YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 6: ‘Then He Kissed Me’


The last week of freedom, before school began, went quickly for Buffy and Spike. When Spike was not at work, his part time job at Cole’s market of Sunnydale, where he was a box boy? He spent with Buffy, or Buffy and their friends. But always, with Buffy, in some way.

Buffy whiled away her hours away from Spike by running around with her closest friends, Willow, Anya and Cassie. Otherwise, she spent time with her little sister, Dawn. Dawn had always been there for Buffy, from day one, since her dad had married Joyce. The older girl would never turn her back on Dawn, or overlook the younger girl.

Buffy even insisted that Dawnie accompany her and her friends to the shopping center in town to purchase their new school wardrobes. For the most part, the older girls accepted Dawn as one of the gang and did their best to make her feel welcome.

However, at night? After Spike got off work and ate a quick supper with his parents, he hightailed it to Buffy’s house. If he hadn’t eaten, he would pick up Buffy and take her out for dinner. But no matter what else they did, the couple would always end up at a secluded, private spot, later at night and make with the smoochies until Buffy’s curfew of 11:00 PM.

This, actually, was the highlight of the young people’s evening, however, it was also the hell of it. The truth was, Spike and Buffy wanted each other so badly that their necking sessions were becoming nearly unbearable. If they did not make love together, soon, then both Buffy and Spike felt like they might explode.

This went on, for a good month or more, well into the new school year. Spike did not want to pressure his beautiful Buffy too much, and Buffy was more then shy about broaching the subject with her yummy boyfriend. So, in the interim, the couple became more and more frustrated, physically, even if they had taken their passion to second base. Until they made love together, completely, Spike and Buffy would always feel like something was missing between them.

Of course, once school started, Buffy was tied up with cheerleading, practice and games she had to attend. Spike always followed along after, to the games anyway, waiting patiently until the end of them. Then he and Buffy would go out together, or, just be alone together.

Buffy had caught more then a little flack from some of her friends, mostly other cheerleaders, about the dating of Spike. Not that there was anything wrong with Spike, no, but to give up a real catch like Angel for him?

Apparently, Cordelia and Angel hadn’t lasted more then a week and since the dark haired cheerleader was very proud? No one was told, or knew what exactly had happened that night at Angel’s party. Buffy never breathed a word of Angel’s betrayal to anyone but Spike,of course, and Xander and Anya. All were sworn to secrecy and Buffy never held the entire affair against Cordy. So, it was never spoken of again. Therefore, all the kids and the school had no idea what had happened to break up Angel and Buffy. They just assumed that Spike had come between them and taken Buffy from his cousin. End of discussion.

However, a few of Buffy’s cheerleader friends had decided to make it their personal quest to find out why? Why would Buffy Summers, Princess of Sunnydale, leave dreamy, wonderful, perfect Angel Crawford for Spike Giles, teen hood.

Of all the troublesome teens that persecuted Buffy with questions, it was Sandy Wilkens, Riley Finn’s girlfriend that was the worst.

“Why the heck would you dump a dream like Angel for that leather clad, slicked back haired, low rent loser like Spike Giles?” Sandy kept asking Buffy, constantly. Sandy had even recruited two other cheerleaders into her camp, Marcie and Amanda, to pester Buffy with questions about her choices.

Finally, Buffy could take no more. No more questions about Buffy’s dumping Angel, while Cordelia looked on, terrified…No more jibes at Buffy and her poor choices, no more questions, period.

“Sandy, I want to talk to you,” Buffy had finally spat out, at a cheerleading practice. The rest of the cheerleading squad, male and female looked on as Buffy cornered Sandy, Marcie and Amanda.

“Let’s get something straight,” Buffy began with a low, but purely feminine growl. “Spike is anything but low rent and a loser. Besides at Angel’s ‘end of Summer’ party, you know, when you were playing round the bases with Riley? Something happened, something pretty awful to me. Angel was at fault, of course, but that’s not important anymore. What is important is that Spike Giles came in, rescued me and took me home that night.”

