HE’S BACK…




Chapter 2:


Spike stared down, in complete shock, at Buffy. First he glared at her obviously swollen stomach, where her child was growing, daily. Then he stared into her beautiful green eyes that were so wide with terror and pain now.

“You’re lying,” he mumbled, his voice was raspy, strained from yelling just moments earlier. Spike searched Buffy’s eyes, looking for the tiniest spark of truth in the statement she’d just made.

“I’m not,” Buffy whispered, staring right back into Spike’s eyes. She had stopped crying, thank God, he noted, but her emerald orbs were still shiny and wet from her previous water works.

“I’m not lying, Spike,” Buffy murmered again, the exhaustion in her voice tugged at the vampire’s unbeating heart. Buffy must have been worn out, completely, by now.

‘She’s still slaying,’ Spike reminded himself with regret. He had followed her for three nights straight, noting that Harris, Willow and even that bloody ponce Giles accompanied his Slayer on those nights. This was why Spike hadn’t approached Buffy before this, because of those bloody losers with her. Spike was not ready to kill off his beloved’s friends just yet. That would come soon, though.

“Lying whore,” Spike hissed down at her, his normally human blue eyes were now bright yellow, like his demon’s.

“I’m not…” Buffy began to say when he cut her off with his next harsh words.

“Vampire, luv, remember?” Spike growled at her, but his words were tinged with sorrow. “Can’t get you pregs with dead sperm, now can I?” He finished with a sour smirk and pulled her body up to his.

Staring at her, still, straight in her eyes, the vampire asked again, roughly, “Whose?” He grimmaced at her, trying hard not to let his William personna show up and attempt to comfort her.

“Yours,” Buffy repeated softly, “I swear on Dawn’s life, the baby is yours, William.”

Spike swallowed hard and searched Buffy’s eyes again, finding no hint of lies or deceit in them. He scrunched his brows together and gently lay his Princess back down on the bed, then quickly collapsed next to her.

Lying on his side, Spike wrapped his right arm about her, protectively and pulled her against his own shaking body. Stunned when Buffy buried her head into his chest and began to sob softly, once again.

“I swear,” she whispered against his chest, “this baby is yours too. It is, Will,” she continued between sobs, “on my own life, I…”

“I believe you,” Spike replied in a raspy whisper as he began to stroke Buffy’s back with his hand. He pulled her chin up so he could look into her tear filled eyes again and was shocked to see the reflection of his love in them.

Leaning into her, with his mouth, Spike kissed Buffy tenderly on her swollen lips and snuggled her into him even more. He did believe her, totally, now. Buffy could never lie to him, she’d never been able to do that, since day one. Spike ‘knew’ she wasn’t lying to him now. As fantastic as this whole thing was? As impossible as it should be, Spike realized that Buffy and him were going to have a child together.

As the couple lay there, just holding onto each other, desperately, Spike allowed the phenomenal revelation to finally sink into his mind.

‘I’m a Dad,’ he thought to himself, the excitement began to grow in him and he felt tears in his own eyes. Within mere moments, Spike was so overwhelmed at this prospect, that he squeezed Buffy too tightly and she let out a little squeak of pain.

“I’m sorry, baby,” he began anxiously, “I’m sorry for squeezing you so…” Suddenly, Spike broke down and began to sob, words of apology sprang from his mouth, barely understandable.

“I’m sorry, Princess,” he sobbed uncontrollably, “sorry for everything. For that night, in your house, in your bathroom. I hurt you, but I was so hurt, so lost without you. Wanted you back, needed you. I love you so much, baby, love you, love you,” he began to chant as he cradled Buffy and rocked her to him.

“Shhh,” Buffy cooed, her own tears had stopped when his began, “it’s all right, William,” whispered, comfortingly. “I know you love me, have always loved me. I was just too stupid and proud to admit it back then. I can now. And I can admit that I love you too. You believe me, about everything, don’t you?”

Spike nodded and kissed Buffy’s forehead, then her mouth, then the tip of her funny little nose. He cuddled her up to him and held her as tight as he dared to. His mind and unbeating heart screamed to him ‘yours’ as he wiped the tears from first Buffy’s warm face, then his own.

‘She’s yours,’ he told himself, proudly. ‘Buffy and the baby, their mine, always will be mine.”

