Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the great reviews! I must add that there are only 7 chapters... so 2 more to go.

This chapter skips around a lot from Giles and Ethan to Spike, Buffy and Drusilla. I hope you enjoy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Chapter 5

Giles slowly walked around Ethan who was lying on the floor, beaten and tired.

Ethan chuckled despite his injuries, “And you said the Ripper was long gone.”

“Tell me how to stop the spell,” Giles ordered.

“Say ‘pretty please’.” Unhappy with that response Giles kicked him in the kidney.

~*~*~

Spike and Buffy entered the nook where Willow, soldier-Xander and Angel were cornered in. The monsters held Soldier-Xander and Angel to the side, their primitive beings easily able to outsmart the two.

“Look at what I found,” Spike smirked at Angel, “She was shaking. Terrified. Alone. Lost little lamb.”

Buffy moaned in ecstasy when Spike tongue licked her neck. Her knees threatened to give out from lust if Spike didn’t hold her close to his body, rubbing his erection against her.

“I love it,” he smiled against her throat. “So willing to be mine.”

Angel struggled with the two monsters holding him; calling out, “Buffy!”

Spike pushed her forward, but grabbed onto her arm so she would spin back to him. “Isn’t that right, love?”

She nuzzled his hand when it cupped her cheek. Buffy tilted her head to the side, giving him full reign.

~*~*~

Ethan rolled over in pain as Giles’ foot kicked his torso again.

“Now, tell me how to stop the spell.”

“Janus,” Ethan gasped. “Break its statue.”

Quickly Giles went over to the statue and lifted it over his head.

~*~*~

Soldier-Xander broke free of his captors and shoved them away. Spike growled against Buffy neck, his cool breath enticing Goosebumps to appear on her neck.

Soldier-Xander turned his attention towards the couple embraced in the middle of the room.

Willow yelled, “Now that guy you can shoot!”

Xander bent down to retrieve his weapon.

~*~*~

Giles threw the statue to the floor, smashing the two faces into tiny pieces.

~*~*~

Xander stood up, aiming his gun when he looked down. It was a toy.

“What the?” he questioned.

The monsters turned back to children and other high school students. Scared, the children cried out, bringing attention on to them. “I'm scared! I want my mommy!”

Spike looked up from his place against Buffy’s neck, enjoying the smell of fear from the others when he noticed the shift of atmosphere. Buffy stumbled back, still in her vampire visage.

Angel stepped forward, ready to fight Spike, only to notice that the spell did not change Buffy. Noticing the other Vampire heading towards her Sire, Buffy leapt into action.

She punched Angel in the torso and then in the face, pushing him away from Spike’s position. Angel tripped against a set of stairs on wheels. Angel tripped and grabbed a length of pipe, trying to defend himself when Buffy grabbed it out of his hands and throwing his body across the room into some crates. She used the pipe to hit his chin and stab him in the stomach.

Angel groaned in pain as he watched his love in demonic face beat the crap out of him. “Buffy?”

Buffy pulled the pipe back and swiped him under the chin once again, causing his bludgeoned body to slide to the floor.

Spike grabbed her waist and lifted her off of Angel, amazed that she didn’t shift back into the Slayer. “Time to go, pigeon!”

~*~*~

Giles looked down to see Ethan gone.

~*~*~

Buffy dropped the pipe and escaped with Spike.

“Buffy,” Xander cried.

“Oh my god!” Willow coughed from under her sheet. “She didn’t change back.”

“I remember, Cordelia!” Xander cried again, the Cheerleader was dead.

“You remember?” Angel asked from his position on the floor.

“It was way creepy. It's like I was there, but I couldn't get out.”

“She didn’t change,” Willow muttered.

Xander looked around at the sniveling children, “I guess we better get them back to their parents.”

“Yeah…” Willow agreed as she took off her sheet. Self conscious, she was about to put the sheet back on. Shaking her head she threw the sheet on the floor. “I think we need to talk to Giles.

~*~*~

Giles walked into the library, tired and in desperate need of a stiff drink.

“Giles!” Willow sighed. “Thank goodness you are here.”

“Willow, I see you are,” Giles stopped to clean his glasses, “solidified. Xander.”

Xander nodded his greeting, “Back to normal, Sir… I’m sorry. Still feeling like a soldier.”

“Ah, I see.” Giles sat down at the large research table.

“I suspect Buffy is out patrolling for any demon that got loose tonight?”

“Well,” Willow exchanged glances with Xander. “Not exactly.”

“Is she home?”

“No.” Willow winced.

“Well, where is she?” Giles asked.

“She-didn’t-change-back-when-everyone-else-changed-back-and-is-still-a-vampire.”

“Oh, I see… wait, what?” Giles roared.

“She’s still a Vampire, I don’t know how.”

“No, no, it can’t, she’s can’t. I smashed that bloody statue.”

“Trust me, G-Man. She’s all Vampire and making not so nice with the Bleached Bloodsucker.”

