Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Thank you for all of the reviews and to everyone reading this.
Shippy, if you read this, I can't tell you how much your words mean to me!
I'm placing a 'hard 18' rating on this because of the subject matter.
Please read it and see what you think?
Thanks, Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 14: ‘You Never Can Tell’


A/N: A little warning here: While this is not going to be too graphic, it may be disturbing to some readers. This is why I’m giving it a hard ‘18’ rating.

This chapter, in no way, is trying to make a political statement, etc. I am just trying to write it as realistic as possible, while trying to keep on canon of the characters’ personalities from the show.

Thanks, Luv, Spuf


Spike took a drag from his freshly lit cigarette and watched as Xander knocked another of his pool balls into the right pocket. His best friend had won the last two sets of pool, even more proof that Spike’s mind was way, way far away from the game.

“I’m going to kick your ass, friend,” Xander promised good naturedly as he sized up his next shot. “You’re thinking too much about Buffy, Spike,” he added with a smirk. “She’s with Anya for Christ’s sake, what could be wrong?”

Taking another thoughtful drag of his smoke, Spike shook his head and sighed, “I can’t figure it out. Somethin’s off with my Buffy,” he stated for the twentieth time in an hour. “She’s been actin’ strange since before Christmas and…”

The worried teen’s conversation was interrupted by the sudden appearance of an out of breath Anya who had just thrown herself into Xander’s arms. The girl was sobbing loudly and Spike felt his stomach drop as fear spread up to his throat, choking him.

“Buffy!” Spike roared as he realized that something was truly, terribly wrong here. He dropped his smoke and glared at Xander and Anya, fearfully.

“It ‘is’ Buffy,” Anya choked out. “Oh, God, Xander, Spike, she’s in danger!”

Outside of the bar, the two teen males and one female were arguing, frantically. Anya had filled both of the young men in on everything that was going on.

“Take your folk’s car home, Anya,” Xander ordered his girlfriend. “Me and Spike’ll find Buffy, through Faith. You go on home, we’ll handle this from here. Wait at home, I’ll call and…”

“No way Harris!” Anya cried in frustration. “I love Buffy too and I’m going with. Besides,” the girl nearly smiled, wickedly, “Faith may neat an ass kicking to get the information out of her. Knowing you two,” she motioned at her boyfriend and Spike, “you’d never hit a woman, neither of you.”

“I might make an exception in this case,” Spike hissed through gritted teeth. His blue eyes were on fire with hatred for his traitorous Aunt.

“No matter,” Anya countered, with a mulish expression on her mouth, “I’m going. ‘I’ have no problem with beating the hell out of the bitch to get the address to this little shop of horrors she’s sent our Buffy to.”

Xander gave his best friend, Spike, an ‘it’s no use, she’s going’ look and the blond teen relented.

“Let’s move,” Spike ordered evenly, although he felt like his heart was going to burst forth from his chest. Spike wanted nothing more then to just magically find out the address of these so called ‘doctors’ that Anya had told them about.

‘I’ve got to find her,’ Spike thought desperately, ‘find my Buffy, now. Oh, God,’ he groaned, feeling the fear overcome him once again. ‘She’s to tiny, and dear and I love her, so much. Why? Why would she do this? Put herself into this kind of danger. I’d marry her, in a heartbeat, why…’

“I’m marrying her,” Spike blurted out suddenly to Xander, who drove his car, following Anya to her house. “I love Buffy, forever and you’re getting’ a new cousin, mate, one by marriage,” Spike stated, firmly.

“That’s cool,” Xander grinned at his best friend. “But let’s just get to Faith, find out where my little cousin’s gone, huh? After that? You and Buff can plan your white wedding to your heart’s content.”

Spike’s parents were gone to their cabin in the mountains, once again, to take advantage of the winter break. Aunt Faith was still staying, miraculously, at the Giles’ home so the three friends headed straight there. After Anya had dropped off the station wagon and leapt into the front seat of Xander’s Bel Aire.

Once the trio had arrived at the Giles’ home, Spike led the way inside. They found Aunt Faith, sitting in front of the fire place, a shot glass in hand and cigarette hanging from her mouth.

“Oh look, it’s the Dead End Kids!” Faith quipped sarcastically as she sipped her drink and took a drag from her cigarette. “I never knew a chic was allowed in the mix, with the Bowry Boys that is,” the older woman chuckled, sarcastically.