Finally, after they had calmed down, somewhat, Spike asked the inevitable question of ‘how’ this pregnancy had happened.

Buffy smiled, softly at him and quipped ‘the usual way, Will’ then giggled.

“That’s not what I meant, sweet,” Spike smiled at her, running his hand down her damp cheek. “I mean, how did ‘I’ father a child? Do the others know?” He asked, suddenly, unsure of the answer and a little confused, still.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered, averting her eyes from him. “They know, all of them. They know I’m pregnant, almost five months and that you’re the father.”

Spike saw the sorrow in Buffy’s eyes and it cut him to the core. “They hate the baby, don’t they?” he asked in a quiet voice.

“Yes,” Buffy answered honestly, with a loud, sad sigh. “Xander most of all, he tried to talk me into an abortion but…”

“I’ll kill him,” Spike hissed, his rage was beginning to overwhelm him again.

“No,” Buffy cried fearfully, “I didn’t listen, told him to butt out. Along with Willow and Dawn, too,” she added in a hushed tone. “They all wanted me to get rid of the baby, William.”

He noticed that she was using his given name an awful lot, but Spike didn’t mind. In fact, he liked it, that Buffy was seeing him in a ‘manly’ light, instead of just as a demon.

“Dawn too?” Spike asked, hurt that his ‘Bit’ had turned against him also.

“Yes,” Buffy sighed, her voice heavy with sorrow. “Xander gave ‘his’ version of that night, in my bathroom to Dawn. She hates you, and this child now. I’m sorry Will,” Buffy murmered and cuddled into him even more.

“I see,” Spike replied in a harsh, but controlled tone. ‘I really will rip that fuck’s head off,’ he assured himself as he pictured what he was going to do to Harris.

“Willow was in such a bad place, after Tara died and…” Buffy was again cut off by a stunned Spike.

“Glinda dead? What happened,” Spike asked with a sad gasp.

“That bastard, Warren killed her. Shot her, while trying to kill me. I was hit, but not so bad and…”

Again Spike interrupted his mate, “you were shot!” he bellowed and touched her tummy with his cool hand. “The baby?” he mumbled, his head began to hurt from the not knowing.

“Is our baby all right?” he asked his Buffy, clasping her to him, possessively.

“She’s fine, Will,” Buffy replied softly. “She’s going to be fine, and don’t worry,” Buffy giggled again, causing Spike to smile. “Our daughter is going to be one ‘hell’ of a human.” Buffy grinned up at her guy, all of the pent up love she’d held for so long just radiated off of her.

“A girl?” Spike whispered, giving his sweet love a quick peck on her mouth.

“Uh huh,” Buffy replied quickly. “A healthy, kick ass little girl,” she added with a wicked grin. “Thank God for sonar and modern technology, huh?”

“Yeah,” Spike whispered, trying not to cry again. That was just too damn unmanly for a master vampire.

“Willow?” Spike frowned briefly, “she’s against our baby too?”

“Willow got really bent, William,” Buffy sighed with a shake of her blond head. “Went off the deep end after Tara died. She, Willow, turned all dark and evil, like the bad witch from Wizard of Oz. Took out Warren Meers and ran his buddies, Johnathan and Andrew off. Last I heard they were in Mexico. Good riddance, I say,” Buffy finished with a snort.

“And now?” Spike asked.

“Willow’s better, but she’s still bitter, like Xander and Dawn. Only Giles is on our side, mine and our daughter’s that is.” Buffy frowned, then smiled again quickly.

“Giles, he calls our daughter a miracle,” Buffy hummed as she snuggled back into her Will’s strong chest. “He says that our baby is a prophecy fullfilled. It was Giles, and Anya that talked me out of the abortion. They’re together now, Giles and Anya, as a couple. I’m glad for them.”

“Me too,” Spike said evenly. “Old Rupert went up a few notches in my book, standing by you and the baby. Good for him that he and the demon bitch are together.”

“Giles says that the baby is a fullfillment of the Powers that Be. They had a hand in this, don’t they always?” Buffy chuckled softly and then purred under her William’s soft hand.

Suddenly, Buffy flinched and pulled away from Spike, a new look of fear in her eyes.

“The Watcher’s Council,” she began, cautiously, “they know about me. About us and the baby.”

“How?” Spike asked, his anger beginning to rise. He felt the ‘warning’ signs show up and he was worried.