Buffy glared ‘up’ at the slightly taller girl. Anya, Buffy’s best friend, stepped over to join her and glared, too, at Sandy.

“My boyfriend, Spike,” Buffy continued, proudly, “he took me home. Talked to me and really treated me like a real, bonafide human being. He held me, comforted me and then?” Buffy purred like a kitten, her eyes half closed in memory… “then, my wonderful, gorgeous, terrific boyfriend, Spike? Then, he kissed me.” She finished with a smug, happy grin and flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder.

Buffy sauntered off and picked up her pom poms from the football field. A very stunned, shocked actually, Sandy watched her cheerleader cohort scoop up her pom poms and nearly skip off, Anya in tow.

“Wow,” Sandy mumbled, still in surprise from tiny, little reserved Buffy’s overwhelming reaction. “She really likes the guy, huh?”

“Yeah,” Cordelia Chase sidled up to Sandy and placed her hand on the other girl’s shoulder. “Buffy does really like Spike and you know what?” Sandy looked down at Cordy, being a couple of inches taller. “Spike worships the ground Buffy walks on,” Cordelia continued evenly. “They’re lucky, Sandy,” Cordy went on, wistfully, “I hope they make it. They deserve it. Both of them.”





Spike waited by his car, after school, to take Buffy home. He was off today, as the new school year had started and Rupert Giles made his son cut his hours at work.

“School is the most important thing, William,” Rupert would tell Spike, constantly. Which was just fine with Spike, since now he could spend more time with Buffy.

As Spike waited, leaning against the hood of his DeSoto, Oz and Willow joined him. Oz was talking about his band, as usual, while Willow just stood and smiled, quietly.

The friends were so busy, emmersed in Oz’s unusual quick banter, that they neglected to see Angel or his two friends, Riley and Doyle swagger up to them. It wasn’t until the three other teens reached Spike’s car that the waiting group even noticed them.

“Hello, cousin,” Angel greeted Spike, a note of sarcasm in his deep voice. “How’s Buffy?” the dark haired, large teen asked amicably enough, but his mouth was twisted in a scowl.

“She’s fine, Angel,” Spike answered quickly, then went back to talking music with Oz. Totally blowing off Angel and ignoring his companions.

“Oh, she is, fine that is, all right, cousin,” Angel mumbled, interrupting the conversation, yet again. “What me and my guys here don’t understand? Is what she’s doing with the likes of you. Do you have any idea, just how fine, our Buffy is. Such a prim, proper lady, is Buffy Summers.”

“Oh, you may have gotten past second with Buffy the Ice Queen, but don’t get too excited, Spikey. Buffy’s stuck together at her knees and…”

Angel was never able to finish the awful words. Spike leapt at him and grabbed his cousin by his jacket. He slammed Angel against his car, holding him there, roughly.

“No one, especially you, talks about Buffy that way,” Spike hissed as he slammed his fist into Angel’s jaw. “Don’t ever even say Buffy’s name again, Peaches,” Spike added harshly, still holding his cousin down, against the DeSoto.

Angel’s cheek was already red, black and blue. Riley and Doyle immediately grabbed ahold of Spike and pulled him back from their friend, Angel. Oz clasped both Riley and Doyle with his hands, respectively, then cried out, “back off boys. This is between them, not us. Angel outweighs Spike, by at least thirty pounds, and five or six inches in height. Let the cousins work this out.”

“Work what out?” Buffy walked up and sized up the scene, quickly. “Why is Angel smashed against ‘your’ car, Spike?” She asked her boyfriend, innocently.

“He,” Spike stammered as he glanced at his wonderful girl, Buffy, then looked away in shame. “He said something stupid, Princess,” he admitted, simply to Buffy.

“Angel said some nasty things about you,” Willow piped in, suddenly. “Spike stood up for you.”

“What did he say?” Buffy asked quietly as she hurried over to Spike and sidled in between him and the two bullies that held him.
“What did Angel say, Willow?” she asked again, in a hushed voice.

