Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much from Sara and me , Caitie, Mariana and Jessica, Shippy and BuffyandSpikeForever, we are glad you like it so far! ;)
Chapter 4

The day after, William took a deep breath to find the courage he needed to cross the threshold of the Double Meat Palace.
There was a big line before him to get to the counter, but his injection of courage made him so insolent that he stepped in front of the other people, leaning on the counter and ignoring the general chorus of complaints and grumblings behind his back.
A freckled boy with the same funny hat threw daggers at him with his eyes.
“If you wanna order, Sir, you’ve gotta respect the line!”
“I don’t wanna make any orders, I just wanna talk with a ... mad blondie!”
“Do you wanna complain? Because if you do, the manager...”
“No sodding complaints, I just absolutely need to talk with her!” he snapped with a louder tone.
Hearing the noise, Buffy and her manager rushed to the counter. As soon as William recognized her, he pointed at her with a finger.

“It’s her. She is the mad blondie!” he explained.
She approached him ready to strike back, but her manager anticipated her.
“If you have to talk with your girlfriend, you should wait until the end of her turn!”

William’s eyes went wide and he grabbed him by his arm.
“Look at me. Do you think I’m so miserable that I could be her boyfriend?”
The man didn’t have the time to answer, because his employee grabbed him by the other arm.
“No, look at me. Do I strike you for the type of girl who can stay with an eternal yellow traffic-light head?”
The man broke free from both of their hands and turned to Buffy.
“This is not my problem. Just take a break of ten minutes... and make things right with your boyfriend!” and then he turned to William. “And you, order a coffee at least!”

William sat at a table and, forced by her manager, Buffy went to sit with him crossing her arms in sign of protest.
“I’m just here to take your order, since you are a customer. You know, I can give you some advices on what to order, you could try our new sandwich, it’s called ‘Get out of my sight forever!” Buffy snapped.
“Hmmm, I think I’ll choose the ‘At least let me talk before’ menu with some ‘I must apologize’...”
Buffy shook her head with a smile; this guy could be even more stubborn than her. So, why couldn’t she give him another chance to clear things up?
“I’m sorry, but...”
Buffy sat in front of him, ready to throw that coffee on his lap depending on what his ‘but’ meant!
“... But I had had a very bad day, I had received some bad news and you showed up in the worst moment...”
“Ok. I accept your apologies. Bye, and never come back again!”
“I’m not done yet!” he stopped her, grabbing her arm. He took a look around and locked his eyes with hers. “Is there a calmer place where we can talk?”
She looked at him oddly, and then she beckoned him to follow her to the back of the fast food restaurant.

Once they were there, she sat down and waited for him to talk, staring at her watch.
“What do you want beyond my forgiveness?”
“I’ve got a problem...”
“That has nothing to do with me!”
“That’s true, but it could be, or at least you could solve it...”
“You are crazy! What could I do? Offer you a coffee?”
“I’m talking seriously; it’s a matter of life or death!”
“Let’s clear a point: I’m not gonna give any of my organs to anyone, especially to you!”
William rolled his eyes; this seemed to be going to be even harder than he expected it would.
“You have been very kind, mostly because you recognized me, but first of all let me tell you something: working in a radio station doesn’t make me a Hollywood star! I’m not such a big VIP, after all. Ok, I’m a DJ, but it’s just for a local station, nothing big, in fact I’m a normal student at College, too. I’m William, William Rayne.”
“And I’m Buffy Summers.”
“See, * Buffy*? You have a pixie name, too!” he made fun of her, bursting out laughing and making her nervous.
“You know, * Willy*, if I were you I wouldn’t laugh too much, since you have the same name of that poor coyote who has been trying to catch the roadrunner endlessly without success! Beep-Beep!” she laughed, making him nervous in turn.
“Well, at least I hope you’ll be less unreachable than the roadrunner!”
“Huh?”
“I got a proposal for you, pixie...”
“First of all, stop calling me that, you go down in your total score every time you do it... and you’re already under 0 points for a while!” she snapped.
“Ok. I’ve got a proposal for you, Buffy!”
“What?”
“You’re not happy here...”
“Well, I’d like to see you running from a table to the other, breaking your back and living in symbiosis with the frying machine!”
“Can I add ‘arguing with the customers’, too? Since it’s something you do so bloody well!”
Buffy dusted him with a look, but she let him keep talking.
“The point is, you’re something... you deserve something better!”
“You don’t even know me, how can you say that?”
“You’re not a student, you are not a waitress. You were born to work in a radio station, just like me, no, *with * me!”

Buffy stared at him seriously as if she was contemplating his offer, but then she burst out laughing. It was one of those contagious laughter that you can’t stop, and as she laughed William thought once again that she was crazy for real, seeing her clutching her stomach due to too much laughter.
“Listen to me...”
She didn’t seem to be able to do that. Gee, it had been ages since she had laughed so much. Maybe the last time was when Willow had dressed like a punk for Halloween.
“Buffy, stop, please, stop!”
She tried to calm down, wiping away her tears.
“Ok, sorry... but... you were so serious... it was just as if you really wanted me to work with you...”
“That was the plan... and if you start laughing again I guess I’ll punch you!”
Buffy made an effort not to laugh again and looked at him seriously.
“You... you are crazy!”
“No, don’t say that. It makes some sense... after all...”
“No, no, absolutely no. Forget it! We’ll end up killing each other after ten minutes. Reflect a little, after just five minutes here you’ve already threatened me to punch me! So, guess what we’ll do after two hours of program...”
She was about to leave, but he was faster than her and grabbed her by their upper arms locking his eyes with hers and breathing deeply.

They didn’t notice that Willow had opened the door, looking for Buffy. The redhead only saw one thing, William holding Buffy tightly, looking at her almost as if he was begging her.
“Let’s try this for real!” he whispered to her with the sexiest voice that Willow had ever heard so far.
The redhead blinked and smiled knowingly. She closed the door as softly as she could and came back to her manager.
“No, Buffy wasn’t there, but I’m sure she’ll be back soon!”

In the meantime, Buffy stared at William intensely and for an instant she was breathless. Maybe she was going crazy, but she had nothing to lose.
“A week, I’ll just give you a week. I’ll tell my manager I’ll take my vacation, but if it doesn’t work, each of us will be on their way and you won’t bother me again!”
William set her free and shook her hand.
“Deal!”

TBC