“Xander called them and told them,” Buffy mumbled. “Giles wouldn’t, so Xander did. He thought it was ‘his’ duty to warn them that a slayer and vampire were about to become parents together. Such a noble guy, huh?” She rolled her eyes and gave her child’s father a sarcastic look.

“And?” Spike growled, not even needing to hear Buffy’s response to his question.

“The council wants to be present when the baby is born. They’re going to lay claim to our child, Will,” she hissed, sadly. “They say that I’m their property, therefore this child is theirs’ too.”

“Like bloody fucking hell this baby is theirs’ the bloody pillocks!” Spike cried loudly. “They can kiss my undead arse if they think they’re going to take you or my child away from me!” He pulled Buffy closer to him, held her tight and nuzzled her warm golden head with his mouth.

“I know,” Buffy whispered, “they’ll never touch our child. I’ll kill them all before…”

“Buffy,” Spike murmered as he rolled her onto her back and lay on top of her. “Let me make love to you, please,” he whispered in a low, husky tone. “I’ve missed you so, love you so much, please.”

“Yes, make love to me, please William,” Buffy sighed in pleasure as she relented to her lover. “I’ve missed you too, and I do love, Will. I do.”

Spike began to kiss Buffy’s mouth, then her neck, gently. He undressed her slowly, and ran his tongue down to her breasts, then her swollen tummy, the house for his child. He could swear that he ‘heard’ his daughter speak to him. Spike ran his lips and tongue down Buffy’s tummy to her cunny and began to make love to her there.

“William,” Buffy gasped as he ran his cool tongue along her cunny lips, then latched onto her clit. “Please,” she whimpered in desperation.

“Please what?” he halted his ministrations and looked up at her.

“I need you in me, now, baby,” she sighed in blissful surrender. “Please be in me.”

Spike halted his activity and crawled up her body to position himself over his woman. He slid into Buffy, with his cock and began to thrust gently into her.

“That’s what I want,” Buffy moaned in pleasure, “make love to me Will. Never stop, please,” she groaned as she writhed underneath him.

“Never stop,” he repeated, “I’ll never stop making love to you, my sweet.” Spike began to thrust harder, careful not to hurt Buffy or their baby inside of her.

“It’s all I’ve ever wanted Buffy,” Spike murmered as he licked her neck with his cool tongue. “To make love to you, make you a part of me, totally. We belong to each other, you realize that now, don’t’ you?”

“Yes,” Buffy rasped as she began to push her hips up to meet his thrusts. “We belong to each other,” she repeated, mesmerized by his movements, the depths of his love for her. And her’s for him.

When they came together, Spike bit into Buffy’s sleek neck with a roar, using his human visage. Buffy screamed out her release and fell back onto the bed, completely exhausted.

Spike collapsed on top of his mate and slowly began to rotate his hips into Buffy’s. Drawing out the pleasure of their lovemaking for as long as he could.

Finally, he pulled out of Buffy and rolled onto his back, pulling her up on top of him. Buffy stretched out over his body, completely limp and sated. As he was.

The vampire ran his strong hands down his mate’s body, whispering sweet words into her ears. He felt his love begin to drift off into sleep.

“Stay,” he pleaded, quietly. “Can you stay?” he asked as he kissed her forehead and cheeks.

“Yes,” Buffy murmered, half asleep already. “I sent Dawn to my Dad’s, in LA. Just this morning. She’s going to school there, not here in Sunnydale.”

Spike felt his precious Princess cringe in emotional pain. “Dawn wants to be as far away from me as possible,” Buffy whispered, the sorrow in her voice nearly broke Spike’s heart. Nearly that is.

‘Mine,’ Spike thought to himself, smugly. ‘Buffy’s completely mine now,’ he grinned as he breathed in the sweet scent of her hair. ‘No one to bother us,’ he continued happily. ‘Just me and her. Except…’

Spike remembered the betrayal of Xander Harris, the pain he’d caused Buffy. Forget the witch, Willow, even Dawn, who was out of their lives forever, if they so wished. Even Anya and Giles were not problems. They had each other. But Harris? Spike was sure that the whelp would create havoc in Buffy’s and his unlife until the end of time. And Spike just could not have that, now could he?

