Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this.
Thanks for reviews.
This is the 'twist' in the plot line.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 10: ‘One Hand, One Heart’


A/N: A little note here; I know that on BTVS, Buffy’s birthday was around January 18th. In this fiction, for plot’s sake, her birthday will be April 14th (SMG’s actual Birthday). It’s no big deal, at least not for a chapter or two from now, but it’s important to note that Buffy, in this fic? She will not be 18 until April 14th.


Buffy sat in her English class, trying very hard to concentrate on Mrs. Walsh’s lecture on ‘conjugated’ verbs. The problem was, every time the teacher said ‘conjugated’ Buffy thought about ‘conjugal’ and it ‘conjured’ up visions of her and Spike making love.

Spike wasn’t haven’t any easier time of it. Every time the Physics teacher blathered on about some stupid equasion, etc., Spike thought about Spike plus Buffy equals shagging and…

The simple fact was, that the two lovers cherished their alone time together and could not bear to be apart. Whenever they could sneak off and be alone, Spike and Buffy would immediately fall into a pattern of heavy necking. This would lead to extreme petting, which inevitably led to love making. Not such a bad thing, for either of them, right?

History class, for Spike and Buffy, was the most painful one for either of them. They had the same class, except that Spike was banished to the back of the classroom, while Buffy set up front. This way, they were together, yet painfully apart, physically and it proved to be difficult for them both to pay attention in class.

This lovely Friday afternoon, November 22, 1963, Buffy was finding it hard to concentrate on the Battle New Orleans. She could feel her lover’s gaze, concentrated on the back of her long, sleek neck. Every minute or so, Buffy would turn her head, slightly, to sneak a peek at her Spike. Buffy was always rewarded to find her love’s searing blue eyes, trained on her, a naughty smirk on his handsome mouth.

‘Can’t wait to get you alone, Princess,’ Spike thought, wishing Buffy could truly read his mind. ‘Tonight, after the stupid game? I’m gonna take you someplace secluded, make love to you until…’

Buffy blushed and turned to ‘try’ and concentrate on what the History teacher, Mr. Merrick, was blabbering on about. This was difficult because Buffy was sure she could read Spike’s very thoughts and they just made her all wiggly inside.

“The British miscalculated when they attacked the center of New Orleans,” Mr. Merrick was droning on and on. “They never understood that the Americans had prepared for their attack and, William Giles? Would you mind taking your eyes off of your lady love, Miss Summers and paying attention to me?” The teacher frowned at the fair haired teen male and shook his head in disgust.

The entire class broke out into riotous laughter and Buffy blushed bright red. She forced herself not to turn and look at her boyfriend, who no doubt, was as red as she was.

“Mr. Merrick,” Rupert Giles, the librarian, interrupted the teacher’s classroom, from the doorway. The students immediately quieted, no doubt they could see the seriousness in Mr. Giles’ expression.

“Mr. Giles,” Merrick smiled, although he was clearly disturbed at being interrupted.

“I need to make an announcement, Merrick,” Giles mumbled, his voice sounded strained and Spike’s father was clearly upset.

Buffy turned to look at Spike, who returned her gaze, his blue eyes confused and worried.

“Children,” Giles stood straight up in front of the classroom, clearing his throat quickly.

“I have some terrible, disturbing news and I want you all to listen carefully.” Giles glanced at his son. It was then that Spike realized that his father had been crying at some time in the day.

“Dad?” Spike murmered, suddenly beginning to feel terribly frightened. A feeling he was not used to.

“It was announced, just a few minutes ago,” Giles began, choking up a little. “That our President, John F. Kennedy was declared dead from a gunshot wound to his head. He…”

The classroom broke out in pandamonium, while Spike stood up and hurried over to Buffy’s seat. Without a thought, Spike swept Buffy up into his arms and cuddled her closely to his body.

“Children, please,” Giles began to plead with the classroom, “quiet, please now.”

“Mr. Merrick,” Giles addressed the teacher, who stood, stunned next to the librarian. “The class needs to be dismissed, immediately.”

