Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this. and buying the farfetched premise of it.
HE’S BACK…




Epilogue:

Summary: Sixty years have passed since Spike turned Buffy and they fled from Sunnydale.


The woman, with the silver streaked hair strode up to her front door, unassuming, as always. She looked through her peep hole and nearly fainted when she saw ‘who’ was standing there, on her front porch.

“Spike,” she gasped, unable to stop herself from unlocking and opening the front door. She eyed the sunglass wearing male in front of her. His shock of silver hair, his chiseled cheekbones? Even his black, leather duster, ensemble alerted the woman to just ‘who’ this person was.

“Spike?” the woman murmered, unsure as to how trusting she should be of this being in front of her. Then she remembered…it was still daylight out.

‘How could Spike, or William the Bloody, as he had once been known, stand in the daylight of Sunnydale? Even in sunglasses?”

“Wrong family member, Aunt Dawn,” the American accented male purred with a familiar smirk.

“Oh my God!” Dawn Summers-Crawford gasped in awe. “You’re the boy, my sister’s son?” She turned pale as a ghost and raised her hand to her mouth.

“True,” the handsome man on her porch chuckled. “Aren’t you going to ‘invite’ me in, Auntie?” He grinned at the woman, before removing his sunglasses to reveal the emerald green eyes beneath them.

Dawn stared into the eyes of her sister, Buffy Summers, from long ago. “Come in, boy,” she offered, weakly.

The strange ‘young’ man sauntered into the house that Dawn had shared with her husband, her late husband, Connor, for over fifty-five years.

“Sit down,” Dawn pointed at the plush sofa in the living room. The younger man grinned and plopped down on the inviting couch.

“Thanks,” he smiled at his elderly aunt, trying not to peruse her, too much, that is.

“What’s your name, nephew,” Dawn asked first, unsure how to address this… Well, this, whatever he was.

“Robert,” her nephew grunted, evenly, “my Dad’s middle name. When he was human. It was Robert.”

“I see,” Dawn nodded. “Can I get you anything? A drink? Water? Some refridgerated blood?” The old woman cackled, sarcastically.

“Nah, I’m fine,” the green-eyed replica of Dawn’s sister, Buffy’s lover grinned. Or at least he had her sister’s eyes, that is.

“Clem,” Dawn began, hesitantly, “your dad’s best friend, here in Sunnydale. He told us, after everything, back sixty years ago. Clem said that your Dad, Spike, that he turned my sister. Took her away and that ‘you’ were born. A year or so, afterwards?”

Dawn grimmaced, a sharp look of pain in her blue eyes. “Clem left Sunnydale for good. We, not any of us, ever heard from him again. I never knew,” Dawn continued with a sad sigh. “What exactly happened to my sister, Buffy. Or your Dad and you?”

“They headed overseas,” Robert replied, matter-of-factly. “Took up shop in Europe. Had me and went on to…”

The ‘youngster’ Dawn noticed smiled, wickedly. “Let’s just say they survived, as vampires, for a while anyway,” he chuckled.

“You can’t be all human, right?” Dawn asked, eyeing her nephew, suspiciously.

“Nope,” the male hybrid answered. “Would I look so damn good, after sixty years if I was?” He laughed, loudly, causing his still lovely Aunt to laugh with him.

“No,” Dawn almost giggled, reminding Robert of his own mother. “You wouldn’t look so damn good at all, eh?”

“I’m a ‘daywalker’ Aunt Dawn,” Robert informed her. “I can walk in the daylight, but I am my Father’s son. That’s why I wear glasses, for the day, that is. Oh,” he added quickly to assure his Aunt that she was safe. “I’ve never drank human blood, just like my folks, after a while anyway,” he smirked.

“So,” Dawn hummed, thoughtfully, “your Dad and Mom, they’re in Europe?”

Dawn flinched when she saw the sorrow in her newfound nephew’s green eyes.

“They’re gone,” Robert sighed, sadly. “About a year ago. Both of them,” he relayed with a heavy ‘unbeating’ heart.

“How?” Dawn murmered. Her blue eyes filled with regret.

“Mom and Dad,” Robert began, his green eyes filled with mischief. “They started kicking demon ass, about fifty or so years ago. Made quite the name for themselves, in the demon world over in the old country. Mom was out one night, by herself, against my Dad’s wishes,” he continued quietly.

