Hello, sorry for late!
Thank you all by Sara and me! ;)
Here’s the new chap

Chapter 12

“Willow has already been here, Dru and even Angel have, too! So, I’m the only one who still hasn’t!” Dawn thought out loud as she had sneaked into the Magic Box studios, since, at least for once, there were no guards in the front door.

Dawn had decided to see Buffy host live, sure that her sister would like that surprise once she saw her there.

She was wandering around the first floor studios, looking curiously at everything, when Riley approached her. The poor guy was still trying to recover from the disappointment he’d felt when he realized that the super party Drusilla and Xander had talked him about, three nights before, was just a lie. And to think that, as he was riding in the car with them, he had imagined himself working for CNN!

“Hey, little girl, what are you doing here all alone? Are you lost?” he exclaimed, looking at her in deep concern.

Her reaction was immediate.

“Whoever you are, stop treating me like a baby! I’m already fifteen years old!” the teenager snapped, kicking his ankle with determination, before leaving furious.

Without understanding exactly what had just happened, a limping Riley headed towards his cabin, ready to start his news program, almost tempted to add to the daily news how dangerous it could be to call ‘little girl’ to a teenager!

Dawn had seen from afar that the ‘Voices in the Night’ cabin was still desert, since it was only 9:30 p.m., after all. She was going to get in, when an authoritative voice stopped her.


“Hey, you, girl, don’t you know that you can’t be here? Plus, I know what you did before, so you’ll be seriously punished!”

< That’s it, I knew it, I kicked a DJ, and surenow... someone had to caught me… I’m in big trouble! > the teenager thought, turning slowly, ready to face the consequences, until her light blue eyes met the light blue eyes of a young boy who couldn’t be older than eighteen years old.

He was staring at her coldly and impassibly, encased in a black leather coat that made him seem tougher but that also seemed to be two or three sizes too big for him.

< Well, I wouldn’t mind being arrested by him, maybe even being frisked by him. Gee, bad Dawn, shame on you!> she thought maliciously, but she was surprised when the boy burst out laughing.

“You bought it! I’m not bad at all it seems, I could be a secret agent just like 007!” he smiled.

“It was a joke?! Gee, you almost made me have a heart attack, I even saw myself in jail!” she protested, although his smile bewitched her.

“You’re so exaggerated! You can’t go to jail for such a little thing. Quite the contrary, you were great, what a kick! You seemed a Power Ranger!” he congratulated.

“Hey, am I wrong... or are you a little bit obsessed with TV?” Dawn wondered.

“Have you ever seen ‘The Cable Guy’ with Jim Carrey? Well, the protagonist is nothing compared to me!” he struck back.

“You know, I don’t think that that’s something you should be proud of! Anyway, you didn’t tell me yet who you are. Did you fool the guards, too?”

“Hell, no. I have family here. To begin with, my brother is one of the DJs, no, not the one you kicked before, don’t worry! And if that wasn’t enough... my uncle is the Radio’s Owner!” he bragged as she jumped to a very important conclusion.

“Wow! So you are...”

“Yes, William, or Spike, if you prefer, is my big bro. I’m Andrew!” he introduced himself, shaking her hand.

“What a coincidence! My sister is the DJ who co-hosts with your brother. I’m Dawn!” she introduced herself.

“Funny. Due to the transitive property... we can almost say that we are colleagues, too!” he joked, making her chuckle.

“By any chance do you also host a program?” she asked.

“No, I would like to, but I haven’t managed yet to persuade uncle Rupert into making me host a program about special effects in the science fiction movies, that’s my dream!” he confessed.

She was about to say something about that, but she stopped when she saw Spike arrive by their side.

“What are you doing here? Well, Andy, you’re not a surprise, since you are always here annoying me. But you, Nibblet, what about you?”

“I just want to surprise Buffy. And since I ‘m already here, I took advantage of that to visit the studios ...”

“And to beat down a DJ, too!” Andrew added, making her feel awkward not due to what he had just said, but due to the way he was looking at her.

And William noticed that look, too.

“Andrew, invent something to do and go do that!” he summoned him.

“Uff, okay. Dawn, it was really nice to meet you. From now on, every time I see the sun rise ... I’ll think of you!” he murmured.

“Oh, Andrew, thank you, you’re such a poet!” she sighed contently.

“Thanks, but you’re wrong. In our family, the only real poet is...”

William covered his mouth in time, smiling innocently at Dawn.

“Don’t mind at what he says. You know, there are three adjectives to describe my hell of a brother: chatty, TV-addicted and...” he commented, looking at him better. “And THIEF! Bloody hell, how many times have I told you not to wear my coat!” he growled.

“Well, now I really should go. See you, Dawnie!” Andrew said, running away before Spike could catch him.

“So where were we, Nibblet? Tell me, how did you arrive here? Did Red gave you a ride?”

Dawn shook her head in negative.

“The Visionary girl?”

Another negative shake.

“Broody boy?”

“No, I just caught the bus, you know, there’s a stop nearby...” she explained.

“What?! Did you cross half town at night, all alone, in bus? If your sister finds out about that... she will slay me!”

“Sorry, but... why do you feel involved?”

“I don’t, but with your big sis it always works like that: if something, anything, goes wrong... I become her personal punch bag! So... try to understand, if you ‘surprise’ her... later she will throw a party in my honour: my funeral! You’ll come back when you find someone you can trust who can bring you here...” he commented.

“Well... we could ask your brother to do that...” she suggested with fake nonchalance.

“Forget it! Plus, I said ‘someone you can trust in’ and I would never leave you alone with my brother for more than ten minutes!” he protested. “Anyway, is Buffy home now?”

“No, she is at Dru and Angel’s apartment... “

“That’s perfect. So I can drive you back home and this will be our little secret. After all, it’s still pretty early for the show and after all, it seems that by now I’ve become the Summers’ women personal chauffeur!” he grumbled as he left with her.

< And I know that you don’t mind that at all! > Dawn thought with her typical knowing smile as she day-dreamed about double dates between the two Summers sisters and the two Rayne brothers.

TBC

Don’t worry, next chapter will have Spuffy ... but expect more banter than romance, ihiihi !
Hope you’ll like ‘my’ Andrew, anyway... he will be back! ;)





thank you anyway..