Giles addressed the classroom, that had suddenly become silent as a tomb.

“Go home,” the librarian stated simply, “go home, immediately. All school activities have been postponed until further notice.”

“William, Buffy,” Giles gazed at his son and his slip of a girlfriend, “come with me, please.”

Later, at Buffy’s house, Rupert, Jennifer, Spike, Buffy, Joyce and Dawn waited for Hank to get home from work. When Mr. Summers arrived at the house, Buffy noted that it was only the second time she had ever seen her father crying in any way. The first time had been when they buried her mother, Elizabeth.

“Daddy?” Buffy whispered when Hank walked into the house and immediately headed to the bar to make himself a drink. He glanced at his eldest daughter, sympathetically, and turned to the ice and liquer on the bar.

“Scotch, isn’t Rupert?” Hank nodded at Giles, sullenly.

“Yes,” Rupert muttered, taking his wife’s hands in his. “Make it a double, will you Hank?”

Hank nodded again and fixed himself a scotch also. He then poured wine for Joyce and Jennifer and motioned for Buffy to get sodas for the kids.

“I suppose they’re dancing in the streets of Havana, eh, Giles,” Hank mumbled in a resentful tone.

“Oh, I don’t know about that, Hank,” Rupert sighed sadly. “I wonder sometimes just how much we really know about world events. Seem to only consider them when they affect us, personally.”

“Jackie,” Buffy began, quietly, “her pretty pink dress. It was covered with her husband’s brains and…” Buffy began to cry, softly and buried her head into Spike’s shoulder.

“Mr. Summers, Dad?” Spike murmered as he tried to comfort his girl, “I’d like to take Buffy for a drive out. Get her into the fresh air and…”

“Son, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Rupert frowned slightly. “Buffy’s parents might want her home, with them tonight.”

“I don’t think so, William,” Hank agreed with Rupert. “Buffy should be home with us. We’ll…”

Joyce broke into the male conversation, “I think Buffy and William should go out and get some fresh air. It’s too depressing in here, and everywhere I suspect. Don’t you think that they should go out, take a drive. Up the coast maybe?” Joyce smiled softly at Buffy and Spike.

“It’ll do them some good to get out, get away from all of this bad news on the television and radio. I’ll make us some supper, something simple and then they can go for a drive. What do you think Hank?”

Hank Summers could never resist his second wife’s requests so he nodded, slowly and shrugged. “Probably would do them some good, dear,” he finally agreed. “What do you say, Rupert? Don’t you think the kids should get out and about for a few hours?”

“I think they should,” Jennifer Giles piped in. “Let them enjoy the evening and escape this darkness.”

“Yes,” Rupert agreed with his wife, “it’ll do them some good.”

Dawn, who had been sitting watching the events unfolding on the television, glanced up at her mother, Joyce. “Who’s the President now, mom?” she asked quietly.


Spike drove his DeSoto up the 101 Highway, his Buffy snuggled next to him. He stared straight ahead as they drove into the darkness of the coast highway. The entire road looked deserted, as did Sunnydale, when they drove out of the city limits.

Buffy hadn’t said much, on the way up the coast, and Spike let her sit in her solitude. He watched her from the corner of his eye, from time to time, and felt saddened by the look of loss on her pretty face.

‘She’s thinkin’ of her mother,’ he realized sympathetically. ‘This horror’s brought all the bad memories back for her. If they were ever gone that is,’ he noted sadly.

“Spike,” Buffy finally whispered softly, “can we pull over soon? There’s a little cove there,” she pointed to the cliffs, by the ocean’s shore, up ahead. “Can we go and walk on the sand. I’m sure no one else will be around and we could sit and talk, maybe?”

He pulled over, quickly and parked the car on the shoulder of the highway, next to the beach area. “Let’s go,” he murmered gently, taking her hand and leading her to the cliffs she’d pointed out.

They sat on some comfortable looking rocks, in silence, for a quite a while before Buffy finally spoke.

