Thanks to everyone, Sara and I are sooooooooo glad you like our work! ;)

Chapter 6 (I)

It was the big day, and just at the thought of what could happen on the live program Buffy had barely slept the night before...
And knowing how nervous her friend was, Willow had gently offered to drive her to the Magic Box studios.
“C’mon, Buffy, see it as an innovative way to spend Saturday night, it’s always better than staying home and brood, isn’t it? Can’t you see? All Sunnydale and its vicinities will hear you talk!” Willow incited her, walking with her towards the entrance.
“That is exactly what scares the hell out of me! Well, at least I know that I won’t be alone...” Buffy comforted herself.

She didn’t even have time to end her sentence, when suddenly Wesley crossed her path.
“Buffy, I was looking for you. William asked me to tell you that he will be a bit late tonight, but don’t worry...”
“Don’t worry?! There’s no way you’d know but it’s not like I’m at my best when I’m all by myself...” she struck back, remembering her famous first call to Spike, but neither her friend nor the brunette boy seemed to be listening to her, because they were too busy looking at each other.
“Buffy, why don’t you introduce us?” they asked her at the same time, smiling at each other.
“Uh, yeah, I’m sorry. Well, Wesley this is Willow, my former College roommate and depending on how this week goes, probably my former colleague at the fast food restaurant, too; but there’s a thing she is surely not a former one, since she is one of my best friends!” Buffy explained as the other two shook their hands.
“Buffy, if you go up those stairs to the second floor, there you’ll find Xander who is waiting for you and he will explain everything to you. Now go, because you’ll be on air in twenty minutes...” he warned her, and Buffy flew up the stairs a second after.

“So, Willow, would you like a little tour around the studios?” Wesley suggested, setting his glasses on his nose, a clear sign of his agitation.
“Wow, sure, very willingly... wait, won’t this be a problem for you? Don’t you have to work?” she wondered shyly.
“Don’t worry. You know, I host a sports program,, and tonight there aren’t any matches so I’m kinda free!” he reassured her with a smile, leading her towards the studios.
“I guess Spike really exaggerated this time!” he thought out loud.
“What?” Willow questioned him with her eyes.
“Uh! Nothing, nothing... I was just thinking out loud...” he justified, but she insisted with her inquisitive attitude.
“Do you know something that I should know?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
“...And that’s all. You’ll see there won’t be any problems, you’ll do great...” Xander smiled, leaving Buffy alone in the DJ cabin.

a very nervous Buffy thought as she bit her nails while she stared at the console with increasing fear.

“Put the headphones on, there’s only one minute left to begin!” Xander warned her.
With trembling hands, Buffy put the headphones on, looking at the brunette boy who signalled the countdown with his hands.
“... Seven, six, five, four, three, two, one... let’s go!” Xander said, leaving. “Spike, you’re really evil, poor girl!” he thought out loud.

Buffy had started rambling madly as soon as Xander had beckoned her to speak.
“Good evening, everyone; no, calm down, people, you haven’t tuned your radio on the wrong station. This is really ‘Voices in the Night’, but I’m not Spike... after a delicate surgery to... change his sex! You know that, right? The story of the double hosting... Well, I’m the other half... although for now I got to play both parts, because he’s still not here... I mean, he’s going to be here... but he’ll be in later... maybe ... at least, that’s what I hope! I don’t know for sure, and if truth must be told, I really don’t know anything, and for that I apologize to you in advance... Well, I see some letters over the table… why don’t we start reading them... hmm?”

She went on like that for a while, managing to spend some time, but then she heard someone knock on the window that divided the studio.
She turned and saw a boy whom she had never seen so far.
He was beckoning her to get out. She was surprised, but her only answer was signalling for him to wait, pointing at the headphones she wore.
“Uhmm... I have the feeling that I’ve been talking for too long, maybe I’d better play a song, so why don’t we listen to ‘Home’ by Michael Bublè...”

she thought, panic-stricken as never before.

“Oh, my God, I don’t even know if this song is on... if it’s not... well, just imagine it is... anyway, I will be back in two minutes!” she warned her crowd, taking off the headphones and getting out of the studio.
“Sorry, but I have not much time, just the duration of the song... if I played it, that is!” she said to the mysterious guy, looking nervously at her watch.
“That’s the point, look at the console carefully... Can’t you see that it’s all turned off?” he made her notice.

Nervous as she was, Buffy hadn’t even noticed this little ‘irrelevant’ detail.

“You’re right, poor me … so I have been talking for a little more than twenty minutes... to myself!” she rolled her eyes.
“You must be the new host… and I bet that William chose my free day to make the introductions, I’m not very surprised by that. You know, he and I don’t get along very well ...” the boy grumbled. “Anyway, I am Riley, and I host the radio news program. Nice to meet you...”
“Buffy. I’m Buffy, and yes, I’m the new host!” she smiled, looking at him better.
He was a really nice guy, she couldn’t deny it, he had dark blonde hair and was tall, and brawny... but on the other hand, those five minutes with him had seemed to be... five hours to her.

(End I)


We know, it’s kinda short, but we promise to you that in the next part.. there will be Spike! ;)
We hope you’ll still like it!

p.s. I have begun a new AU ( but no fantasy) story , ‘Before, now, forever’ , and I’ll promise I’ll update it sooner than I said when I posted it, ok? ;) by the way, Caitie, I thank you so much even here for it, dear!! ;)