Spike grabbed the cigarette from his aunt’s hand and tossed it into the fireplace. He pulled the shot glass from her hand and threw it onto the mantel, where it shattered into pieces.

“Where is Buffy?” Spike growled, his voice deadly.

“She’s off, doing you a favor, nephew,” Faith glared at Spike with what looked like contempt.

“Tell me, Aunt Faith,” Spike hissed, leaning in closer to her and giving her a menacing glare.

“Why?” Faith spat, “you going to to go and ‘save’ the day, Spike? Make everything all right for you and your lady love?”

“Somethin’ like that,” Spike mumbled in a low gutteral tone. “I swear to God, Aunt Faith,” Spike began, enraged.

“I’ll beat the hell out of you if you don’t tell me where my friend’s gone,” Anya blurt out, shoving Spike away from his aunt. “Don’t think I give a crud about you or your still barely pretty face, bitch!” Anya continued, “I’ll take you apart if you don’t give us the name, number and address Buffy’s gone to. Now!”

Faith glared at Anya, then Xander, and finally Spike. She shrugged and sighed, “okay. I’ll give you the info, but tell me something nephew?” She steadied her serious stare at her nephew’s wide blue eyes.

“Are you going to marry her?” Faith asked simply. “If I give you this information? Are you going to marry your girl?”

“Yes,” Spike responded in a harsh voice, “I was going to marry her, eventually, anyway. This just moved things up a bit.”

“Okay,” Faith nodded as she grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down the address of the ‘place’ she’d sent Buffy. “ Just for the record, Spike,” she continued, defensively, “I tried to tell her that you’d do the right thing. Marry her. Tried to talk her out of it and…” With another shrug, Faith offered some hope, “There may still be time,” she began…

“Can it,” Spike hissed at his aunt with venom. “When we get back here, later?” He glared at the defensive woman in front of him, “be gone, bitch. You hear me?”

“Loud and clear,” Faith responded in an even voice.

Xander drove like a madman to the address, written on the tiny slip of paper that Faith had given them. He kept his eyes open for a cop car as he sped to the outskirts of Sunnydale.

“Jesus, why did Buffy do this?” Spike muttered in disbelief, from the back seat of Xander’s car.

“She didn’t want to tie you down, force you into a marriage,” Anya responded from the front seat of Xander’s car. “Buffy just wanted you to have a future, she said that she’d ruin your chances for college and…”

“Who gives a rat’s arse about college?” Spike hissed angrily. “All’s I care about is Buffy and ‘our’ baby.”

“Here’s the street,” Xander broke in as he slowed down his car and inched his way down the block. The three teens searched, desperately, for the address of where they could find Buffy. It was difficult, in the pitch black darkness that enveloped them, but they finally found the right address.

Spike bolted from the back seat of Xander’s car, even before the dark haired teen had stopped and turned off the ignition. The frantic blond started to run up the walkway of the tiny white house in front of them.

“Wait!” Xander cried out, causing Spike to stop in his tracks. Xander turned back to Anya, motioning her to stay in the car.

“If we’re not back out here, with Buffy, in fifteen, no, make that ten minutes?” Xander stated with authority to his girlfriend, “go down to the end of the block. I saw a gas station there, with a phone booth. I want you to call the cops, baby,” he continued evenly. “If we’re not back, in ten minutes, and I mean to the second. Got it?”

“I got it,” Anya nodded vigorously. “Be careful, please Xand,” she whimpered as her guy leaned in and kissed her forehead, tenderly.

“You’re one in a million, you know that?” Xander whispered to Anya as he pulled away from her.

The two male teens hurried up the walkway and Spike pounded on the door with his fist.

“What if this is the wrong place?” Xander asked suddenly.

“It’s not,” Spike responded, his jaw clenched. “I’ve got a gut feeling about this and…”

The front door flew open and Spike and Xander came face to face with a real tall, rather large built hulking male.

“What do you want?” the gargantuan spat at the two boys.

Xander looked at Spike, who looked back at him. “I can’t take this guy, by myself that is,” Xander whispered, nervously to Spike.

“So we’ll take him on, together?” Spike responded, matter-of-factly.

