little sandy beach was silvered in its light. A black haired girl was dancing on the sand, running in and out of the water, her white dress clinging to her legs. She was laughing. ‘Come on in, lover, the water’s beuuutifully cold and full of little silver fish and stars.’

The man was standing, hands on hips watching her. He’d stripped to the waist and in the moonlight his skin gleamed white.

Buffy bit back a squeak. It was the new vamp, Spike, with what had to be a girl friend.  She swore a word she hadn’t known she knew. If she hadn’t been injured, she could have dusted both of them without drawing breath, but realised that in her present condition she didn’t dare tackle them.

She realised she’d been standing staring at the slim muscled back and platinum curls for far too long. Maybe she’d lost more blood than she realised.

She moved slightly, then froze as the branches of the tree rustled against her hair. For a second, she thought Spike had heard. He turned in her direction, and even in the moonlight she could see the high cheekbones and the flare of his nostrils as he scented the air.

But she was sure she was too far away and the girl was making a lot of noise now.

Then - Buffy felt the heat rise in her face. He kicked off his boots and was reaching for the buckle of his belt. She could feel her eyes growing larger and larger as he pushed his jeans down and stepped out of them.

He stood, facing her, stark naked, hands on hips with everything - well, so they did come in all sizes!

She pushed herself backwards into the undergrowth and fled home. The full frontal she could just about cope with - after all, she wasn’t ever going to see all that again unless she had dreams, no nightmares about it - but what had made her spitting angry was that - he’d winked at her!