Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone, from both of us!! ;)
Hello, here we are again! ;)

Chapter three (II)

“Excuse me, how can you tell?” Willow wondered confused.
“He’s here. With all his body, not only his voice..”

< And what a body!> the blonde thought.

“So, why don’t you go talk to him? And before you wonder it, I can assure you that you are here, so don’t look for yourself anywhere else!”
“Oh, c’mon! Do I really strike you as the kind of stupid girl who goes to annoy him, just when he’s talking on his mobile, and.. Oh, my God! He hung up, I’m gonna fly there!”
Buffy took a look around, finding what she was looking for. She took a tray and a sponge and went towards his table. She wore her best smile and placed herself in front of him. In the meantime, the blond man grumbled about stupid blonde bimbos, ignoring the girl in front of him.
“Are you ok?” she asked him as kindly as possible.
He didn’t even look up at her.
“Oh, sure, everything is alright!”
Buffy took a breath and then she resumed talking with a sparkling voice.
“Wait a minute. I recognize you, you are the DJ of Magic Box Radio, aren’t you? Well...”
“Ok, ok. I got it. Just give me a napkin so I’ll write my autograph on it and then you can go back to clean the tables!”

Buffy stood still for a while. She assured herself that she was there, took a deep breath and exhaled before saying, “Why you little ugly ungrateful streetlamp! How could you dare...”

He stared at her stunned. The petite blond in front of him was... yelling at him? Whatever did he do that was so bad?
“And to think I was about to thank you... and now I don’t even know for what! No, wait, I know why. Thank you for showing me that schizophrenia exists, since you are its most perfect example! Otherwise, there would be no explanation of how a kind and sweet person who usually has a word of comfort for everyone listening to him every night actually is nothing but a disturbed cocky and very annoying man who is constantly trying to put himself in the limelight and who has never looked at himself in a mirror, because if you did maybe you would do something for your hair! But now that I think it over, well, maybe that’s the explanation for everything, the bleach you used must have seriously damaged your brain!” Buffy snapped furious.

For his only answer, the man burst out laughing.
“Why the hell are you laughing now?”
“Sorry, but... you are moving so much that that funny puppet on the top of your hat seemed to be alive! Hey, speaking of mirrors, I suppose that in this fast food restaurant there’s none, otherwise you’d have realized that you are dressed as you popped out from a village of pixies!” he made fun of her between peals of laughter.
“Grrr! I hope you’ll choke with the coffee you’re drinking, you... nothing-more-than-a-fog-light! I thank my lucky stars because my turn is finally over and I can go home, so I won’t have to stand your annoying face anymore, good bye forever!” she struck back furiously as she approached the door.
“See you soon, pixie!” he greeted her before she left, making her even more furious.

The man smiled amused. The meeting with the spicy girl had taken his mind off the call, which had brought him some very bad news.
Buffy rushed to the back of the restaurant to change clothes as quickly as she could, while cursing under her breath.
Willow looked at her friend puzzled when she found her. “So, how did it go?”
Buffy stopped to stare at her friend as she closed her bag.
“Do you remember when you wanted to dye your hair blonde? Don’t do it. The bleach would make you stupid!” and without adding anything else, Buffy left, leaving her friend dumbfounded.

-------------------------------------------------------
It was late in the afternoon when Spike entered the Magic Box Studios, rushing towards Giles’ office furiously, but a brunette guy crossed his path.
“Spike, I just heard about it, I’m sorry... but you are so weird... what’s wrong?”
“What’s wrong? I’ve been * literally* assaulted by a mad furious girl with a cow on her head!”
Xander looked at his friend shocked.
“You know that you shouldn’t drink during the day. I know you received bad news, but getting drunk...”
“No, I’m sober and very serious, there was a cute blondie who all of the sudden started yelling at me, God only knows about what... and...” he sighed frustrated.
“What did you do to her?”
“I don’t remember, Rupert had just told me that I have to host my program – the one that is my whole life, where I always try my best- with... Harm. Can’t you see? A top model, all legs but no brain hosting with me! If only he had suggested me to host with a colleague, another DJ, but no. It had to be a hot chick... one that the audience can’t see, because we are not on TV, so they would just hear her talk... and let’s face it, that’s not Harmony’s best ability! In a word, after all that... who remembers what the bloody hell I said to the crazy pixie!”
Once he said that, he entered Giles’ office, leaving Xander as dumbfounded as Willow had been.

