Author's Chapter Notes:
At bottom.
~*~

As they reached the dance floor, the band struck up a new song. Buffy smiled and wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck.

I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye
And as my broken heart lies bleeding
You say true love it's suicide

You say you're cried a thousand rivers
And now you're swimming for the shore
You left me drowning in my tears
And you won't save me anymore

Now I'm praying to God you'll give me one more chance, girl


She heard Spike chuckle into her ear. “Listen, luv,” he purred. “It’s us.”

Buffy grinned. “Maybe it was us a few weeks ago, but I’m thinking we’re happy now.” She caressed the nape of his neck. “Or at least, I am.”

“Bloody hell,” was his half-groaned response. “Think ‘m about to get a happy ‘f you keep that up.”

“If I keep what up?” she asked innocently. “This?” With a twinkle in her eye that was anything but innocent, she caressed his neck again while she slid one hand down to cup his butt.

He hissed. “You’re bloody amazing, you know that?” He leaned down and kissed her, hard. “After everything—you’re still amazing.”

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you


“See, that’s way more like us,” Buffy said. “All cuddly and happy.”

He arched an eyebrow at her. “You’re quick to forget three soddin’ weeks ‘f torture, pet.”

She pouted at him. “I happen to like my delusions, thank you very much!”

“Me, too, ‘f they make you pout like that,” he purred, leaning down and catching her lip between his teeth. She sighed and kissed him.

When they broke apart he echoed her. “God, kitten. Wish we could stay like this forever.”

I know you know we're had some good times
Now they have their own hiding place
I can promise you tomorrow
But I can't buy back yesterday

And Baby you know my hands are dirty
But I wanted to be your valentine
I'll be the water when you get thirsty, baby
When you get drunk, I'll be the wine


“Why can’t we?” Buffy asked, whispering, almost afraid of his answer. They’d made up, or so it seemed, but that didn’t mean everything was perfect. “I mean, we can’t say on the dance floor forever, since the Bronze does close in a few hours, but I wanna go out with you, and we’re all with the mutual love, so chances are there’ll be lots of cuddly moments like this and I’m babbling aren’t I?” she finished, finally noting the amused expression on Spike’s face.

“Bit,” he answered, grinning. “But don’t worry,” he added, his voice dropping to a husky murmur as he nipped at her ear. “I like it.”

She shivered. “Uh-huh. Me too.” God, this perfect. Cliché, but perfect...

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you


“Love you, pet,” he whispered as they rocked together.

She smiled tremulously. Was this affecting him half so much as it was her? “I love you, too.”

She got her answer when he reached up to brush a strand of golden hair out of her eyes: his hands were trembling.

And I wan't there when you were happy
I wasn't there when you were down
I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby
I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out


Buffy placed her hand over his, gently. “I’m scared, too,” she whispered, leaning into his touch. “Actually, I’m terrified.”

“Nice to know ‘m not the only one. Feel like a wanker, though,” he admitted with a slight grin.

“Then we’re both wankers,” Buffy replied playfully. A moment later she frowned. “Wait—what’s a wanker?”

Spike’s answer was a chuckle. “A jerk or an idiot,” he defined, leaving out the part about what “wank” meant. “But—there’s so much—“ He broke off, looking frustrated. “Bugger. There’s been so much ‘ve been stupid ‘bout, so much ‘ve gotten wrong...”

Buffy knew what he meant. Their relationship wasn’t exactly conventional. Just a few months ago, they’d been complete enemies. They’d—no, she—had screwed up big time and had only fixed it tonight. And yet...

All the times he’d made her laugh, the times he’d helped her deal with her parents—even before they’d made with the face suckage, he’d always been there. She couldn’t lean on him, but her all-consuming “hate” for him was a crutch all the same.

She wouldn’t give it up for anything.

“You know?” she said, smiling wider than she’d ever have thought possible, “I completely agree.” She stopped their revolving motion and went up on tiptoes to kiss him. “But I think we got a few things right, too.”

If his attack on her lips was any indication, she thought so, too.

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you...


*

“Oh God—“ Buffy gulped, a sound that was music to Spike’s ears. “Spike, what are you doing?”

He paused in his ministrations to send her a wicked grin. “Giving thanks,” he replied before returning to the job he’d started. She looked so good—and tasted even better—that he was already close to popping.

“Oh—yes—wait—no! Here?” Buffy finished, panting.

“You got somethin’ against your room, pet?” he asked, grinning against her. He’d been looking forward to giving her room a proper christening for some time now.

“Um—no—but—ohGodohGod—my parents—“

“Are gone and will be for some time,” Spike finished for her, refraining from saying just what he thought of them, leaving their two kids alone on Thanksgiving. Well, alone in theory, at least.

“Joyce is stayin’ over at your Aunts’, an’ Hank skipped town. Dawn looked like she’d be glad to stay over at that Janice chit’s place. We’ve got the house all—to—ourselves.” He punctuated each word with a gentle kiss to her labia.

“But it’s Thanksgiving!” It was a last-ditch attempt at good-girl-ness, and given that she was thrusting her hips up into his face even as she said it, Spike was well aware of that fact.

“Your point being?” he inquired, emphasizing his point with another long lick and delighting in the delicious little shudder her body emitted.

“Aaah! Um...keep going?” Buffy suggested, gasping blissfully when he did.

Spike could almost feel his own happiness coursing through his veins. They’d gone through so much—both of them had suffered far more than could be considered normal—and it was incredible that they’d come so far. He’d been fighting his love for her since the moment he’d first seen her, all the way back in eighth grade. But now he’d finally given in.

And God, did it feel good.

~*~

A/N: See? Another chapter of fluff! Just ‘cuz I love you guys =D The song was “I’ll Be There For You” by Bon Jovi and recommended by Ashly (LJ user efulgence). *waves* Thanks hun!