Without missing a beat, Spike doubled up his left fist and Xander doubled up his right. They hit Goliath with their fists, at the same time, knocking him backwards into the front living room.

Pushing past the man’s now knocked out body, on the floor, Spike heard some woman scream loudly.

“What the hell are you doing here. Stay out of there!” the voice screeched.

Instead, Spike rushed to a closed door at the back of the house and without thinking, kicked it in.

“Buffy!” he roared as he stumbled into the room, taking just seconds for his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

What met Spike’s eyes horrified him and the awful memory would stay with him for the rest of his life.

This ‘operating room’ was little more then a house bedroom, with a wooden floor and a filthy looking mattress that lay on it. There was some hardened looking older biddy that was staring at him, in shock, holding some disgusting looking medical (?) instrument in her huge hands.

“Buffy!” Spike cried desperately. Then, he saw his Princess, huddled in a corner of the fetid room, her arms wrapped about her body, defensively.

Buffy wore only her little, lovely white slip on her body. Spike loved that little lacy slip, loved how it fit his Buffy and showed every one of her beautiful curves.

“Buffy,” Spike whimpered as he slowly closed the gap between his girl and him. “Baby?” he leaned down and lifted her trembling chin up to meet his gaze.

“Will?” Buffy whispered, somewhat dazed. “Oh, oh, Will,” Buffy began to cry softly.

Spike wrapped his arms about his girl and lifted her up into his arms, cradling Buffy to him. She buried her head into his chest and groaned.

“I’m sorry,” Buffy began to chant between sobs, “I’m so sorry. Couldn’t go through with it. Ruined everything,” she choked out, burying her face, deeper, into her Spike’s strong chest.

“I’m glad you couldn’t go through with it,” Spike murmered to Buffy, kissing her mouth tenderly. “I love you, baby. Treasure you and our little one, in here,” he touched Buffy’s tummy, gently.


“It’s so ugly. This place I mean,” Buffy wailed as she clasped him to her and dug her fingernails into his back. She glanced about the dark, dank room, wild eyed and frantic. “Filthy and disgusting. I couldn’t go through with it,” Buffy repeated. “Too weak, too much of a coward and…”

“You’re the strongest, bravest person I know, sweetheart,” Spike cooed tenderly, rocking her little body with his arms.

“Don’t let them touch me!” Buffy screamed in terror. “Please don’t let ‘her’ put that thing in me and…”

“I’ll kill them all first,” Spike replied harshly, hugging Buffy to him. “With my bare hands, I’ll rip them all apart before I let them near you.”

“This is really touching,” the old bitch hissed in a scathing tone, “but just because Cinderella here changed her mind? Don’t think I’m going to give the money back!”

“Keep the fucking money, you blood sucker,” Spike roared like a lion at the ugly older woman. “You’ll need it to leave town!”

Xander took that moment to burst into the room and push the woman out of the way, roughly.

“Is it too late?” the dark haired teen asked frantically. “Did we get here in time?” Xander stopped and looked around the room and shuddered. “Good God! This place reeks!” the teen gasped in disgust.

Spike nodded at Xander, in relief, then murmered to Buffy “your clothes?” Spike whispered tenderly to Buffy cuddling her closely to him and gently kissing her forehead. “Where are they?”

Buffy shook her head, letting Spike know she had no idea what had happened to her dress and shoes. Spike took off his jacket and wrapped it around his girl and picked her up in his arms.

After Spike carried Buffy out of the filthy room, Xander turned to glare at the nervous female in front of him. He strode over to the anxious woman and leaned in, very close to her. His chocolate brown eyes burned with anger and disgust.

“This is how it’s going to be,” Xander began, fairly calmly, even though he wanted to murder this bitch and her cohorts.

“You’ve got thirty, no, make that twenty minutes,” the large teen growled at the woman. “You’ve got twenty minutes to pack up your little hospital of horrors here and vacate Sunnydale, permenantly. Understand?”

The woman smirked at this upstart teen and hissed, “who says? You?”

“Yeah,” Xander hissed back with an even more wicked smirk. “Cos here’s what’s gonna’ happen, you worthless bitch. Me and my friends are going to drive back into Sunnydale’s city limits. That should take us, oh, about ten minutes or so. Then,” he continued maliciously, “we’re going to find a phone booth, one with a phone that actually works? And one of us is going to drop a dime on you, your neanderthal friends out front and this whole fucking shit hole of an operation of yours. To the cops, that is,” Xander added smugly.