Xander Harris had always lusted after his Buffy, Spike was well aware of that. He’d made a fool of himself over her, for years. It was time to end this charade forever and send the whelp away, permenantly. Buffy would want it, as Spike definitely wanted it.

Buffy was sound asleep, worn out and slightly snoring on top of Spike. The vampire smiled at the sound of his mate’s slumber.

“Sleep baby,” he purred as he rolled his beloved over and onto her back. “Sleep and dream, dream about ‘our’ future together,” he whispered into her warm ear. He watched in quiet delight as Buffy smiled in her sleep, but did not wake up.

‘So tired, my sweet,’ Spike grinned down at his lover. ‘Sleep well. I’ll be back before you wake, Princess,’ he assured her, silently. He kissed her soft lips, tenderly and watched her, making sure Buffy was sound asleep before he left their bed.



Spike pulled away from his soon to be bride and dressed quickly. He watched Buffy, lovingly, as he hurried up the steps of the ladder and out of the crypt. The sun had set and this was now Spike’s time. After he closed the crypt door behind him, Spike made sure it was ‘locked’ securely from the outside. Just in case his bride woke up too early and decided to leave.

Practically running, Spike headed to his Harley, parked on the outside of the cemetary. He started the bike and went in search of his prey, Xander Harris.

Spike found the construction company yard that Xander was now head of. He parked his Harley a block away from it and sauntered up the front gate of the yard.

With one, hard yank, Spike pulled the gate off of it’s hinges and stalked towards the darkened building that held the foreman’s office. The vampire grinned in satisfaction when he saw one lone light on in the building.

Spike stalked over the building, noticing the new Lexus parked outside of it. ‘A private parking place, Harris?’ Spike chuckled softly to himself. ‘Moved up in the world, haven’t you?’

When he looked into the window of the building, Spike saw Xander Harris talking on his cell phone. The ponce actually was wearing a suit, for God’s sake. Spike noted that the whelp looked as stupid as always, Armani or not.

“I don’t give a fuck who’s on strike,” Xander was screaming into the phone. “Hire scabs for all I care, but get some workers out to that job site. I’ve got my own problems Tito, take care of this. Now!” Xander clicked off the phone and tossed it onto his desk with a frustrated grunt.

“Moron,” Harris hissed as he opened his desk drawer and took out a bottle of Jack Daniels. The dark haired man took a long swig of the bottle and tossed it back into the drawer.

Because of his vampire hearing, Spike picked up Xander’s whispered words.

“I hope Buffy comes to her senses,” Xander mumbled, “and soon. When the Council takes the spawn of Satan from her, I’m going to make my move. Take Buffy and get the fuck out of this town. She’ll thank me for it,” Xander assured himself. “Buffy’ll realize, finally, that I’m the long haul guy. Not some undead, bleached blond Billy Idol wanna’ be.”

Xander leaned back in his chair and grinned up at the ceiling. “Can’t wait to fuck…”

“Fuck who?” Spike asked as he stepped into Xander’s office. “Just who are you going to fuck, whelp?” he smirked at the shocked look on the dark haired ponce’s face.

“Yourself?” Spike chuckled as he closed the gap between himself and Xander’s desk.

Xander, to Spike’s delight, anxiously glanced about the office, probably looking for some escape from the master vampire.

“No way out,” Spike stated the obvious with a devilish gloat. “You’re trapped whelp,” he stated the even more obvious.

“You,” Xander stammered, anxiously, “you’re gone. You’re not supposed to be here. Not now, not ever. We…”

“We,” Spike hissed angrily, “did nothing,” he growled. “You,” he continued as he leaned over the desk and glared into Xander’s eyes. “You’ve done quite a lot, haven’t you boy?”

“Get out,” Xander hissed at Spike, pulling a cross from his desk. “Get the fuck out of my office and out of Buffy’s life.”

Spike laughed out loud at Xander’s pathetic attempt to ‘scare’ him off with a crucifix. Vampires were ‘afraid’ of crucifixes, of course, but not when the bearer of them was worse then the demons themselves.

“You’re pathetic attempts and running me off won’t work, Harris,” Spike hissed as he made his way around the desk and knocked the cross from Xander’s hand.

“Buffy,” Xander began, his brown eyes wide in terror, “she’ll hate you forever if you hurt me,” the boy whimpered.

Spike reached out and grasped Harris by his throat, then lifted him up off the ground.

