Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish to thank everyone....reviewers, readers....you guys rock.....really. If not for all of you I'd still just be writing for fun and keeping them all to myself......
Giles sat watching as Nigel fidgeted about beside his father. The patience Spike was showing his son, proved to him what a wonderful father he was. He understood how Hank fit into this day so perfectly. For if the man had not intervened, then his pseudo daughter would not be having this happy ending. Nigel would not be a major part in their lives, and Spike would still be seen as the enemy.

Never had he felt so happy for Buffy as he did right now. This time around he was the spectator, and that was just fine. He knew that by Buffy having Hank give her away this time it was meant to be. The memories he had of escorting her down the aisle the first time still warmed his heart, and could never be replaced.

Squeezing Joyce's hand he turned to her and smiled, "Today could not be anymore perfect."

"I agree." She said as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Isn't Nigel just the cutest thing?"

"Yes."

"Spike is so good for him." She sighed, as she watched her future son-in-law kneel down beside the young boy and soothe his nerves.

Joyce took a moment to look over at Dawn and Lorne who was whispering about like little children. One day she would be doing the same for her youngest daughter. She just hoped Dawn found someone that would love her the same as Giles loved her, Spike loved Buffy, and Xander loved his Willow.

Last night had been a wonderful night of surprises. The Harris' came out and told them they were going to be parents. Joyce looked at the newly parents to be and smiled. In her heart she knew things where not going to be the same, but only better. They came together and weathered the storm. In the end they came out the winners, they have a warm and adorable little boy to smother with loving attention.

Spike stood on the exact spot where he had first asked Buffy to marry him the first time. Their favorite area on the beach, where they would come on the weekends to just relax and be together. The place Buffy first told him she loved him.

Looking down at his son, he noticed Nigel looking nervous with all the people standing around watching them. Both had dressed casual in khaki pants, plain white shirts, and were barefooted. Buffy had wanted something simple and reflecting being by the ocean.

"Nige, what's wrong?" Spike asked as he ran his fingers through his son's curls, offering his support and comfort.

"Do they have to look at us?" he asked quietly of his father.

Spike crouched down so the boy could see him easier. "They're just happy for us is all. Soon they will be watching your mom and me get married. Then we will be a family. They're here to wish us luck and celebrate with us."

"Do you have to go without me?" Nigel looked up at his father in near tears.

"Only for tonight, just like we talked about. Then tomorrow you will be with us. I'm never going to lose you Nigel," Spike reassured his son, wondering if it would have been wiser telling him about Dru before today.

"I want to stay with you." Nigel pouted as Spike realized his son looked tired and scared.

"How about we talk about it after the wedding, okay?"

Nigel's eyes lit up and nodded his head as he reached up to hug his father. Laying his head on his father's shoulder as Spike picked him up to help calm him.

Buffy watched as Spike picked up their son, knowing instinctively what their boy was feeling. She had noticed how he'd started to withdraw throughout the day. They had not shared an afternoon nap together that had become their habit. Spike would watch TV or read, and she and Nigel would snuggle and doze for a couple hours.

"I don't think someone is happy right now," Hank said, wondering if the young man was going to stay with Joyce after all.

"We might have to put off the mini-honeymoon for now," Buffy said with a smile, knowing she wouldn't be able to leave him after all.

"We could see if he would stay with me?" Hank offered, as he held out his arm for his daughter to take.

"Love the offer, but I think my little man needs me and his father. He's still afraid of Dru, and losing his father again," Buffy said, knowing Nigel needed to become secure in the knowledge he was theirs now. "Once we tell him about Dru, and he knows she can't come and take him from us it will get better."

"Have I told you how proud I am of you?" Hank asked, as he started to escort her to her newly formed family.

"Not today." Buffy giggled, never taking her eyes off her men, who stood now watching her approach with big smiles on their faces.

"You do, Princess, you make me so proud to be your father," Hank told her as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.. "Today I also gain a son, who I'm more than happy to welcome to the family."