The brunette teen glanced at the watch on his wrist and then back up at Ms. Ugly USA. “Time’s starting, now,” Xander spat at the woman, viciously. He turned and nearly ran out of the back room, into the front yard and to his car.

As Xander drove his car, back into Sunnydale, at the speed limit this time? He watched his best friend and his cousin, in the back seat. A small smiled formed on the brunette teen’s handsome mouth.

“I’m sorry,” Buffy whispered against Spike’s chest, where her face had been buried since he broke into that horrible house and saved her.

“I…” she trailed off, weakly, her little body shaking like a leaf.

“It’s okay,” Spike murmered, comfortingly to her. “We’re okay, sweetheart,” he cooed tenderly.

“I’m never going to leave you, Buffy,” Spike promised in a manly, firm voice. “I’m always going to be with you, baby,” he continued as he peppered her damp face with kisses.

“We’re gonna’ get married, as soon as possible, baby,” Spike assured her. “I love you, Buffy. I treasure you, and our child. Whatever it takes? We’ll do it and make it work, understand?”

Buffy nodded, slowly. “Daddy,” she mumbled, in an exhausted voice, “he’ll never sign the papers, Will.” She began to cry again, softly. “I’m too young to get married, without parental consent and…”

“Then we’ll find a place to go, some state that ‘will’ let us get married, without our parents’ consent. I’m taking over now, Buffy. Making things right,” Spike stated.

“I didn’t want to force you into marrying me,” Buffy whimpered in a little girl voice. “Didn’t want to tie you down and force you to.”

“I’ll let you in on a little secret,” Spike raised Buffy’s chin up so he could look directly into her beautiful emerald green eyes. He smiled, lovingly, down at her.

“I was going to ‘ask’ you to marry me, anyway, eventually. This just moved things up a bit. Okay?” Spike placed a kiss on her lush little mouth and snuggled her closer to him.

“Okay,” Buffy smiled, weakly and rested her weary head on her ‘man’s’ chest, once again.

“I love you too,” Buffy murmered into Spike’s warm, comforting chest.

“You’re coming to my house tonight, Buffy,” Anya turned around to face the couple in the back seat. “Mom and Dad are out of town for the weekend, so we’ll do the sleepover, like we planned in the first place. You can get some rest there. Make some plans?” Anya turned back around in the front seat and cuddled up to her Xander.

Spike snuggled Buffy up to him, even closer and nuzzled her warm, golden head with his lips.

“We can make our plans, tonight,” Spike nodded as he snuggled his ‘treasures’ to him, lovingly. “By Sunday? Everything will be settled. I promise,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s warm ear.

Xander Harris drove his Bel Aire through the night time, pretty content, for once. For once, the dark haired teen felt pretty damn good about himself. Who gave a rat’s ass if his own parents were the dregs of society? He, Xander Lavelle Harris had helped his beloved cousin and best friend out, like a real man would.

As Xander wrapped his right arm about his precious girlfriend, Anya, he began to whistle a little tune, softly. A jumpy little tune by Chuck Berry himself. A warm smile formed on Xander’s lips as he watched the loving couple in his back seat, in his rear view mirror that is.


‘You Never Can Tell’


‘It was a teenage wedding, and the old folks wished them well.
You could see that Pierre did truly love the madamoiselle
And now the young monsieur and madame have rung the
Chapel bell.
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They furnished off the apartment with a two room Roebuck
Sale.
The coolerator was crammed with TV dinners and ginger ale,
But when Pierre found work, the little money comin’ worked
Out well…
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They had a hi-fi phono, boy, did they let it blast
Seven hundred little records, all rock, rhythm and jazz…
But when the sun went down, the rapid tempo of the music
Fell.

“Cest la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They bought a souped-up jitney, ‘twas a cherry red ’53,
They drove it down to Orleans to celebrate their anniversary
It was there that Pierre was married to the lovely
Madamoiselle
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.’


A/N: Now, did you think that I would ever, ever let Buffy go through with giving up Spike’s baby? Nahhhhhh!!!

Please read and review, Luv, Spuf