“Buffy,” Spike murmered, “it’s not important and…”

“Angel said that you’re stuck together at the knees,” Willow responded in a strong voice. The red haired girl glared at Angel, Riley and Doyle, but grinned, benevolently at her boyfriend, Oz.

“I see,” Buffy sighed sadly. “All right then,” she continued softly, “let’s go, huh Spike?” Buffy gave her guy a sad look that tore into him, deeply.

“Okay, Princess,” Spike whispered and pulled away from Riley and Doyle. “Let’s get out of here. We’ve got things to do, eh, luv?”

“We do,” Buffy smiled, half-heartedly, “lots of things. Oh, Angel,” Buffy added with a manevolent look at her ex, “about my being stuck together? At the knees? Maybe it takes a great kisser, like Spike to loosen my knees up? You think?”

Willow began to giggle, loudly, while Oz laughed outright. Even Riley and Doyle garuffed, openly. “That was a real burn,” Riley chuckled as he let loose of Spike. “Buffy’s got quite a mouth on her huh Angel?”

“Yeah,” Angel grumbled, harshly, standing up from the car after Spike let him go.

Spike opened the passenger door for Buffy and grinned at her, lovingly as she sat in the front seat of ‘his’ car. His Buffy looked so happy and proud as Spike hopped into the driver’s seat and started the engine.

However, the couple rode in silence, until they got to the Giles’ house and Spike turned off the car. They sat in the DeSoto, for a few minutes in complete silence, staring out at the opposite sides of the car.

“Mum and Dad,” Spike began carefully, “they’re gone out until late tonight.” He didn’t look at Buffy, just stared at the dashboard of his car.

“Okay,” Buffy whispered, a little nervously. “We can still go in, study for Math, huh?” She glanced anxiously at her boyfriend, then down at the dashboard, too.

When they entered the Giles’ house, Spike motioned for Buffy to sit at the dining room table. He hurried into the kitchen and made some drinks and food for their study session. Spike brought the food and drinks out to the table and flopped down in the chair next to Buffy.

He began to flip through his Math book, but watched his girl from the corner of his eye. Buffy drummed her pencil on her book and notebook, carefully not looking over at Spike, he was sure.

“Buffy,” Spike clasped his girl’s tiny hand in his, “can I ask you something? Why ‘do’ you date me?”

Buffy reared back, shocked at the bluntness of Spike’s question. She set her pencil down on her notebook and took his other hand with hers.

“I date you,” she began in a hushed, almost reverent tone, “because I like you. A lot. I date you, William,” she continued, cupping her hands on his facial cheeks, gazing into his blue eyes, “because you’re a great guy. Because you treat me like a lady, like a human being. Why wouldn’t I date a great guy like you?”

Spike grinned, happily and kissed first her right, then left hand. He pulled her close to him and kissed her sweet mouth, affectionately.

“Can I ask you why you date me?” Buffy asked, softly, almost afraid of his answer. She continued to gaze into Spike’s indigo blue eyes, searching for his honesty there.

He pulled Buffy’s chin up and gazed into her lovely green eyes, lovingly. “I date you,” he whispered honestly as he kissed her forehead, then her right cheek, tenderly. “I date you,” he continued softly, “because I love you Buffy. I’ve loved you for a long, long time. So very, very much.” Spike stared, deeply into Buffy’s eyes and held his breath, a little embarrassed by his admission. Of all the things he was afraid of? Spike dreaded rejection most of all, especially from this tiny, green-eyed girl that he loved so much. He had never been in love before, nor would he ever be again, not after this. This much Spike knew. If Buffy didn’t love him back? Spike would just die from…

“I love you too,” Buffy whispered, shyly.

“Oh, Princess,” Spike murmered, huskily. He pulled Buffy from her chair and onto his lap. Spike began to pepper Buffy’s face and mouth with soft, whispy kisses, delighted when she kissed him back in the same way. At least as much as she could, considering their positions.