“I doubt that, fuckface,” Spike growled up at Xander’s shocked face, in glee. “In fact,” Spike continued matter-of-factly, “I believe that my ‘wife’ will be more then happy to see you gone.”

Before Xander could utter a word, Spike choked the very life out of him. The fool hadn’t even put up a struggle before the vampire finished him off, with a quick snap of his stupid neck.

Without a second thought, Spike tossed Xander’s corpse back into his expensive ergonomic chair. He stopped at the door of the office and grinned at the dead body of his nemesis, “let’s just turn out the lights, huh?” he asked the dead man who stared, lifelessly at him. “California is in the middle of an engergy crises, again,” Spike clucked. “Wouldn’t do to waste wattage, eh whelp?”

Spike flicked off the lights and literally ran out to the street and his Harley. He sped home, to Buffy and their crypt, praying to all that was evil that she was still asleep.

He found her, sleeping still, on the bed where he left her. Her tiny right hand was flung over the spot that held their child, protectively, while her left hand was positioned under her head.

Spike stripped off his clothes and lay down by his lover, taking her gently into his arms. He peppered her face with soft kisses and stroked her naked form with his long, cool fingers.

“Hi,” Buffy whispered, her eyes barely opened to greet him. “Sorry,” she continued, guiltily, “I must’ve fallen asleep.”

“Yes, you did,” Spike whispered as he leaned in to kiss her lush mouth with his. “But I just loved watching you sleep, luv,” he added with a wink. “Can’t wait to watch you sleep forever,” he murmered.

“Forever?” Buffy asked, her eyes wide in puzzlement.

“Close your eyes,” Spike murmered softly as he positioned himself over her little warm body. As he kissed her lips, passionately, Spike pushed his cock into her welcoming cunny, gently.

“I love you, Buffy,” Spike groaned as he thrust into his lover. “I’ll always love you, for eternity. Do you love me?”

“Always,” Buffy breathed her answer as she accepted her lover’s pleasure within her.

Spike began to kiss and lick Buffy’s sweet neck while he pummelded into her body with his. He sucked, tenderly at her neck’s pulse point and then, suddenly, he bit into her, burying his fangs deep within her.

“Will,” Buffy cried out in hurt surprise. “Please, Will,” she continued to plead, her voice becoming weaker by the second.

“It’s for the best,” Spike mumbled as he sucked her life’s blood from her body. “We can only be together this way, baby,” his muffled words fell on deafening ears.

Spike drank from his bride until he felt her dear heart’s beating slow down then nearly stop. He licked her neck wound until the bleeding ceased and listened for the baby’s heart beat. The little tyke’s heart beat on, steadily and strongly, bringing a satisfied smile to Spike lips.

Biting his wrist with his own fangs, Spike fed his weakened Buffy his own blood. Noting that she drank from his wrist, greedily, Spike felt empowered beyond anything he’d ever known.

“Sleep,” he whispered as he bit down again onto Buffy’s neck and said the word ‘mine’ three times. He heard her reply with ‘yours’ then her own cry of ‘mine’ as he lay on top of his bride, and his childe.

For over twenty-four hours, Spike watched as his Buffy metamorphised into his vampire bride. He waited, patiently, as she slept and regenerated herself.

Finally, after what seemed like eons, Spike heard the words he’d waited to hear for years.

Buffy opened her emerald green and golden eyes. She grinned up at her handsome mate as he smiled, lovingly down at her.

“Husband,” Buffy cooed seductively at her Spike. Her savior.

“Hello my wife,” Spike purred down at the most beautiful creature he’d ever seen in his life, or unlife. Buffy was truly ‘his’ savior.

The new vampiress accepted her mate’s kiss and took him by his huge hand, with her tiny one. Placing their joined hands on her stomach, Buffy smiled softly and said, “ours” in whispered awe at the life still growing in her undead body.

“Ours,” Spike nodded and kissed the place on Buffy’s stomach, just above where he could feel their sleeping, unborn child.


A/N: Okay, that was a stretch, I know. But I always believed that Joss and ME meant for a Spuffy baby to be born, eventually. Maybe the rumors are true? Maybe, Dawn was their child from the future? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I might write an epilogue later. I need to finish up my other WIP’s. Thank you to anyone reading this and please review. Like I said, this was like my first fic that I ever wrote. Luv, Spuf