“Spike?” Giles held his head in his hands. “What… what do you mean she’s all Vampire?”

“She,” Willow spoke when Xander couldn’t. “She killed Cordelia.”

“She killed…” Giles lost his voice as tears filled his eyes. “Please, it can’t be.”

~*~*~

“Where are we going?” Vampire-Buffy asked from her spot curled under Spike’s arm as they walked down a deserted road.

“Home, sweets. We’ve got a nice cozy lair in a factory down here. Me and Dru… SHIT! Drusilla.”

“Drusilla?” Buffy stepped from underneath his arm.

Spike didn’t pay attention to her desertion. “She knew. I can’t believe the bloody bint knew and was trying to tell me. Sodding crazy…”

“Drusilla?” Buffy stood a few feet away and watched Spike pace back and forth as he ranted.

“She said I obsessed. I told her I would kill you,” Spike pointed his finger in Buffy’s direction. Buffy stepped further away from him when she thought Spike would follow through with his threat. “Told me you were coming,” he paused, his face shifting back to its human form, his eyes thoughtful.

Buffy stood still, a pout forming on her lips, “Oh, don’t do that, baby,” Spike stepped forward. Buffy watched as her came closer, just stopping inches from her. His finger traced her bottom lip as he whispered, “Pouty, I’m going to get that lip.”

Buffy ducked her head when he whispered to her. She looked into his eyes and saw no malice towards her. “Drusilla?”

“My Sire.” Spike said and stepped back, his hand falling to his side. “Crazy clairvoyant. Hell, all of them are crazy, but she’s a step above. She told me to come get you.”

“You love her?”

“Well, yeah” Spike shrugged. “She’s the face of my salvation. Been together a little over a hundred years.”

“Oh.”

“Look, I didn’t know.” Spike explained. “Half the time she’s naming the stars during the day. When she said… I didn’t think I would feel this way.”

“What way?”

“This way,” Spike lightly cupped Buffy’s face in his hands and started to kiss her.

She moaned when she felt his cool, wet tongue lick her lips, asking for permission. Opening her mouth, she returned his kiss with equal fervor. His hands moved down her body, past her shoulders to stop at her breasts. He cupped her mounds in each hand, working his fingers against her nipples. Buffy’s hands moved down his torso to settle against his waist. Her hands traveled along the top of his jeans, tickling him as she went.

Spike heard one of his minions approach and broke away from the endless kiss. “What?” he snapped his head to the side so Buffy knew he wasn’t talking to her.

“The Mistress… she’s asking for you.”

Spike looked into the night sky to see the midnight blue started to turn lighter. He sighed and rested his forehead against on Buffy’s. “Has she eaten?”

“She refuses.”

“Bugger,” Spike cursed. “We’re coming in.” Spike glanced at Buffy, “Don’t worry. You’re mine. Nothing will change it.”

“Mm, kay.” Buffy muttered. Suddenly Buffy stepped back, her memory back in full force. “Spike?”

Spike stopped walking into the factory when he heard her, knowing that his Childe was different now. He slowly turned around, slipping in his vampire guise. “Slayer, can’t say I’m glad to see you back.”

“I’m a Vampire,” her hands felt her forehead and teeth, tears in her eyes. “I’m a Vampire?”

“None of that,” Spike chided her and took her hands in his. “You going to stake me if I let your hands go?”

Buffy shook her head, but stayed silent. Spike cursed the magicks that surrounded them. He closed his eyes and kissed her forehead, stalling for time. He felt Buffy shake underneath his lips, her emotion bubbling inside her. “How?”

“Do you remember anything?” Spike wrapped her arms around her, holding her. He made a movement to the watching minion to leave them.

“I,” Buffy’s voice faltered. “Not sure. A bit. Something with a soldier and a cat.”

“You were hunting your friends, Slayer,” he whispered and noticed that she didn’t stiffen.

“I killed Cordelia,” Buffy spoke evenly.

“That you did, Cat Woman didn’t have as many lives as she thought. You upset?”

“I should.” Buffy pulled away from his embrace and smiled, “But I’m not.”

“That’s my girl,” Spike smiled and pulled her closer. Buffy nuzzled his chest as she enjoyed the feeling of belonging and wanted. Spike’s voice wavered as he asked, “You still are, right?”

“Looking to get rid of your newest Childe already?” She looked up at his face, a bit surprised to see the intense look of longing on his face.

He shook his head slowly and bit his lower lip, “My one and only Childe.”

Buffy’s mouth opened to say something when she felt Spike stiffen, his gaze off toward the building. “Spike, come bring her in before you catch your death.”

“Drusilla,” Buffy breathed. Standing only a few feet away stood Drusilla in a champagne colored nightgown, her skin almost translucent under the moon. Buffy envied the way her hair shimmered across her shoulders and curled at the ends. She watched as the crazy Vampire turned around and walked unsteadily back to the building.

Spike stepped away and grabbed Buffy’s hand, intent on following his Sire.