Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello again!
Yeah, I know, I said I would have updated this just when I finished ‘Soul mates’, too ( anyway, there are just 3 chapters to go!) , but I changed my mind easily… and we were too impatient!
Thank you all, we are soo glad you like it!! ;)
Chapter 2

The morning after, the insistent ringing of the doorbell woke Buffy up abruptly.
“Oh, no, who annoys me just on the only day when I don’t have to work at the Double Meat in the morning shift?” Buffy snorted, wearing her robe and going to open the front door.
“My dear, I left you alone for almost twelve hours, but now it’s time for you to tell your best friend everything, you know you can’t escape from me!” Drusilla exclaimed, almost rushing inside.
“Do you really think so?” the other girl struck back, dodging and running towards the second floor of the condominium, heading towards the stairs, not minding that she still wore her pyjamas, robe and slippers, anything to escape from Drusilla’s third degree!

Buffy had moved to a flat located in the second floor of the building complex a few months ago, because after her mother’s death she had figured out that the best thing was to sell the big house where she and her sister Dawn were born to save some money. It was a big sacrifice, since that house was full of memories for both of them, but unfortunately they couldn’t afford it anymore.
Finally, Buffy was downstairs, but Angel was waiting for her at the entrance.
“So, were you thinking of escaping?” he exclaimed, lifting her up in his arms to take her back upstairs as she tried to break free unsuccessfully.
“I had foreseen your reaction, that’s why I asked Angel to stay down there...” her friend explained, leaning from the banister with a winning smile.

Drusilla Demi-Lune and Angel Liam had been Buffy’s best friends for years. Buffy had met Drusilla during a cultural exchange in France, where they both attended Middle School, but they got along so well that they had kept in contact even after that, with letters, phone calls and mutual visits.
But after finishing High School, Drusilla had decided to move from Paris to Sunnydale definitively, making Buffy very happy. She had been working as a top model in a fashion agency for almost four years now. Drusilla had a special beauty, almost ethereal. Her long glossy raven black hair complimented the whiteness of her skin, but her biggest charm were her mesmerizing eyes of an indefinite colour where an intense violet dominated.

Buffy had met Angel at High School. She was a freshman when he was on his senior year. The thing about him that impressed her the most was that while all the other boys only thought about sports, he had a more introverted soul and loved spending his days drawing, painting and sculpting small objects in wood. The gorgeous brunette guy with dark and deep eyes full of mystery had attracted her at the beginning and she had impressed him as well. But one date and one kiss had been enough to make them both realize that they could have nothing more than a beautiful and sincere friendship.
Angel didn’t forsake his dreams, and after High School he had become a talented painter/sculptor and he even had a private studio, too.
He had a very bad time when it had seemed like inspiration had deserted him. But because some models pose for artists and Drusilla was a model, Buffy had the brilliant idea to introduce them, so, not only the beautiful brunette girl had brought inspiration back to him, but they also had fallen in love at first sight.

In fact, Angel and his Muse, as he liked to call Drusilla, although she liked it better whenever he called her ‘Princess’, had been living together for two years in a modest flat, not very far from Buffy and Dawn’s apartment.

Angel took Buffy inside her house, placing her on the sofa.
“Dru, this is unfair!” the blonde accused her, knowing that she had lost.
“Desperate cases call for desperate measures! And now, Elisabeth Anne Summers, are you gonna talk or do I have to hypnotize you to draw the words from your mouth?” her friend struck back.
Rolling her eyes in resignation, Buffy told them everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
“So, that worm dumped you because he felt you were distant!”
“Yes, Dru, he said it’s due to that... but I bet there was another girl... and God only knows since when!” Buffy added.
“Grrr, what a bastard, I’m gonna cast a voodoo curse over him!” Drusilla snapped, enraged.
“And I’m gonna pay a visit to him and pummel him until he looks like a Cubist portrait!” Angel swore.
“Guys, thank you, but there’s no need, I appreciate it anyway. It’s my fault, I deluded myself for all this time, because I was sure I had found the perfect boyfriend. Now I realize that he wasn’t my Prince Charming...” she explained.
“Well, I already found my Prince, and I won’t ever let him go!” Drusilla commented, holding Angel tight.
“And I couldn’t be happier, my Muse. I don’t know what I would do without you, Princess!”
And the two brunettes ended up kissing.
Buffy cleared her throat to get their attention.
“Hey, you two, it’s not very nice to snog in front of a recently heart-broken girl!”
“You’re right, sorry, Bu...” Drusilla apologized, but then she stopped, looking at her with more attention. “Hey, am I wrong... or you haven’t told us everything?”
Buffy stuttered something unintelligible, embarrassed, trying to look somewhere else. Damn Drusilla and her ability to read Buffy as if she were an open book.

“Buffyyyyyy...” Drusilla sing song. “Why don’t you tell me what’s behind that smile I’ve just seen on your lips?”
“Don’t talk nonsense, please. I’m just glad because you are here and I’ve told you everything...”

In the meantime, Angel watched silently the girl’s interaction, without minding them much, because by then he was more than used to their oddness.
“What’s his name?”
“Who?”
“C’mon, it must be a guy, no doubt about it! What? Did you meet him on the train? It could be the only explanation for your not-total-depression!”
Buffy sighed; she couldn’t do anything about that. To lie or hide something to Drusilla was just like winning six times straight at… the Russian Roulette! Just impossible!
“It’s no one!”
“So, does this no one have a name? A face...”
“It’s just a voice, Dru...”
“A voice? Do you mean that you went crazy and now you’ve started hearing voices?”
“Of course not!” she snapped, rolling her eyes. “It’s a voice I heard at a radio station, and it made me feel better!”
“Ooooh, now it’s clear! What station?”
“Forget it, Dru. I’m not gonna tell you anything, mostly because there’s nothing to say, so you don’t have to call a radio station and disturb the DJ over nothing. So, please don’t do that. I listened to his show yesterday and it made me a little bit happier, that’s it!”

Drusilla raised her hands in a sign of surrender. She knew when her friend meant ‘stop’ for real.
They chatted for a while, and then Angel and Drusilla left, allowing Buffy to do her chores before her sister came back.

TBC

We know, we know, it’s such a shame! A whole chapter without Spike, tragedy!! Who knows... maybe in the next chapter he’ll show up, eh, eh!