Thank you all.

Sorry for this huge late, but finally I’m back!

This chapter should be kinda funny.. I hope you’ll enjoy it! ;)

Chapter 13 ( I quoted a little something from, ‘Touched’, nothing spuffy anyway)

There was still half an hour left before a new transmission of ‘Voices in the night’ began and William sat against a wall, outside the studios, surrounded by... the butts of all the cigarettes that he had smoked in the last twenty minutes, as he lighted the umpteenth one.

He wasn’t chain-smoking because he had to host the show with Buffy; after all they’d been working together for more than ten weeks now. Something else was making him nervous.


“Hey, big bro, what are you doing outside?” Andrew greeted him, sitting close to him.

William rolled his eyes. “What the hell are you doing here now?” he wondered.


“Yes, I missed you a lot, too!” the other struck back ironically. Sarcasm was very probably a family trade. ”What’s wrong with that? Can’t I pay my favourite brother a visit?”



“I’m the only brother you have!” William rolled his eyes again.

“Yes, and that’s one more reason for you to be my fave one! Gee, you’re so tense! C’mon, let’s play a game to make you relax: “I spy with my little eye something that begins with a T…” Andrew trailed.

“Yes, it’s the throat I’m gonna rip off of you if you don’t go away! Bloody hell, how can you play this stupid kindergarten games when you are nineteen years old?” William snapped.

“Gee, you’re so nervous tonight! Well, I should have figured that out by all the cigarette butts... you are smoking more than a chimney! Just tell me, what’s the matter?”

“What’s the matter? It’s a bunch of bloody coincidences: the crazy pixie said that tonight she would drive on her own... and just take a look at the parking area. What an irony! The only free space left is the one between the wall... and * my DeSoto *! Why didn’t I bring the motorcycle today?” the bleached blonde grumbled, throwing the cigarette on the ground. “If she scratches it while she parks... I don’t know what I’ll do to her!” he growled exasperated.

< No, wait, I know. I’m gonna open the car door, pull her out with a rough tug, smash her on the hood and jump on her. And then I’ll rip all her clothes off and... Wait a minute! There’s something wrong with this picture. It was supposed to be a revenge, but it looks more like... a rape! Well... it wouldn’t be so if she agreed… but that’s not the sodding point! > Spike told himself, puzzled, as for some strange reasons his jeans seemed to be tighter all of the sudden.

“C’mon, I’m sure she’ll pay attention, you should begin trusting her more!” his younger brother commented.

< He’s right, I should thrust in her... I mean TRUST!> he corrected himself, more and more confused.

“Uhmm... is there any chance that she comes with ... Dawn?” Andrew dared ask immediately after, nonchalantly.

William still had to recover from the fusion of thoughts coming from his brain with... the ones coming from another part of his body! But after Andrew’s question, he seemed to come back to Earth.


“I knew it! That’s why you are here. No, she isn’t coming today, and even if she did, I would keep you far away from her. You should stop thinking about her!”

“I’ll start when * you * stop thinking about * her big sis *!” Andrew struck back and William was floored by the response.

To be pungent must be another Rayne’s family trade.

Andrew left him alone with his (hot) thoughts. But his isolation didn’t last long, because Wesley arrived after a little while.


“So, what are you doing here all alone, far from the rest of the world? Do you wanna be a hermit?” the brunette teased him.

“No! I just care about my beloved car!”

“I don’t know much about engines, but I can guarantee that if no one is inside it, the car doesn’t move, it remains still, believe me!” Wesley joked.

“Ha, ha, how witty you are today! Truth is that today Buffy is driving to work... and I guess I just told you everything.”

“NO!” Wesley exclaimed, figuring out that if Buffy drove on her own there wasn’t any chances of Willow giving her a ride.

“See? You understand how serious the problem is! I appreciate your solidarity... but there’s no need to be so despaired,” William looked at him, puzzled.

“Uh! You’re right, but... well I was pretending that it was my car, so I know what it’s like! Anyway, it’s late now and the match is about to start, I gotta go, bye!” Wesley said quickly, leaving as fast as he could.

“But... there are no matches today!” William thought out loud, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

But he shrugged, drawing another cigarette out from his almost empty packet.