Spike rushed into the room, punching the table. Giles confined himself to raise his head and take off his glasses.
“Are you done with your little scene, William? Can you sit down so we can talk now?”
“Actually, I’d planned to break some stuff first, but if you insist...”
“Did you think about my suggestion?”
“Sure, I did. And my answer is BLOODY NO!”
“Ok, since you can’t say no, have you already called Harmony?”
“You’re aging way too fast, uncle. I can think about hosting with someone else, I can think about working with a woman and I can think about Harm... but not exactly to work with her! So, suggest to me another person...”
“Fine. Now we have a deal. Let’s think about the others.. we need someone with temper, a fighting spirit, personality..”
“Ok, so, dear uncle, tell me why did you think about * Harm*?”
Giles ignored his nephew’s remark and resumed talking.
“I mean someone who can challenge you, who knows how to handle you..”

In William’s mind popped out a spicy blonde with a cow on her head.
“Someone who is not only a woman, but can also talk, can entertain the crowd, someone you can discuss with.. even arguing could make a good audience!”
William could think about nobody but the girl of a few hours before.
“Ok, Rupy, maybe I can bring to you the right one!”

************************************************* ( In the meantime)

“… Instead he is just an annoying unbearable vain bighead full of himself!”
“Maybe he is as unbearable as you claim he is, Buffy, anyway it has been for more than *two hours * you’ve been doing nothing but talking about him!” her sister made her notice.
“That’s not true. I’m not just talking about him! Grrr, I hate him so much! Ok, he has eyes that can lose yourself in, a sensual voice with that accent that makes it even sexier, a smirk that makes him irresistible, an awesome body... but that doesn’t allow him to treat me as the last of the skivvies!” Buffy snapped.
Dawn and Drusilla had the same knowing smile.
“You always end up buying what you despise... and I don’t even think that ‘despise’ is the proper word here...” Drusilla sing song.
“What? Are you two ganging up against me? It’s not what you are thinking, so just quit it! Anyway, now I have to get a shower!” Buffy warned them.
“You should have that shower with some ice cubes to take your mind off the nasty thoughts that I bet you are having...” her friend struck back, giggling.
“Dru, quit it! No one is thinking about anyone that way!” Buffy pointed out from the bathroom.
Lucky for her, Drusilla and Dawn couldn’t see from there the sudden redness on her cheeks after that witty remark.

< A cold shower will help me.. no, it’s not enough.. I should move on to an igloo!> she thought, starting to take her clothes off.

---------------------------------------------------------------
It was midnight and oddly Buffy was in her room, oddly the radio was turned on... and even more oddly... it was tuned just on that station. The girl heard the song fade away, signalling ‘Voices in the Night’ was about to start.
- If also tonight you’ve decided to spend the next two hours with me, welcome, my dear listeners, but...-

“Blah, blah, blah, you can’t fool me anymore, fog-light!” Buffy exclaimed, turning off the radio.

- ... But before starting, I’d like to tell you that this is the last week that I’d spend alone with you... No, don’t scream and don’t try to suicide! - he joked.

- I’m not going anywhere; it’s just that from next Monday on there will be a double hosting. For now I can tell you nothing more, because even I don’t know yet who will join me.. – he explained.

< Although I have an idea..> he sneered, thinking about a blondie with big green eyes, a volcanic temper and a funny hat.

TBC

Well, now you know who the pixie is. So, are you ready to find out who is the coyote ( honestly, *who* will ever be?) but mostly why? Eh, eh, don’t miss next chapter, then! ;) ;)
We hope you’ll like it! ;) ;)