Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for not updating this story in a while. Here it is! Enjoy!
Chapter 3 – William the Bloody Poet



William stood shocked and hurt at having been called his newly acquired nickname. He had only found out about it earlier. It had been the reason he had been walking about so late at night. The cause to why he bumped into this strange creature in front of him. “M-may I in-inquire as to h-how you know me by that name?” he asked, stammering lightly.

“Oh! I am so sorry. I totally forgot that you don’t like that name. Please forgive me, it’s just, I’m little freaked out,” she stated, reaching out for him to comfort him. He pulled back causing her to bring her hand back to her chest and look down at her shoes. She was in the 1800s with a not so dead Spike wearing clothes that probably seemed very inappropriate. She could only hope that Spike had gone to Giles and told him so she could get out of there.

“It is quiet fine. N-no fault.” She looked up to see him looking at her with a small smile and found herself smiling also. It was cute, seeing Spike stammer. She had always pictured him as a bad boy right out of the cradle but it turns out he was not one at all. “What does freaked out mean?”

“Oh! I’m frightened, it means I’m scared.”

“Of what? That man? Did he hurt you?” he asked, becoming defensive immediately at the thought of this beautiful woman in front of him being hurt.

“Not really. I just sprained my ankle is all, do you have any ice, it should keep the swelling down,” she asked, holding out her ankle as she leaned against the railing of the staircase which was situated in the florae.

“Yes, of course. I’ll have Madeline set up a room for you and I’ll send up some dresses also. Come into the drawing room and sit. I’ll get the ice myself,” he stated, offering his arm which she took happily. He led her into the drawing room, helping her sit on the couch before standing. “Would you like anything to read, or would you like some needlepoint? My mother keeps some around here somewhere.”

“William?” called an older feminine voice. “Are you home, my son?” William stopped searching for the needlepoint and stood straight.

“Yes, mother. I’m home,” he called only to find her walking into the drawing room, leaning on a wooden cane for support. “Mother! What are you doing out of bed? You should be resting, not walking around the house!” he chastise, coming to his mother’s side immediately, holding her up. But his mother took no notice to him, only starred at Buffy who sat somewhat unsure of what to do.

“Why child, are you hurt?” she asked, making her way over to the couch, leaving William standing in the archway as his mother took her seat next to Buffy. “What happened to your ankle?”

“I tripped and sprained it. It’s nothing really,” Buffy stated softly.

“What were you doing outside at this time, a young lady should never be about at night without a gentlemanly escort and what are you wearing?” Buffy opened her mouth to answer but William’s mother cut her off with the wave of her old hand. “Never mind that child, I shall have Madeline prepare a room for you and I’ll have William send for some new dresses. We shall have to get your measurements. You’ll also need a warm bath. Where’s Madeline? William, fetch Madeline for me and get some ice. That will take the swelling down nicely.” Buffy smiled at the woman in front of her. William only stood shocked somewhat as he starred at the two women in front of him. “Well, I know you’re not deaf William. Do hurry, Ms-“

“Buffy. Buffy Summers”

“Ms Summers is in pain, now scoot!” William nodded, bowing curtly before disappearing, leaving Buffy alone with the kind old woman who reminded her much of her grandmother back in Sunnydale. “Tell me Ms Summers, how did you meet my son?”

“I kind of ran into him actually.”

“Oh! Well, no matter. You’re safe now. If I may ask, where are you from? You do not look like or sound like you are from England at all.” Buffy shook her head, pulling at her shirt as she did.

“I’m from Sunnydale, California,” she stated with a small smile as she began to wonder how she would get back to Sunnydale, let alone the same timeline.

“Oh, you’re from the states! I would love William to go there and learn about the colonies. He so needs to communicate with people from other countries. I have heard that it is beautiful over there, lush with green lands. I wish I could see them for myself but my health and old age has kept me here instead. I just so do hope that my sweet William will get the chance to see it.” Buffy smiled thinking to Spike who had been standing there on Giles’s front porch.

“I’m sure he will,” she commented with a smile. It was now that William returned with ice. He made his way over silently, bending down on one knee as he propped her foot up on his other knee. He then slipped off her shoe and socks, gently pressing the tender flesh.

“Does this hurt,” he asked softly. Buffy nodded with a hiss of pain causing William to nod himself. He then placed the damp towel of ice on her ankle, smiling softly when he was rewarded with her sigh of pleasure. “Madeline is drawing your bath right now. Your room is right next to mine. Mother’s is down the hall,” he stated as he made small conversation in which Buffy only nodded.

“Well, now that this is settled, I shall retire to my bed room. Be sure that you both do the same too. I shall see you again in the morning. Good night children.” She patted Buffy’s hand with a smile, before standing up and placing a gentle kiss atop William’s head before making her way back up the stairs to her room.

“Your mother is really sweet,” Buffy said with a smile. William looked up at her smiling as he gently caressed her swollen ankle. For how long they stared at each other went unnoticed, both comfortable in the silence.

“Mr. Crawford, the bath is ready.” William looked down, breaking the gaze as he stood.

“Thank you Madeline. You’re free to do what you like,” he stated as he turned to face her. She curtsied, offering thanks before retreating to her room. William then turned towards Buffy, offering his arm to help her up the stairs.




Spike swallowed the last of the burning liquid as he sat alone. Not only was he dieing, but now the slayer was ruining his human life. “She couldn’t just stake me and end my misery. No. Se had to go back in time and screw up my past life too!” he grumbled to himself. The scoobies had returned to their rightful homes with Giles up in bed asleep.

He already was uncovering memories of the slayer from years before. Already remembering what he had felt for her and as predicted, William was falling for her. It hurt because he knew that she would leave his human half to return here. He knew that if William kept falling for her, he was going to crush his all too fragile heart.




The water was cool against her sore flesh as she soaked in the tub, her hair pulled back in a messy bun to keep from getting wet. She sighed, closing her eyes as she tried to think of anything but the man in the next room, whom she could hear pacing about. The memories of his lips – Spike’s lips – on hers were fresh in her mind. Not to mention the numerous dreams she had had, him being the main guest star and not her boyfriend Riley.

She opened her eyes, lifting up her head to find her skin beginning to prune. She cringed, standing up in the tub as she gathered her towel. She wrapped the warm cotton towel around her, stepping onto the thin mat with her bare wet feet. The door creaked open, showing Madeline’s soft, round face. “Are you done with the bath Ms. Summers?”

“Yes Madeline and please call me Buffy. You make me sound as old as my mom,” she stated with a smile. Madeline nodded, calling in two other maids to remove the tub.

“Your night dressing is in the closet along with a day dress for tomorrow. Sleep well, ma’am.”

“You too.” With that, the bath, maids, and Madeline were gone leaving Buffy alone. She padded over to the closet, pulling out a soft cotton shirt that smelled of wax and ink. In the collar were engraved William’s initials. A smile graced her lips as she pulled the fabric over her head. The shirt fell down past her knees, the sleeves much longer. A small giggle passed her lips as she thought of how Spike would react if he knew she was wearing one of his shirts.

A yawn came upon her unexpectedly. She looked at the clock in the room, finding that it was only ten but back at home, it would’ve been close to eight in the morning. The pacing in the next room had stopped a few minuets ago and she could hear the light snoring coming from the room. With a smile, she crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep.

TBC