Buffy's smile grew as she agreed, "Yes, and I will let you in on a secret, he's more than happy to be gaining a father."

Hank's chest puffed up hearing those words. Soon he was going to hand off his oldest daughter to a man he'd come to respect and love as if he was his own. Then he'd stand witness beside the man he'd come to love like a son as he took his vows. Never to this day did he ever think something like this would happen to him. He wondered if Dawn would allow him the same privilege one day.

Spike stood in awe as he watched his lover, best friend, and life mate, walk toward him. She was a vision with her beige sundress, flowing around her. The evidence of her carrying life inside her that they created together almost brought him to his knees. Pending motherhood radiated from her being, giving her a glow that warmed his heart. Giving him cause to thank whoever was in charge upstairs allowing him back into her life.


*******

Warren stood in the back watching his boss give his daughter away. He still couldn't believe he let the man talk him into coming to work for him, giving up the excitement of government work. But then again, he was still able to take on consultant work, and would have time to finish the textbook on criminal investigating he'd been trying to finish.

The most famous case for him to add to his book would be how he was able to link one Preacher to the death of his three wives. It still boggled his mind how he'd picked up on that so quickly. Once he figured out what was bothering him about the clerks report, it all just flowed so easily. He was able to fax a copy of Caleb's picture over and the clerk immediately recognized him as the man who'd checked in right before Dru had been killed. Then the rest had been easy once he followed his gut and checked on his previous two ex-wives.

"Yep, I'm going to like making this a place you can raise your kids and just be safe," he thought as he continued to watch the wedding.

*******

Hank chuckled under his breath as he came to stand before Spike, seeing how besotted the young man was over his daughter. He held out his arms for Nigel to come to him. "Come keep Grandpa company while we watch together."

Nigel reached out and let his grandfather take him from his father, feeling safe with the older man. Buffy noticed how much Nigel trusted her father and a plan formulated in her mind. Thinking of how she and Spike just might get their wedding night to themselves for a short period after all.

Everyone stood witness to a wedding of not just of this man and this woman, but of a man, woman, and child. Once the vows were said, not only did the man kiss his bride, but also a son was able to kiss his new mother.

*******

EPILOGUE


THREE YEARS LATER

Buffy stood before her husband's place of business and couldn't help but remember the first time he'd brought her here. Seeing his boyish delight written all over his face, as he shared his plans. Watching the resolve on his face as he turned to ask her if this was something they'd be able to do together.

Now three years later his hopes and dreams for this place had become a reality. Inside was the man she'd vowed to love, honor, and support, until death do they part, three years ago. Since then, the twins had been born, Nigel grew into a well-developed young boy, and their relationship had flourished.

The first year had been rough with the money and time needed to get his business up and running. Looking back, she realized it had been a great year, for they really came together as a family. The support of friends and family made their lives wealthy in ways money never could.

"Gonna stand there all day?"

Buffy turned to smile at Xander as she replied, "I was just having a moment of peaceful reflection."

Xander chuckled as he nudged against her, "I know what you mean."

"Are you here to pick up Rose?"

"Yep, going to get my daughter and then go home and start dinner." Xander explained, loving the fact they didn't need strangers taking care of his and Willow's daughter.

"I'm here to pick up the twins." Buffy said, with a smile.

"How was work today?" Xander asked as the entered the building.

"It was sad, really and yet happy. The last day of school before summer break is sad for me. My kids leave for junior high, it's hard to say goodbye, ya know?" Buffy sighed, as she breathed in the mixed aroma of old and new books all in their place, bringing a smile to her face. "But, then I have close to three months of being just a mom and wife."

Xander looked down at the petite blonde, giving her a wink, "So, you and Spike coming over for dinner tomorrow?"

"Like clock work." She replied, as she looked around to see if her husband was around.

"I bet he's downstairs with the kids." Xander suggested, knowing his friend enjoyed spending as much time with the twins that he could.