Sweeping Buffy up in his strong arms, Spike carried her to the living room couch. He sat down, careful not to let go of his precious cargo, careful not to be too anxious in his ministrations.

Buffy was afire with need and she could ‘feel’ Spike’s need against her. Down below.

“I,” she began, nervously, “I don’t think I’m…”

“Ready,” Spike finished for her with a slight smile. “I know that, baby,” he cooed as he ran his fingers down her cheek. “I can wait, forever, if need be. Until you are ready that is.”

“Thank you,” Buffy whispered, shyly, again. “I don’t know what I’d do, honey,” she went on, softly, “if you were pushy or mean, Will.”

Spike flinched at Buffy’s use of his given nickname, although, it was rather nice to hear it from her lush lips.

“Do you mind me calling you Will? Sometimes anyway?” Buffy asked, her eyes wide with confusion.

“Call me Will anytime you want, baby,” Spike purred into Buffy’s warm little ear. “It sounds like heaven, coming from you. You alone, Buffy,” he assured her. They began to kiss passionately.

“Mmmm,” Buffy cooed when she felt Spike run his long fingers down her neck, to her right breast. “That feels so good, Will,” she panted.

‘Imagine how good it’s going to feel with me inside of you,’ Spike thought to himself. ‘When it’s right that is,’ he added in his mind.

“Can I touch you, under your blouse, luv?” Spike asked, respectfully, even though they had done this, a few times before. He was rewarded by Buffy’s tiny right hand, taking his left one and slipping it up under her blouse. When Spike’s hand reached his destination, he began to place, light, whispery touches around Buffy’s lacey bra covered nipple.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy hissed, softly, as he continued to rub her nipple, still over her silky lace bra. “That’s…”

“What?” Spike moaned, huskily, maybe more turned on then even Buffy was. “What is it, baby?” he asked, his voice gravelly from lust.

“That’s wonderful. But don’t you want to feel ‘under’ my bra?” Buffy asked shyly, her face bright red with a blush.

“Course I do,” Spike chuckled softly, slipping his hand, gently under Buffy’s bra. When he touched her warm, fleshy nipple, Spike jumped, just a little. She felt so good, his Buffy did. Immediately, Spike began to repeat the whispery, soft circular motions on Buffy’s bare, sweet nipple.

“Oh, God,” Buffy hissed, wriggling beneath Spike’s hand, her legs rubbing together at the thighs. “More,” she whispered huskily, “please, baby, I need more.”

“Buffy,” Spike gapsed as he ripped her blouse open and pulled her bra off. He tossed the innocent, pretty lacy material onto the floor and attacked both of Buffy’s beautiful breasts with his hands.

“So good,” Buffy sighed, deeply, pulling Spike’s body over hers and running her hands down his back. “You’re hands, they feel like heaven, honey,” she groaned.

“My lips,” Spike whispered softly, “they’ll feel even better, sweetheart. You know that, though, don’t you?”

“Yes,” Buffy hissed, now pulling Spike’s fair head to her breasts. “Kiss them, suck them, please, baby,” she pleaded. Spike wasted no time in pleasing her. He buried his mouth onto her right breast and began to lick and suck her puckered nipple.

Spike licked and sucked Buffy’s nipples and breasts, for what seemed like hours. He took her whole right breast into his mouth, then eased it out again, watching Buffy’s green half-closed eyes as he did.

“Feel good?” he finally asked, his voice nearly a rasp.

“Feels wonderful,” Buffy sighed in contented pleasure. “I want to make you feel good, Will,” she admitted, timidly.

“You do,” Spike whispered as he began to run his fingers down Buffy’s bare tummy, to the top of her skirt.

Buffy grabbed Spike’s wandering hand and held it, to her stomach. She looked into his eyes, soulfully. “What do you want to do to me, baby?” she asked, softly, the picture of innocence.

This innocent Buffy stance proved to be Spike’s total undoing. He wrapped his arms about Buffy and pulled her, flush, to him.

