Buffy entered into the playroom, calm, though she certainly wasn’t feeling that way. “Please tell me what just happened?”

“I had a powerful vision, but it’s a bit jumbled,” Fred spoke after a profound sigh, still holding her head. “It all happened so fast. I don’t think I can remember any of it.”

“Whatever you can remember…” Lorne crooned, helping Fred to her feet.

Fred shut her eyes, watching the scenes replay in her mind, this time at a slower pace. It was worse than she’d previously thought. “They’re dead…”

“Who’s dead, sugarplum?” Lorne asked, in his usual endearment.

Spike silently left, he didn’t think his daughter needed to hear the specifics at her age. He headed towards his bedroom and laid her down to sleep. He sung her a song that his mother used to sing to him and when he was finished, she was out like a light. He brushed a side of curl away from her pretty face and kissed her forehead before going back to the playroom.

The vampire hadn’t missed much. Fred was slowly taking her time explaining everything, so no one missed any of it. “The SIT’s, they’re dead.”

“Which ones? Where?” Buffy asked, worriedly.

Buffy had brought those girls into this world and she was responsible for their lives. If anymore of those girls die, it’ll be my fault. I gave them the power of the slayer.

“I’m not sure, Africa maybe…” replied Fred, glancing to Spike then Buffy. “It was kinda in the middle of no where…everything is just so fuzzy! I’m sorry!” Fred gave an apologetic look to Buffy and Spike.

“It’s ok. Whatever you can tell us, will be more than helpful,” encouraged Lorne.

“Anya and Xander…”whispered Buffy. Oh god! “What else?” she prompted.

“I can’t be sure, Buffy. All I saw was Xander and Anya were there one minute and the next were gone, but the SIT’s were all dead,” responded Fred quietly.

“Was it centralized in that location?” Spike wondered aloud.

“No! The rest disappeared too. It didn’t look like anything was there.”

“The rest who?” Buffy asked frantically.

Fred looked down, dejectedly. “I saw your sister, Dawn, Giles, a black man with another slayer, and then Willow .”

“Are they alive?” Spike needed reassurance as did Buffy.

Buffy moved closer to Spike. He draped his arm around her, pulling her close to him. They were thinking the same things: Where about Dawn? Is she alive? Of course the other people mattered, but Dawn mattered the most to them.

“I only sensed the death’s of the SIT’s in Africa , no one else!”

Relief washed over Spike and Buffy, but it didn’t mean their family was out of the woods yet. They had to track down whoever was doing this and stop them immediately.

“Fred and Lorne, will you stay with Bella?” Spike asked.

Lorne nodded. “Of course, we will.”

Spike shook the green demon’s hand. “Thanks mate. ‘Preciate it.”

“No problem, Spike. We’d do anything for that little girl.” Fred smiled weakly.

Spike and Buffy went to the bedroom, packed a bag, and headed off to the Hyperion in a hurry.

*****

Together, the couple walked into the hotel hand and hand. Spike and Buffy noticed the pretty decorations that had been hung because of the convention, but that didn’t stop them as they pushed their way through the throng of people and toward Angel’s office and knocked on the door.

The night manager answered, he’d been covering for the day manager.

“Where’s Angel?” Spike demanded.

“I can’t tell you that!” the young man answered.

Spike pushed the young man into the office. Buffy followed and shut the door behind her.

“Look, we need to know where Angel is. Is he upstairs in his suite? It’s kind of an emergency,” Buffy explained quickly.

When the manager didn’t answer, Spike released him and they made their way back through the crowd and up the stairs. When they reached the correct floor, they walked down the hall to Angel and Cordy’s suite and knocked on the door.

When no one answered, Spike banged again, this time relaying a bit of his impatience into the door. The couple heard Angel swearing on the other side and a few moments later, the door swung open. There stood a pissed off looking Angel, wrapped in a white sheet.

“I thought that I told you, I didn’t want to be disturb…Oh, it’s you. Hey Buffy. I take it things went well?” Angel smiled.