Just when she was about to agree her man walked through the door that led to the daycare that was located downstairs. The look on his face when he saw her gave her goose bumps.

Xander knew when he wasn't needed as he said, "Well, I'm going down to check out the kiddies."

"Talk at you tomorrow, Xander." Buffy said, without taking her eyes off her husband.

"Take care, mate." Spike said in greeting as his friend walked past him to go downstairs.

"Dinner tomorrow night, don't forget you're grilling." Xander reminded him right before he closed the door, never expecting an answer.

"Hey, handsome, what's happening?" Buffy asked as she slowly advanced toward her husband.

"Hmmm, wondering if you have time for a quickie in the office."

"Oh, I like quickies." She giggled, "How are our girls?"

Spike met her half way, pulling her close as he breathed in her scent. "Our girls are doing great, taking a wee nap at the moment."

"Oh, naps are good." She moaned as she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling his face closer to hers.

"How's our son?" He asked, his voice raspy, wanting her so bad.

"Over at Jimmy's. He's going to the movies with Jimmy and his parents." She answered as she gently played with the hair at the back of his neck.

"God, Buffy you make me want you so bad." He cooed as he leaned down to nuzzle her neck.

"Same here, baby." She sighed, tilting her head to give his lips better access.

"Your dad is going to be here in an hour to go over his book." Spike explained as he started to steer her toward his office with his body.

"Oh, then we have time for more then a quickie." She giggled, thinking of how he was going to take the news she needed to share with him.

Spike's laugh rang through the bookstore as he picked up his wife, carrying her into his office. She was everything to him and every time he had the chance, he let her know. When she was forty, fifty, or a hundred years old he would never get tired of showing her how much he loved her.

Downstairs their daughters, Anne Nicole, named after his mother, and Lauren Joy, named after Lorne and Joyce, lay sleeping. When he'd asked Willow about running the daycare, she'd jumped at the chance. It all worked out perfect; he sold books, worked at editing for others on the side, and had access to his daughters whenever he wanted to see them.

Once he had her in his office and against his desk, he whispered, "I love you, baby." Slipping his hands under her skirt and relieving her of her panties, while Buffy brought her hands to the front of his pants and started to unfasten them saying, "I know."

They fit together as if they were a matching set, knowing exactly what the other needed. Soft moans and whispers were heard about the room as they danced, their special dance. Making music that only they could make. All to soon it was over, leaving them both content and yet craving more. Never would it be enough, or grow too stale to enjoy.

"I love you." Buffy whispered in his ear, now fully dressed again, snuggling on his lap.

"I know, baby." He replied as his hand gently stroked her back as he held her close.

"I have a surprise for you." She said as she leaned back to watch his reaction to her news.

"Do you now? You know I love surprises." He looked up at her with a boyish grin on his face.

"You're going to like this one best of all." She teased, as her finger traced his lips.

"Then you best tell me." He urged.

"Any preferences?" She asked coyly, as she watched his eyes.

"Preferences for what, Kitten?" He asked, confused at her question.

"Boy or girl?" She asked, watching as her meaning finally hit him.

"A baby, you're going to have baby?" He asked, as his eyes grew big and his hand moved to cup her lower abdomen.

"Yeah!" She said, feeling all teary eyed, seeing his tears start to fall.

"From the beginning, I'm here, this time, to witness it all." With his face buried in her chest as he cried, his voice was barely audible.

Buffy held him tight against her, letting him cry. She knew he'd be emotional about this, for he'd never forgiven himself for not being there during most of her pregnancy with the twins.

He leaned back, as he gazed up at her with a look of happiness and awe, "I will be here to see it all. Watch the life we created grow inside you, pamper you, and tell you how beautiful you are every day."

"I'm just glad I will have you here to go and get my pizza with pineapples and anchovies." She teased, finding it hard not to laugh at the face he made.

