Once again, thank you all from both of us! ;)

Chapter 7


“You know, Willow, when someone offers to give you a ride somewhere, they usually drive you back home, too!” Buffy exclaimed, rushing towards the Double Meat Palace the next afternoon.
“Oh, God, Buffy, I’m so sorry... you have all the reasons to be cross with me, but... you know, Wesley took me on a tour around the studios ...”
“No matter how big the studios are, it can’t take you more than * two hours *!” the blonde struck back.
“Yes, you’re right, that’s true. Actually, we also went to a bar nearby to have some drinks… so... you know, one thing led to the other…”
“You forgot about me!” the other blamed her.
“I didn’t mean to. By the way.. who drove you back home?”
“Think about it for a while, Will.. why do you think I’m so pissed off?”
“No! Don’t tell me that..”
“Yeah, Spike walked me to the parking area and when he saw that I couldn’t find you, he insisted on giving me a ride. I don’t mind about the horrible thing he keeps mistaking for a car; I don’t mind about the terrible music he listens to and thank God he never plays on the radio; I don’t mind about the fact that we kept bantering back and forth all the ride through, so much that I still wonder why we didn’t have a car crash; the thing that I can’t really stand is that he wants to give me a ride tomorrow night, too, since he found out where I live now! Guess what? The coyote dared to say that such an overexcited girl as me should better keep far away from vehicles!” Buffy snapped.
“For once, I agree with him!” Willow muttered.
“What?”
“Uh, nothing, Buffy, nothing..”
“Well, well. It seems that there’s something going on between Wesley and you, isn’t it?” the blonde changed subjects with a knowing smile.
“What are you blathering about? He has been just kind with me, nothing more. To begin with, he didn’t even ask me for any information about me... where I live, if I could give him my number... nothing! So, see? He doesn’t care about meeting me again...”
“Oh, please, don’t say crap! Don’t you remember? He didn’t care about anything else after he saw you!” the other struck back.
“Think what you want, Buffy. Anyway, it’s not a tragedy for me, I don’t care about him very much, after all...” she justified, but as the song on the radio faded away and a new program started... What a coincidence! It was a sport’s program...

- ‘Sport and Report’ is ready to start, today there will be a very exciting match plenty of action and surprises, don’t miss it!- Wesley’s voice exclaimed.

Buffy looked at Willow with a smile that was even more knowing than the previous one.
“It’s not what you think, Buffy, it’s only that baseball is such an interesting sport... I really like it now... and all the stations are the same, as long as they play baseball matches!”
“Yeah, sure. Too bad that what they’re airing now it’s * football *!”
Willow became redder than her hair.
“Ok, ok, I confess. I have a very worrying crush on a DJ with a strong English accent... Now that I think about it, Buffy? Is yours a contagious disease?”
“Maybe it is... Hey! Wait a minute. My crush ended when I found out that I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!” Buffy cleared.
Now Willow was looking at her with a very knowing smile.
“Ok, sure, Buffy. Anyway, don’t you know that it’s been scientifically proven that repeating a certain thing shows that the person is thinking the exact opposite of what they’re saying?” the redhead struck back.
Buffy started, but she kept her cool.
“Will, let me give you an advice: think less about psychology... and more about the hamburgers!” the blonde struck back, approaching to the exit. “Anyway, I. HATE. HIM!” she yelled, leaving.
“And the theory is proven!” Willow smirked, rolling her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------
< I am a perfect idiot! > Wesley cursed himself, taking off the headphones at half-time.

< I spent a whole night with her... and I didn’t even ask her number, to tell me where she lives... nothing! So, now she will be thinking I don’t care about her... Stupid, stupid, stupid Wesley! >

“Hey, Wes, what are you doing? Are you punching yourself? Confess, the team you bet on is losing, right?” William teased him as he came into the studio.
“Uh! No, no, I was just thinking about my business... Hey, but, what are you doing here? You don’t even work today!”
“Yes, but I do work tomorrow night, so I wanna be one hundred percent sure that the Slayer didn’t destroy anything in our DJ cabin!” the bleached blond explained.
Wesley looked at him confused.
“Why do I keep trying to have a normal conversation with you?” he thought out loud, rolling his eyes, but then he figured out that William was the only one who could help him.
“Spike, wait, what’s the name of the fast food restaurant where Buffy works… or rather worked?” he asked his colleague.
“Why do you want to know?” his interlocutor narrowed his eyes.

< Good Lord! When someone asks you a question... you just answer, you don’t ask why! > the brunette boy thought, rolling his eyes annoyed and resorting to all his patience.

“Well, you know... I just wanted to change places to eat, instead of the same old bar...” he justified.
“Look, buddy, I went there just because it’s near my College. But it’s far away from here, it’s uncomfortable, it would take you too much time...” the other warned him.
“You know what? Never mind, I’ve lost my appetite now, thank you very much!” the brunette snapped, putting his headphones on again, because the match was about to restart, while William watched him in confusion since he didn’t understand what was wrong with him.

< I can’t ask Buffy about it, she would figure out why I want it in a heartbeat, no way! I can just hope that Willow will come by the studios again, sooner or later... > Wesley thought, a little bit upset.

(End I)

Are you ready for Spike and Buffy’s REAL show together? Don’t miss the next part, then! ;)