“It’s a nightmare,” she whispered in a harsh voice. “It reminds me of Mom, for some reason. She was alive one minute and just gone…the next. God,” Buffy began to cry and Spike pulled her tighter to him. “This world, it’s such a big mess and it’s not getting any better, is it, baby?” She gazed up at Spike, her green eyes filled with unshed tears.

“Yeah,” Spike muttered, “the world’s pretty jacked up baby,” he nodded and nuzzled her right cheek with his lips. “But know what?” he added, with a half smile. “We’ve got each other, you and me,” he lifted her chin with his finger and gazed into ther eyes.

“You and me, we’ve got each other Buffy. When this world gets so crazy that you think you can’t take no more? Remember, you’ve got me, always.” Spike gazed into Buffy’s green eyes, lovingly, and kissed her mouth tenderly. “We’re one hand, one heart, Buffy,” he added, seriously. “Always.”

Buffy looked into Spike’s blue eyes, adoringly, “we’ve got each other,” she repeated softly.


Spike wrapped his arms about Buffy, tightly, and took her right hand in his. He held her so close to him that she could hardly breathe properly.

“I need to breathe, honey,” Buffy giggled lightly.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, sheepishly, but held her tight still. Just allowing her enough space to get in some much needed breaths.

He was feeling pretty guilty because even though he knew just how upset and sad Buffy was? Spike had brought some rubbers with him, just in case she might feel like making love tonight, anyway.

Spike began to kiss Buffy, tenderly, then more passionately. He ran his hands down her trembling arms and waist, to her slim hips.

“I need you,” he whispered in a husky voice.

“I need you,” Buffy replied in a soft voice.

“Take the pain away,” Buffy added in a barely audible voice. “I need you to take the pain and fear away, please Will,” she mewled softly.

“Oh, God, Buffy,” Spike groaned as he pulled off his jacket tossed it on the sand. He laid Buffy down on the jacket, gently, and began to take off her shoes and jeans. “I love you so much,” he whispered.

Once he had her bottom half naked and ready, Spike stripped off his own jeans and underwear. He placed his pants next to them, so he could reach the rubbers in his pocket.

“Everything will be all right, huh, Will?” Buffy asked in a breathy voice as her lover began to kiss her mouth again. When he ran his tongue down her neck, Buffy moaned in desire and repeated her question. “Everything will be all right, won’t it, Will?”

“Yes,” Spike hissed as he ran his tongue down her neck to her breasts. He licked her right breast and nipple, then her left one.

“Buffy,” he rasped, “I want to make love to you, in a lot of ways. Can I?” he whimpered, looking up into her green eyes.

“I think that’s the general idea, Will,” she replied with a purely feminine giggle. She smiled down at her lover, admiring the way his blue eyes lit up when he looked at her.

“I mean,” Spike felt himself actually blush, “I want to make love to you, here,” he stammered as he touched her cunny with his fingers. “With my mouth,” he mumbled the words quickly to her, terribly embarrassed.

“Oh,” Buffy gasped, wide-eyed and shocked by Spike’s declaration.

‘Like the French?’ she thought, almost scandalized.

‘I’m an arse,’ Spike hissed, angry at himself for even suggesting such a thing. He’d never done this before, even. Never was with a girl who made him want to do it. Not until Buffy that is.

“Okay,” Buffy murmered softly, “I mean, I want you to. If you want to, that is.”

Spike grinned up at his girl and nodded, eagerly. “I do,” he said evenly. “I hope I do it right,” he added with a scowl.

“You will,” Buffy began to giggle, not being able to control herself. “You do everything right, William,” she smiled, lovingly, down at his handsome face.

“Okay then,” Spike muttered with determination, “I…”

Buffy wrapped her hands about Spike’s fair head and pulled it to her already wet core. “Just do already, kay?” she begged in a high squeaky voice.

Spike began to run his lips on Buffy’s cunny lips, savoring the warmth and softness of them. He’d felt her, plenty of times by now, with his hands and of course his cock. But his mouth? This was the first time he’d had the pleasure of tasting his Golden Goddess and he was going to make damn sure he did it right.


