Author's Chapter Notes:
We’ve finally reached the engagement in Something Blue. I never tire of watching this scene. Hope you enjoy my view of it. Please leave me word if you do.
Never Ever Tell by Lilachigh


Meeting 21 Key and Lock


If looks could kill there would have been a dead Slayer and a pile of dust on Giles’ living-room floor.

Blue eyes and green fought for dominance, almost burning a visible path of light through the small space between their faces.

‘God, how I hate him,’ Buffy thought, her pulse racing, wishing she had a reason for punching Spike again, just to feel her flesh against his.

‘God, how I detest her,’ Spike thought, wondering why he had this fantasy of biting her bottom lip, not to taste the blood, but just because he wanted to hear her squeak and wriggle in his arms...

She’d never felt such a powerful emotion before in her life. Her love for Angel, her mother, her friends, all faded away before this ache of sensation. It was as if all the feelings she’d ever had for Spike were inside her, locked away behind a wall. It would only take one little nudge to send the whole thing crashing and everything would come crashing out and her life would change for ever.....

He was shaking with the power of the feelings roaring through his body. He could just about control them, as if they were a great pack of wolves he had on leashes. But if he once let them get away from him, then everything in the world would change and never be the same again....

The moment came, a spell finished the work the two of them had already started, the wall fell, the wolves ran free.

Everything that had seemed so difficult, so impossible, suddenly became very simple. They belonged together, so why were they apart?

Spike slid to his knees. “Buffy,” he whispered, his voice hoarse, “I know I’ve no right to ask, but I love you so much. Will you do me the honour of marrying me?”

He pulled a heavy silver ring from his finger and, before she could reply, slid it onto her hand. There! The circle was complete, key and lock mated together, her flesh was inside a part of him as very soon he’d be inside her.

Blue gaze and green met again, and this time the tenderness and passion shut out the whole world.

another meeting coming soon