“She’d come across a couple of really nasty vampires, ugly brutes, as Dad would call them. I don’t know why Mom went alone, this night, that is. But she did,” he looked so sad that Dawn took his cool hand in hers.

“Me and Dad,” Robert continued softly, “we came across them, Mom and the vampires, fighting. Too late,” he added with a sorrowful sigh.

“Oh God,” Dawn, gasped, her heart ached for her lost sister. “Buffy? She…”

“Gone,” Robert replied evenly, “along with Dad. After Mom was staked, by the fucking bastards? They ran off. Dad, he grieved over Mom’s ashes, until just before the sunrise. I told him that he needed to seek shelter,” Robert continued in a defensive tone. “Told him that Mom would want him safe.”

Robert shook his golden head, sadly, “he wouldn’t listen. Dad that is. Just before the sun’s rays covered us? Dad turned back to look at me, told me he loved me. But that he loved my Mom more. His ashes fell over my Mom’s and afterwards? I collected them, together and placed them in a golden box. Buried them in a holy place, just outside of London. They’re together, always, Aunt Dawn,” Robert’s lower lip trembled with emotion.

“Oh, Robert,” Dawn began to weep, softly and she held her nephew’s cool hand in hers.

“I went after the two fucks, sorry Aunt Dawn, that killed my Mom and caused my Dad his pain. Ripped them apart with my bare hands,” the young hybrid explained in a quiet voice.

“Good,” Dawn admonished her nephew with a sigh. “I just wish we’d known more, about your Mom and Dad that is. And you,” Dawn finished, sullenly.

“What about you? The others?” Robert asked, curiously.

“Well,” Dawn grunted, “I’m old, you can see that right?” She grinned at her handsome nephew, wickedly. “Had a good husband, but no children. I guess the Monks that made me decided to leave that little function out, eh?”

“Oh,” Robert nodded, aware, apparently, of what his mother had told him about the ‘Key’ that had been sent to save the world.

“Giles and Anya?” Dawn continued with a fond smile, “they went on to marry, finally. Had a couple of kids and all. About twenty years ago, Giles decided to finally retire, officially. He and Anya went on a world cruise. Dawn’s mouth contorted in pain and Robert kept silent, waiting for his Aunt to relay the information.

“Giles died, on the cruise,” Dawn grimmaced. “Anya returned to Sunnydale, right after, but she was never the same. Their kids, Elizabeth and Sammy? They tried to keep their Mom’s spirits up, but it was no use. Anya died, about fifteen years ago, a mere shell of the woman she’d been. The woman she’d been when she was with Rupert Giles that is.”

“I see,” Robert said, his eyes and mouth void of emotion.

“Willow,” Dawn scrunched her gray brows together, “she went on to open a Wicca studies group. Made a go of it, for a long, long time. She never really settled with a one time mate, though,” Dawn sighed. “I guess after Tara, it was never going to be the same.”

“About five years ago? Willow passed on, too,” Dawn shrugged, almost indifferently. “It’s the way of the human world, Robert.”

“About Xander,” Dawn continued, without missing a beat. “We always ‘knew’ that it was your Dad that killed him. No question there, but for whatever reason? We accepted it, no questions asked. Weird, huh?”

The old woman raised a gray brow at her nephew, perhaps hoping for some closure now.

Robert avoided the Xander Harris line of topic. Both of his parents had explained, years before, as to what and why had happened to the great betrayer ‘Xander’ Harris of Sunnydale.

“I have to go,” Robert stated simply, standing up to take his Aunt’s leave. “Before I do,” he smiled at the old woman, “I need to give you something my Mom gave me.”

Dawn stared, carefully, at the necklace that Robert, her only ‘living’ relative held out to her.

“It’s the necklace, I gave your Mom,” Dawnie gasped as she spied the golden chain that held the pendant she’d chosen, sixty some years before. It had been Buffy’s birthday and Dawn wanted to get her something special.

The necklace was 10 karat gold, true. But it was the pendant that meant so much. It spoke volumes, the little pendant had.