He didn’t even have the time to light it, because, even without seeing Buffy, he heard the shriek of her car at the juncture. He jumped up from his place against the wall and ran toward her, stopping in the middle of the street. Buffy shrieked.

“Are you nuts? I almost ran you over... and I’m still wondering why I stopped the car!” Buffy snapped.

“The only crazy person here is you who drive in the way!” he struck back.

“Well, get away, I gotta park!”

“That’s the bloody point, you can’t!”

“What does that mean I can’t?”

“It means that the only free place left is the one between the wall ... and * my car *!”

“Oh, no! I hate parking near walls, I don’t wanna scratch my car!”

“You shouldn’t worry about the sodding wall, you’d better pay attention to my DeSoto, if you dare scratch it...” he threatened her.

“Okay, I got it. Now, go away, I gotta park!” she said, setting her car in motion again and heading towards the parking lot, but then she stopped.

“What now?” William wondered, reaching her.

“It’s your fault! You put me under pressure... and now I can’t do that anymore!” she protested.

He didn’t let her say anything else, he just opened the car door, pulled her out with a rough tug... but he stopped at the first phase of the NC-17 movie he had been playing in his mind.

< Here we go! Now he’s gonna smash me on the hood, jump on me, rip all my clothes off and... Alright, I lost myself in this dirty fantasy about him again! Bad, bad Buffy!> she scolded herself... but she was a little bit upset when she saw him just get inside her car.

“What are you gonna do?” she wondered.

“It looks pretty clear to me: I’m gonna park the car for you, so there won’t be any damages!” and saying that he perfectly parked the car in just a few seconds.

“Uff, I could do that, too!” Buffy grumbled.

< Well... it would have taken me just ten... or maybe twenty more moves… but I would’ve managed to do it!> she thought, looking at William as he got out, giving her the car key back and following him inside the studios.

Time had gone by fast and finally their show started.

“Good evening, Children of the Night. Spike and Buffy are here with you, as always!” Spike greeted them.

“Yes, and we are ready for another powerful night! But let’s not waste time, here’s the topic of the night...” Buffy announced, but Spike cut her off.

“I suggest... driving! Do you drive? Do you like to drive? Who do you think are the best drivers? Women or men? And how do you deal with... * parking *?” Spike sneered, looking at Buffy as she mouthed him: ‘Evil’.

“I’ll just tell you that if it weren’t for me, our dear Buffy would still be in the parking lot trying to park her car in a thousand bloody manoeuvres!” he chuckled, teasing her.

“Hey, Mr Hero-on-four-wheels, why don’t you tell them the truth? Hey, people, try to drive after he put you under pressure, convincing you that you would never be able to do it without scratching your car! I just about expected him to draw out a gun and aim it at my temple, too!” Buffy struck back.

“You would’ve ended up scratching my car!” Spike justified.

“It’s already horrible, a little scratch would just make it look better!” she responded airily.

“Don’t you dare to insult my car!” Spike summoned her.

“Look, people, as we‘ll probably end up punching each other, you can listen to ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’ by Greenday, because that’s the story of a guy who keeps walking alone, so... no cars!” Buffy joked, making the song start.

By then, she had learnt how to do everything in the cabin.

Spike and Buffy took their headphones off, looking at each other with mutual and extreme dislike.

“You should avoid personal matters, have you ever heard of that thing called ‘professional secret’? Oops, sorry, I forgot. You are no professional, not even the secret!” Buffy teased him.

“Miss Radio has just talked! Anyway, I had to warn Sunnydale and its vicinities about the huge danger you can be on four wheels! By the way, learn how to drive! I’m sure that you must have taken your driving exam in your fairy pixies village, because here on the Earth no one would ever be so stupid as to allow you to drive!” Spike struck back and their fight went on during the rest of the song... and even after that!

TBC


As I already explained on the tag, this will be the last chapter for now, since Sara is very, very busy lately.
To be honest, I already wrote some chapters for the future.. but it’s useless if Sara doesn’t give me her veeeery important ones!
Be patient with us! We started this fanfic and we are more than intentioned to finish it, don’t worry!

Well.. In the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy my other ones.. ;)