"I don't have to watch you eat it, will I?" He asked, with some trepidation, not sure he'd be able to do that without losing his lunch and dinner.

"No, I wouldn't make you do that." She assured him, feeling loved and cared for as his hand rubbed her tummy lovingly.

Spike shifted around so he could set her on his desk. Making him eye level with her presently flat, abdomen. Leaning forward he said, "All I ask for is 10 fingers, 10 toes, and cute little nose, with a perfect little lips. Be you a boy or a girl you will be welcomed and loved as your brother and sisters before you.

"Talking about sisters, should we go and check on the little imps." Buffy said, feeling the need to see her daughters.

"Yeah, let's go." He agreed as he stood up and helped her off the desk pulling her flush against him gazing at her with all the love he had pouring from his eyes. "You and our kids are my world."

"Ditto, honey." She replied as her hand cupped his cheek. "Feel like closing shop and going with me to my mom's to tell her and Giles, after we tell Dad."

"Great plan." He replied as he leaned into her touch.

"Come on you big softy." She encouraged as she took his hand to lead him out of office.

"Hey, I'm still the big bad, just with a little more feeling now." He pretended to be affronted at her calling him a softy.

"To everyone else you can be, for me you are one big fluffy puppy." She teased him, her heart racing as he growled, "Later on I'll show you fluffy puppy."

"Oh, I'm counting on that mister." She turned to say, stopping and plastering herself up against him. "If you don't know this, then take notes. You and the kids are my world, and I will never let you forget it."

"I won't forget, Kitten." He purred as he leaned down, gently kissing her lips, "Now, let's go see if our imps are awake. If so we can make them presentable for public viewing."

"Spike, what have they done?" She asked, suspicious of his comment.

"Well, Kitten, they think themselves artists." He tried to explain, "The only problem is they have to learn they are not the canvas."

"Oh, they were doing each other's portraits again." Buffy giggled, "I swear if I had not given birth to them I would think they belonged to my mother."

Spike tried but couldn't help himself when he replied, "Well, they do say it skips a generation."

"Are you implying I have no talents?" She asked, giving him a playful glare.

"No, baby, you have talents too. Just not the artistic kind like your Mum, is all." He said with a wink and a pat on her behind. "Yours lie in working with the kiddies."

"Good save there, bucko." She said feeling a warm feeling at seeing her girls playing with their toys.

"Beautiful, just like their Mum." He whispered, "I was wrong love, when it comes to making beautiful children, no talent can compare."

"I can't take all the credit. I had some help you know." She said as she watched her two little miracles play.

Annie had her father's eyes, deep blue and her natural dark brown hair. Lauren, had her green eyes, she her father's natural light brown hair, and just as curly. Soon they would turn three years old, just one year younger then Nigel was when they were born.

"Wait until we tell Nigel. His wish for a baby brother just might come true." Spike chuckled, "good thing we already got the where babies come from and how their born taken care of. The girls are too young to ask."

"So you say. I bet one of them ask the question, 'where do babies come from?'" Buffy snorted.

"You get the girls together, I'll go see if your dad's arrived."

"Okay, meet you upstairs in a few." She agreed, wondering if she should tell Willow the good news.

As if reading her mind he bent down to whisper in her ear, "We'll them together at dinner tomorrow."

"I really do wish you'd stop doing that." She huffed, hating it when he knew what she was thinking.

"Wish the same when you do it to me." He replied, giving her a wink as he turned to go back upstairs.

She turned her attention back to getting the girls ready to leave. Both girls were happy to see their mommy, jumping up and wanting kisses and hugs. After getting everything together she waved over at Willow, who was reading a story to a few of the other children before she left with her daughters.

Reflecting on how everything had worked out for the best, she couldn't wait to join her husband and tell everyone the great news. There was going to be one more Bledsoe added to the mix. One day she would have to sit down and write down their story so they would know just how much their Daddy loved them.

Thinking to herself a great title being, "Babies Daddy."

The End.