“What do you want me to do, sweet?” he asked, his voice heavy with lust. “I would like to touch you, here,” he finished by placing his hand over Buffy’s skirt covered cunny. He noticed that she pressed her mound into his hand and purred seductively.

“Touch me, there,” she ordered, gently, “please, Will,” she pleaded softly. “I need you to.”

Spike wasted no time in pulling Buffy’s skirt up and running his hand up her thigh, to her panty covered cunny. He watched his girl, intently, while he pulled the cotton panty out of the way and began to slowly run his left index finger along her cunny lips.

Buffy sighed, continuously, while Spike ‘touched’ her tenderly on her vagina lips. She began to thrust forward, to meet his gentle touching, encouraging him to continue and expand his exploration.

“So soft,” Spike said in awe as he ran his fingers around her wet, warm core. “So soft and pretty,” he continued, watching his own fingers pleasure his girl. Finally, when neither of them could wait any longer, Spike thrust a finger into Buffy’s welcoming cunny and ran his thumb over her sensitive clit.

“Ohhhh,” Buffy moaned in pleasure as she bucked against her darling Spike’s fingers and hand. “That’s so good,” she whimpered. In a bold, aggressive move, Buffy placed her hand over Spike’s and encouraged his arrousing movements.

“That’s it, baby,” Spike whispered, mesmerized by Buffy’s responsiveness, “help me make you feel good.”

“I think about this, all the time,” Spike murmered, huskily. “All day, all night,” he hissed, his own eyes half closed in arrousal. “I think about touching you, feeling you this way. Wonder what it’s going to be like when we go all the way, really make love together. Don’t you, baby?” He asked, his eyes now wide with insecurity.

“All the time,” Buffy sighed in pleasure. “I think about this all the time, too, Will,” she purred. Her tiny hand took charge, squeezing her Spike’s hand, spurring him on to rub harder, faster, less gentle. Buffy didn’t want gentle, not tonight. She wanted hard, fast and continuous.

“I’m…” Buffy hissed and bucked even harder against Spike’s wonderful hand. “I’m going to…” she groaned in pleasure, again and again.

“Come on,” Spike growled, leaning over Buffy’s bare tummy and kissing her on it, tenderly. “Cum for me, my sweet, girl, please,” he begged eagerly. He watched as Buffy’s eyes closed, all the way and she moaned, loudly.

“Oh, Spike!” Buffy cried out her release, pulling his hand against her, even harder. She then reached out, cupped his head with her hands and pulled his mouth up to hers. They kissed, tenderly.

“Thank you,” Buffy gasped, still not completely calmed down from her orgasm. “It was wonderful, Will,” she murmered as she slumped back onto the couch.

“I’ll do anything to make you happy, make you feel good, baby,” Spike murmered, burying his head into her neck. “You’re my girl, I love you.”

“Love you,” Buffy echoed softly. “Will?” she whispered, her tone was breathy and soft. “I want to make you feel good too,” she added, shyly.

“I’m happy, I feel good, too,” Spike sighed, nuzzling into her, even more. “It’s enough, sweetheart, just for you to feel good. Don’t worry, it’s fine and…”

“No,” Buffy huffed, stubbornly, “I want to touch you. Make you feel good.”

“Buffy,” Spike began, in a low warning voice, “if you touch me, make me feel good? Well,” he stammered, “what you might start? I might not be able to stop myself and…”

“I want to make you feel good too,” Buffy repeated, aggressively. “I want to touch your, you know, thingy? Make it feel good. Can’t I, baby? Please?” Buffy begged her lover, with her big, beautiful green eyes.

“Yes,” Spike answered quickly, a little ashamed of himself, momentarily, for his abrupt answer. But damn, Buffy, his beloved girl was offering to ‘get him off’ with her touch. Why not? They’d be careful, no slip ups, she could just give him a…”

“Buffy,” Spike shook his head, trying to clear the pleasureable thoughts from it. “I’m not sure we can stop if…”

“We can stop, when it’s time,” Buffy purred, coyly. “I’ll just touch you,” she cooed as she reached down and ran her hand over her William’s jean covered bulge. “I’ll just touch you, rub you, inside your jeans, if that’s what you want?” Buffy looked at Will from the corner of her, saucily. “Don’t you want me to touch you?” she asked, coyly.

