Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you all for the reviews..... here is part 6/7
Chapter 6

Giles shuffled into his office and closed the door. He fell into his chair and cradled his head in the palms of his hands, his glasses long forgotten as tears poured out of his eyes. He just found the answer to his query, in black and white.

He knew what he had to do, what to say, but he couldn’t make himself do it. Instead he decided that he needed to grieve, to come to terms that his Vampire Slayer was no longer. In her place stood something greater, something truer…

~*~*~

“Come sit, have tea.” Drusilla collapsed on a chair, her frail body barely managing the walk back inside. She knew that Spike would catch her, would take care of her, but she also knew that now he had someone else to take care of.

Spike led Buffy to a chair next to Drusilla and seated her. Buffy sat stiffly in her chair, unable to relax around Drusilla.

“Relax, my dear. Spike, be a darling and bring us someone to drink. I smell Granddaughter has already had a birdie, but she needs to keep up her strength.” Spike reluctantly left the room. “Now, that he’s gone,” Drusilla’s voice was as soft as the wind, causing Buffy to lean into her. “You’ll take care of him, won’t you?”

“Yes,” Buffy whispered back.

“He’ll take wonderful care of you.” Drusilla smiled. “Just don’t pluck too many birdies from the trees; the vultures tend to get snippy if you do.”

“Huh?” Buffy shook her head as she watched Drusilla weave her hands in the air; it reminded her of those snakes charmers and snakes in the baskets. Her long fingers sliced through the air so elegantly. “Check, don’t take too many birdies.”

“Yes,” Drusilla announced as Spike came back into the room, two minions behind him dragging two humans. She clapped and stood up. “Bring them here so Granddaughter can choose.”

Buffy watched as the tow humans cowered before her, something inside her whispered that killing them, the innocent, was wrong, but she quickly dismissed the idea. No more rules of right and wrong, no more expiration date. She was free now.

Buffy looked up to see both Spike and Drusilla watching her, her faced shifted as she looked upon one of her former classmates, “Hiya, Jonathon! I’m going to eat you now.”

The older Vampires smiled as they watched the newest member bite down on the neck of her former classmate. “Too bad,” Drusilla sighed. “No more troika, lost his chance to star in the Matrix.”

“What’s that?” Spike asked as he wrapped his arms around her, cuddling her.

“Nothing,” Drusilla looked up at Spike, her eyes glassy. “It’s time, Spike.”

“Time?”

“Yes, time.” Drusilla nodded eagerly. She looked back at Buffy and smiled, she held out her arms for the young fledgling, “Come here dear.”

Buffy glanced up at Spike and noticed the look of his surprise. She walked slowly towards the couple. She tried to determine if Drusilla meant malice, but saw none.

Drusilla hugged her and petted her hair. “Time for Grand Mummy to eat,” she giggled and then pierced Buffy’s flesh with her fangs.

~*~*~

“So what’s the what, G-man?” Xander hopped on top of a table, eating a donut, oblivious to the older man’s grief.

“No good, I’m afraid.” Giles took his glasses off and cleaned them with his handkerchief.

“Giles?” Willow looked at him carefully. “Please don’t say that. We have to be able to change her back, I mean we’re all are back to our regular selves.”

“Yes, well.” Giles bit the inside of his cheek. “It appears that if she willingly exchanged blood with a Vampire… well, she’s not coming back.”

“What?” Xander yelled. “No, there was no exchanging of blood.”

“We don’t know that!” Willow yelled back, “She was with Spike, at it looked… well it didn’t look like she was protesting much. I saw the bite marks on her neck!”

“So, that doesn’t mean she bit… I mean she wouldn’t, it’s Buffy!”

“No,” Giles stood up, his face drawn. “It wasn’t Buffy, not then and not now.”

“So he turned her while she was turned?” Willow asked quietly.

“Not a conventional turning.” Giles paused in thought. “It really has to do with the Slayer. If it was you or Xander… nothing would have…”

“The Slayer?”

“Yes, see. The Slayer was originally a demon,” Giles stuttered, suddenly his grief took over. “The spell allowed that demon to wake up.”

“The Slayer is a Vampire?” Willow asked, curiously.

“No, no. But something… similar.”

“So what do we do?” Xander stood up.

“You do nothing,” Giles warned. “There is nothing you can do”

“We have to do something!” Willow said. “I mean she’s out there, with Spike. She didn’t even know who we were. Maybe she’s gotten her memories back…”

“She’s already killed, Willow. There is no going back.” Giles reminded her.

“So we are supposed to put Buffy down like a rabid dog?” Xander asked.

“No, the Council does.” Giles answered.

~*~*~

Drusilla licked her lips clean as she pulled reluctantly away from Buffy’s neck. Spike held onto Buffy steadying her as she recovered from Drusilla’s bite.

“Yum! Thank you, Grand Childe. I’m sure Daddy would appreciate it, too.”

Spike licked Buffy’s neck, staving the flow of blood from the wounds. “Daddy? Oh don’t tell me you’re going to Angelus?”

“Shh,” Drusilla twirled around. “Not really my daddy, but the other one. He’s so sad that our little miss is no longer his. I’m going to go cheer him up!”

Buffy finally came out of her light stupor. “What happened?”

Spike picked her up in his arms and carried her over to the table. He sat her down on top of it and grabbed the second human. “Here, eat this.”

Buffy growled and sank her teeth into the other human, thankful that her body was being replenished. She purred with pleasure as she dropped the dead body on the floor and cleaned the blood off of her cheek. “What’s going on?”

Spike smirked at his Childe and then back at his dancing Sire. “Looks like Miss Edith has been telling tales out of school, isn’t that so, Dru?”

Drusilla stopped spinning and nodded excitedly. “She did, don’t be cross, my Spike,” Drusilla slinked closer to Spike and brought her hand up to cup his face. Buffy growled low in her throat, only to be rebuffed when Spike growled back. “This is the way it should be.”

“Drusilla, you know how I feel about…” Spike paused in understanding and looked over at Buffy. “So it’s a trade?”

Drusilla nodded and stepped back, “Don’t worry, deary. Our Spike is not my destiny.”

Spike reached for Drusilla again, “Dru…?”

“Shh, take care of her, your Childe. For she is special.”

“That’s it then?” Spike wanted to hold her, kiss her, just one more time, but he knew deep down in his being that he couldn’t.

“Yes,” Drusilla walked towards the door. “I don’t have much time, almost sunrise.”

“Drusilla, wait until sunset. It can wait, he can wait.”

Drusilla cocked her head to the side as if listening to something whispering in her ear. “No, no, I’m afraid it can’t. I must go. Daddy needs me.”

~*~*~

Drusilla stopped in front of Angel’s front door, her body slightly singed from the walk over. She smoothed down her dress and held the doll known as Miss Edith to her breast. “Hush, Miss Edith. We must be good girls to be with Daddy.”

She jumped back when she heard the door click open and Angel stood in front of her, “Drusilla…”

“Daddy!”

Angel blocked entry into his apartment. “What are you doing here?”

“I know you are sad, Daddy.” Drusilla touched his chest. “But Spike will take care of her.”

“I know.”

“He took such good care of me.”

Angel stepped closer, his eyes closing in pain, “I know.”

“And now you will take care of me.”

Angel’s eyes opened and he nodded, “Yes, Childe, I’ll take good care of you.”

~*~*~

Giles, Willow and Xander stood a few feet from the factory entrance, the sun shining in the sky. Willow checked her stakes and weapons once again, “Are you sure we should do this?”

“It’s this or the council.” Giles muttered.

Xander flicked his take in the air. “No prob. She’s a Vampire, Vampire’s bad, we kill bad things. Ergo we kill Buffy.”

Giles looked at Xander, “Did you just say ergo?”

“What? I can’t expand my vocabulary?”

Giles shook his head, “And said vocabulary. It must be the apocalypse.”

Willow bit her lip to keep from laughing at Xander’s indignant expression. “Fine, whatever. We’ll go in there and kill the bad guys, all right?”

“Very well.” Giles stood still, his eyes misting over.

~*~*~

Spike watched Buffy as she fell asleep. His eyes roamed over her nude body, her breasts were young and perky and her thighs strong. He moved out of the bed, walking naked across the small room.

He poured himself a glass of O-Neg blood and sipped on it. He purred in contentment, it was virgin. Glancing back at Buffy, Spike grabbed a pair of jeans and slipped them on. It was time to face the minions and let them know of the changes to the family.

Spike walked into the main area of the factory and stopped dead in his tracks, feeling the presence of three humans outside of the factory. Slowly, he walked over to the door and listened to their conversation.

He stepped away when he figured out what they were there for. Quickly running into the Minion’s rooms, he woke them. He then ran to Buffy, waking her up, “Come on, pet. You’re mates are out for your blood.”

“What?” Buffy vamped out.

“They’re outside, getting ready to attack.” Spike threw some clothes at her.

“God, those spiteful holier-than-thou…”

“Shh, remember you were one of them just twelve hours ago. Get dressed and come out. We’re going to have a party.”

“Will there be refreshments?” Buffy smiled evilly.

“You betcha!”

tbc...