“Think ya could put on some clothes, peaches?” Spike raised his scared eyebrow.

“Oh hold on…” Angel said as he shut the door. Several minutes had passed and Angel had dressed in all black—shoes and everything. “Come in.” He stepped aside, allowing the couple to enter. “What do you need?”

“Angel…” Buffy began seriously. “We need your help.”

The vampire heard the tone in Buffy’s voice and sensed something was off. “What’s going on?” Angel asked. “Is Dawn ok?”

The Slayer shook her head. “I’m not sure what’s going on, but we’re gonna get to the bottom of it.”

“Tell me what happened…”Angel asked again.

“We really don’t have much time to explain Angel, but just know that everyone I care about is in danger. Fred saw it in a vision,” answered Buffy.

“We’re gonna need to borrow the Jet to investigate what happened,” Spike spoke after a moment. “And if ya got any weapons lying around, sure would appreciate the use of ‘em.”

The brunette vampire sighed. He had hoped his investigating days were over, but deep down, he knew it would never be over. “No problem. You’re gonna need back up. Meet you in the lobby in a few minutes.”

Spike and Buffy quietly left the room.

“What’s going on?” Cordy called from the other room.

Angel had walked over to the other side of the room, removed a painting off the wall revealing a safe and set it down in front of his dresser.

“Angel?”

“Fred’s had a vision…” Angel said as he began to turn the combination on his safe. “It’s pretty bad. Don’t know the extent of it, but I’m going as back up.” The door popped open and Angel reached in and removed a key.

“Are you sure about this?”

As he closed the door, Angel nodded.

“Ok, I’m ready.” Cordelia said as she walked out of the room, decked out in a plain pair of designer black jeans, a burgundy red tank and a black leather short coat.

The vampire walked around the bed and over to his wife, kissing her. “You’re not going anywhere.” Angel said as he grabbed his jacket out of the wardrobe.

“I am too.” Cordelia said following him out of the suite. He made two lefts and then a right, and stopped in front of a door marked ‘PRIVATE’, he turned to Cordelia. “Who is going to take care of Katherine?” He asked pulling out the key from his pocket and sliding it into the lock. He opened the door and switched on the light, grabbed a black duffle bag and began stuffing it with knives that were lying on the counter.

“I’m sure that Lorne and Fred can take care of her. She loves them to death, and Annabella as well. All I have to do is explain to her that we have very important things to do and she will be staying with them. Or they can all come here. Either way is fine. You can’t really expect me to let you go off fighting baddies all by your lonesome with Buffy and Spike, can you?”

All the while she had been repeating his actions she had moved to load a duffel of her own and fill it with ammunition and smaller weapons for her to yield. He proceeded to a glass cabinet, opened it and pulled out various sized swords and various other weapons, placing them in the bag—some he’d had for years, some came from Wolfram and Hart.
“You didn’t train me to use these things for nothing.” She added.

He turned to face her. His words dying in his throat as he watched her strap and hide weapons on various places of her body. “Fine, we’ll make a phone call and put everything in order.” He moved toward her again, his lips finding hers in a deep sensuous kiss. “You always make me hot when you play with guns and blades.” He grabbed her had and turned to haul her out of the room.

Prior to his leaving, Angel spotted something shinny in the corner of the room. He released her hand and made his way to it. He realized it was the weapon that Gunn always used, when fighting, he had forgotten all about it. He stared at it a moment, fondly remembering his fallen comrade. Cordelia came up behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder and kissing the side of his neck.

“Let’s go.” She whispered. He picked it up and placed it in the duffle back, and then they headed out, locking the door behind him.

They met Spike and Buffy in the lobby and went into his office. He made a few calls and within the hour, Katherine was safely ensconced at Spike’s house and they all headed to the airport. When they arrived there, the jet was fueled and ready for take off. Their flight plan: Chicago , Ohio , and then to Africa .