“Oh, hell yes,” Spike gasped as he clasped his hand over her tiny, fragile one, encouraging her, now, to rub his cock with it. “I want you to touch me, all the time, sweet,” he assured her with a harsh, gutteral groan.

“Can I take it out?” Buffy asked, timidly, afraid that she wasn’t doing something right. Spike certainly looked as if she was doing it right but, how could she be sure? She’d never done this before and…”

“Please take it out,” Spike moaned, completely at Buffy’s mercy by this time. “Please take it out, baby, touch it, more, please.”

Buffy unzipped Spike’s jeans and reached into them, pulling his bare, hard member from his pants.

‘Gosh!’ Buffy exclaimed in silent surprise. ‘He’s huge!’ She wondered, briefly, if all guys were this big, or if it was just her William that was built so very well?

“That’s it,” Spike moaned in encouragement, helping Buffy along with his hand over hers again. “Just run your hand over it. It’ll be fine, sweet. When it’s time, for me to cum? I’ll put my shirt over it, cover it for you. Don’t you worry, baby,” he grinned at her, lustily, “you just keep doing that. What you’re doing and we’ll be fine, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy nodded and began to rub Spike’s lovely, long penis lovingly. “Is this too hard?” she asked, worried that she might hurt him.

“Oh, hell no,” Spike stuttered in pleasure, “just right,” he moaned contentedly. “Just keep it up, just like that, my precious. You’re doing so good, my sweet girl. So perfect you are.”

Buffy smiled, happily and began to pull and rub Spike’s gorgeous member, eagerly. She made sure to keep a firm, hard grasp, but not to hurt him. Soon, her Spike began to groan and moan, non stop and suddenly, he grabbed off his shirt, pulling it over his head. Before Buffy could blink and eye, Spike placed the shirt between Buffy’s hand and the end of his hard, strong, thingy.

“Was that?” Buffy gasped in awe as she watched Spike’s penis convulse then relax underneath his shirt.

“Oh, yeah,” Spike groaned in relief and pleasure as he slumped back onto the couch. When he’d finished trembling from his own orgasm, he disposed of his shirt and pulled Buffy to him.

“Mine,” he whispered as he peppered his love with kisses. “Always mine,” he assured her, clasping Buffy as tightly as possible, so she could still breathe. “I love you, always, Buffy,” Spike sighed, his lips against her soft, warm neck.

“I am yours,” Buffy whispered with the self satisfaction of a girl who’s in love. In love with a guy who loved her back, totally.


Spike placed his hand under Buffy’s tiny chin and raised it up to meet his gaze.

“I’ll always love you,” he murmered. Then he leaned into her mouth, with his. And then…he kissed her.


‘Then He Kissed Me’ (The Crystals)


‘Well, he walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance.
He looked kinda nice and so I said I might take a chance.
When he danced, he held me tight,
And when he walked me home that night,
All the stars were shining bright…
And then he kissed me.

He kissed me in a way that I’ve never been kissed before,
He kissed me in a way that wanna’ be kissed forever more.

Each time I saw him I couldn’t wait to see him again.
I wanted to let him know that he was more then a friend.
So I whispered, I love you,
And he said that he loved me too,
And then he kissed me.

I knew that he was mine so I gve him all the love that I had
And one day he took me home to meet his mom and his dad.
Then he asked me to be his bride,
And always be right by his side,
I felt so happy I almost cried
And then he kissed me.

Then he asked me to be his bride,
And always be right by his side,
I felt so happy I almost cried
And then he kissed me
And then he kissed me
And then he kissed me’.


A/N: This is just the first ‘love-making’ scenes between Buffy and Spike. It will get more intense, promise. Thank you for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf