Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys catch the lil parts i stole from the show even if its not used in the same context and i hope you guys enjoy this. Please review cause the next chap is the last and a happy me is a typing me lol. I promise it will be done by tomorrow latest! Love y'all!
“Spike…” she said hesitantly and he quickly shut the water off muttering something underneath his breath.

“What?”

“Was nothing pet, suppose youre gonna scamper off then.” He wrapped a towel around his waist and left the bathroom.


‘Stupid, stupid man.’ He berated himself. ‘You had to blow it didn’t you? Had to push the girl.’ He sighed and layed down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

He heard a soft knock at the door.

‘Come in.”

Buffy opened the door and walked in slowly, looking at the floor. She stayed silent for a moment before speaking.

“Why?”

“Why what kitten?”

“Why do you want to be with me?” she asked, curiosity in her voice. “Im no one special”


Spike gasped, how could this amzing girl say that about her self? How could she think she wasn’t worthy of love? Love? He thought startled for a moment but their was no other way to describe his feelings.

“I love you.” He said once realisation had hit him.

“You already fucked me Spike, theres no need for sweet talk. You don’t know me, you don’t know what I am on the inside.” she said with a bitter smile but he could see faint hope in her hazel eyes and he knew he had to tell her everything.


“You listen to me. (kneels in front of her) I've been alive a bit longer than you. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong bloody calls. (looks into her eyes) In 26 years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: you. (Buffy looks away; he reaches toward her face) Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. (a tear rolls down Buffy's cheek) I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I may not have seen your kindness or your strength that much but I want to. I want to see the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.”


When he finished Buffy could only sit there open mouthed. She’d only known him for less then a week and this man was hear professing his love. It was scary. What was scarier was the fact that she felt the same. When she’d been a little girl she’d dreamed of looking into someones eyes and knowing, beyond any doubt, that this was her prince. She’d let go of that childish dream years ago and now, when it was almost forgotten, that dream had come true. She had found her knight in shining armor. She started to laugh and Spike cocked his head confused.

“Wasn’t meant to be funny pet.” He said a little hurt.

“I’m not laughing because its funny Spike.” She said gently cupping his face. “I’m laughing because I’m happy.”

“Oh” Spike whispered and he joined in. “I quess it is rather odd isn’t it kitten?”

“Two people fight, they fuck, they fall in love. Seems kinda backwards to me.”

“That it is pet, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.” He said as they kissed and where lost in the moment. A moment none of them had seen coming, a moment of true happiness.

Spike woke up with a start and grabbed his chest, looking wildly around the room before getting out of the room as fast as he could and running out of the house.



“Spike?” Buffy called out somewhat frightened. She’d woken up alone and it unnerved her. She got out of the bed and searched the house to no avail. Sitting on the couch she let the tears fall. Angel had done the same thing, left her after saying he loved her and getting what he wanted. Spike had done the very sam-

Her thoughts where cut off when Spike walked back through the door looking out of breath.

“Oh, hey luv.” He said with a smile.

“I woke up and you where gone.” She sniffed.

“Well you didn’t expect me to stay after that did you?”

“Was….was I not good?” Buffy said with a trembling lip.

“WHAT? Buffy you where incredible. Remember I told you I had to feed my neighbours dog before going to bed? Well I passed out with you and had to rush out.”

The weight lifted from Buffy’s chest and she smiled brightly, nodding her head. “Ya, I kinda forgot but I remember know.” She said as she calmed down.

“I love you.”

“I love you Buffy”

“Close your eyes.” She whispered.

He did as was told and she rammed him in the stomach hard with her finger.

“That’s for scaring me” she teased as his mouth formed an “o” of pain.

“Why you little….” Spike started chasing her as she squealed and ran into his room childishly but Spike had never seen anything so cute. ‘I will write a song about that smile’ he thought as she looked at him beaming and giggling while trying to avoid his tickling fingers.


Let me know and I’ll try to post the last chap tonight, hope you guys like it. Either way it will be done tomorrow. I don’t know if I made it obvious but at the end when she wakes up alone because Spike rushed off is supposed to be like what happened in the show after she boinked angel lol, also the finger ramming rep’s her stabbing Angel and sending him to hell…..just letting you know in case you didn’t catch it which you all most likely did lol! Love y’all!