It was a gold filigree shaped heart, with a ruby gem in the middle. Nothing so grand or huge, but appropriate, at least for a Slayer. The ruby gem had a slim, gold, stake-like pin that ran through it. Dawn had thought it ‘funny’ when she’d picked it out, years before for her sister.

“Mom wanted you to have this,” Robert said, a slight tremor in his voice. “She said you’d understand?”

“I do,” Dawn whispered, her own voice filled with regret and sorrow. “I understand, completely.”

“I’m off,” Robert announced blithely. He headed for the front door of the pleasant home.

“My mate, my Cassandra,” she’s waiting for me. Robert explained, without shame.

“Vampire?” Dawn asked with a slight grin.

“Totally,” Robert replied, proudly.

“Goodbye, Robert,” Dawn leaned up and kissed her nephew’s cheek, tenderly. “We’ll never meet again, of that you can be sure.”

Robert nodded and hurried to his motorcycle, the one his Father had rebuilt for him.

The Daywalker Vampire hurried back to the motel room, in Sunnydale, that his mate waited for him at.

When he entered the room, he found his lover, naked and asleep on the rented room’s bed.

“Cassie,” Robert murmered, trying to wake his eternal mate from her slumber.

“Robert,” Cassie beamed as she opened her blue eyes and grinned at her husband.

“Did you see her? Your Aunt Dawn?” The vampire stretched and motioned for her lover to join her on the bed.

“Yes,” Robert purred as he divested his clothes and flopped down beside his willing mate.

“She, Dawn,” Cassie mewled as she ran her hands down her ‘man’s’ arms and chest. “She bought your story?”

“Totally,” Robert grinned down at his mate. He began to reciprocate his lover’s movements and touches.

“So,” Cassie chuckled, merrily. “Did you convince your Aunt that your Mum and Dad were dust? Mere boxed ashes in a museum in London?”

“Spose so,” Robert laughed, heartily. “Made her think, like Mom wanted, that they were gone, forever from the real world. Got all the gossip my Mom wanted, then some,” the handsome hybrid grinned, mischiviously.

“Didn’t let the old woman know that your Mom and Dad are unalive and well, living in the Florida Keys?” Cassie pulled her mate down to her naked body, running his cool hands on his cooler body.

“Nope,” Robert grinned, “just like Mom and Dad ordered. “Told Aunt Dawn nothing they didn’t want her to know. Gave her the pendant, to fuse up the deal. Just don’t know why Mom and Dad wanted to be so secretive and all.”

Cassie, Robert’s wife, Buffy and Spike’s daughter-in-law, shook her head, then laughed. “Your folks,” she began with an evil chuckle, “they are a pair. Maybe they just want some closure for your Aunt Dawn. Even if it’s a pile of batshit!”

The hybrid/vampire couple laughed, riotously, as they snuggled down into their makeshift bed.

“You’re my salvation, you know that, right?” Robert smiled down at his ‘woman’ with relish.

“You’d better believe that, Mister,” Cassie cooed up at her ‘man’ lovingly.


Down in one of a dozen or so Florida Keys? In the Atlantic Ocean, thousands of miles away from Sunnydale, or even California? A still blond haired master vampire and his equally blond haired ex-slayer lay, snuggled up together in their massive bed.

“So,” Spike murmered casually, as his still young looking, beautiful mate, Buffy, ran her red finger nails down his still strong chest. “You think our son’s happy, luv?” He sighed in pleasure as Buffy continued her stroking, down to his cock and balls.

“Damned if he shouldn’t be,” Buffy chuckled, coyly. “We raised him to be, if he isn’t?” She rolled into her William, more closely, and blew into his ear. “Then it’s his own bloody fault,” she purred as she bit her mate’s neck, affectionately.

“You know,” Spike began, a proud, arrogant tone in his deep, British voice. “Best thing, smartest thing I ever did? Was to turn you, sixty years ago, my sweet.”

He pulled his ‘only one’ to him, forcefully and began to pepper sweet kisses on her face and neck.

“I’ve always brought the best out in you William,” Buffy murmered, sweetly.

Without waiting for a moment, Spike aka William the Bloody, flipped his beautiful wife onto her back and plunged deep within her. With is cock that is. His mouth and tongue made short, wonderful work of hers.


A/N: That’s the end, folks. Thank you and please read and review. Luv, Spuf