“Oh…” Buffy moaned as Spike licked and sucked her most private place. “That’s…” she panted, but was unable to finish her sentence. He had began to lick and suck her nubbin, the bud that Buffy had no idea what to call.

“OH, Will!” she gasped as he, encouraged by her pleasure, eagerly licked and sucked as much of her sweetness as he could. He could tell she was close and he had no intention of letting loose of her, this way, until his Buffy had cum, properly.

When she did, Spike lapped up her nectar, greedily and finally pulled himself up to lay on her precious body. He was greeted with a very satisfied, happy girlfriend, whose gorgeous green eyes were half closed in pleasure.

“That was wonderful,” she sighed and accepted his kiss, tasting herself on his lips.

“Yeah,” Spike chuckled, “you are amazing sweetheart.”

Buffy felt, rather then watched her guy reach into his pants pocket and pull out a foil wrapped package. She heard him tear the wrapper off of it and roll it over his long, hard male member.

Spike positioned himself in between Buffy’s thighs and thrust into her, gently. All the while he kissed her mouth and neck, lovingly.

After a few moments of mutual thrusts and moaning, Buffy cooed into his ear, “harder, baby.” Spike reared back and looked at his girl, in awe.

“I want it harder, please, baby,” she repeated, “In fact,” she panted, “I want you to lay on your back. I want to be on top this time. I’m going to ride you, baby. Hard and fast and…”

Buffy didn’t get a chance to finish her sentence as Spike rolled them over until he was on his back and she was on top of him. She began to ride his cock like a jockey on a horse.

‘I must be doing something right,’ she thought proudly as she watched the lust radiate from Will’s eyes. ‘He’s groaning and moaning more then usual.’

“Like that?” she asked coyly as she rocked on top of her lover and ran her hands down his shirt covered chest.

“Fuck yes!” Spike crowed wildly, bucking up into her. “Like it,” he chanted, “love you,” he added with a growl and pulled her body down to meet his.

They kissed passionately and Buffy began to feel her inner muscles twinge and quake about her man’s cock. She knew Will was close and she used it to her full advantage as she began to ride him even harder. Buffy was learning, quickly, about what pleased her guy and she had every intention of practicing on him, every chance she got.

“I’m gonna’ cum, sweet,” Spike cried out in ecstacy. “I’m gonna’ cum so hard and I want you to…”

“Me too,” Buffy hissed in reply, her head thrown back in pleasure. Especially when Will clasped her hips even tighter and began to ‘help’ her thrust up and down on his cock.

“Mine!” Spike roared as he came, pulling Buffy down to his body, yet again.

“Mine!” Buffy echoed with a scream, collapsing on top of her love, her William.

“Yours,” they whispered, together, as they came down from their sexual high.

They lay, Buffy on top of Spike, for what seemed like hours as they kissed and nuzzled each other, lovingly. Buffy finally lifted herself up and off of Spike and fell onto her back, moaning in a good way as she did.

Spike felt the loss of contact of his baby’s warm body, immediately, and he groaned for it. He forced himself to roll over on his side and discard the offending rubber, somewhere away from them.

It was when he reached down to pull the used condom from his dick, that Spike noticed something very important.

The rubber was still intact, true, over his cock, as it should be. Problem was? Sometime during their heated love making, the flawed condom had torn, right in the middle and Spike’s liquid spilled out from it.


November 22, 1963 proved to be a history altering moment in time, for the world, especially the United States. For Buffy and Spike, it would prove to be likewise, life-altering.



‘One Hand, One Heart’ (From West Side Story)


‘Make of our hands one hand
Make of our hearts one heart
Make of our vows one last vow
Only death will part us now

Make of our lives one life
Day after day one life


Now it begins, now we start
One hand, one heart
(Even) death won’t part us now.


A/N: Weird, huh? Kind of a personal bit of plot in there, so, bear with me.

Oh, ‘jacked’ for those of you that are not used to that slang word means: screwed up, a mess, etc.

Thank you for reading this and please review. Luv, Spuf