Chapter 14

“All right, keep your eyes closed,” Spike whispered in Buffy’s ear, which sent shivers down her spine.

“Spike, you have your hand over my eyes,” she replied.

“Just go with me here, love.”

Buffy smiled. “Okay, my eyes are still closed.”

Spike smiled as well and led Buffy over to a special place on the beach, where the moon seemed to shine the most. “We’re here; you can open your eyes now.” He took his hand away.

Buffy looked to see a beautiful picnic set up for them on the beach. She used to love the ocean as a child, and it was even more beautiful at night. She turned to Spike. “This is perfect, thank you.”

Spike nodded and grabbed her hand, pulling her down on the blanket that he set there.

They spent the next hour eating and enjoying each other’s company.

“I don’t think I can eat anything else,” Buffy said as she held her stomach.

Spike smiled fondly at her. “Not even for dessert?”

She raised her eyebrows. “What’s for dessert?”

Spike moved closer to her and planted a kiss on her mouth.

Buffy closed her eyes and melted into his kiss, then grasped the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head, breaking contact to get the shirt off and kissing him again. When she moved to his pants, Spike pulled away, breathing heavily.

“Love, are you sure about this?”

Buffy gazed into his eyes and nodded. “I want you, Spike. I want you to make love to me.”

Spike didn’t have to be told twice as he kissed her again. He pulled her shirt off and lay her down on the blanket as he removed the rest of her clothes, then discarded his pants and positioned himself on top of her. He looked into her eyes and could see the love she felt for him. Spike kissed her lips again as he slowly entered her.

Buffy couldn’t believe how perfect he felt inside her as he started to move. She closed her eyes and squeezed him, with all the strength that she had.

Spike’s eyes rolled back, knowing he wouldn’t last if she kept doing that.

Buffy opened her eyes to look up at him after a few seconds. “I love you,” she whispered.

Spike had a look of awe on his face since that was the first time she said it. He lowered his head, licking and nibbling her smooth neck.

She moaned underneath him.

Spike started to speed up his thrusts. “God, Buffy.” He nuzzled her neck, leaving soft kisses there.

Buffy was about to let out a scream, when he kissed her again and slipped his tongue into her mouth.

They were both soon brought to release as they cried out in pleasure, hoping that no one was around to witness their lovemaking.

Spike was breathing hard as he pulled out of her and moved to her side.

Buffy rested her head against his chest and listened to his fast heartbeat.

He looked at her to see the satisfied expression on her face. “You’re amazing.”

She smiled shyly. “You’re pretty amazing yourself.”

Spike kissed her forehead and lay back down, when a thought suddenly occurred to him. “Bloody hell, we forgot about protection. I actually wasn’t expecting this to happen tonight.”

Buffy ran her fingers over his chest. “It’s okay, I’m on the pill.”

Spike sighed in relief and held her closer as they both stared up at the stars.

“It’s so beautiful here. You don’t see them like this in LA.”

Spike agreed. “No, I don’t suppose you would.”

Buffy took a deep breath. “My grandfather lives on a farm in Georgia. I remember always going there when I was little. I used to love it. I would spend forever just riding the horses. That’s the only time I ever felt free. I would spend hours at night looking up at the stars. They were so beautiful. I saw a shooting star once. I figured there was no point in making a wish. I didn’t think it would ever come true,” she said, then looked at Spike. “For the first time, I’m actually glad I moved here.”

Spike smiled and placed another kiss on her lips. “So am I, pet. I was lost before you came into my life.”

“I know the feeling.” She rested her head back on his chest and held him tighter.


* * * * *


They walked into the house later that night and were greeted by Giles, who was still awake.

“How was your evening?”

Buffy and Spike both exchanged looks before addressing the older man.

“It was good,” she said.

Spike nodded in agreement. “Yeah, we’ll just be heading up to bed now. Getting a bit knackered,” he responded, faking a yawn.

They didn’t wait for Giles to say anything else as they both went upstairs and into Spike’s room.

He closed the door once they were inside, grabbing her and attacking her lips in a loving caress.

They kissed with all the passion they had for each other, pulling away when breathing became an issue.

Spike touched his forehead to hers. “Stay with me tonight?”

“What about Giles?”

Spike moved to her ear. “We can be very quiet,” he whispered.

Buffy smiled. “Maybe you can, but I can’t make any promises.”

Spike couldn’t argue with her there, but led her over to his bed.

They both undressed and lay under the covers.

Spike pulled Buffy closer to him and kissed her forehead. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

Spike would never get tired of that and gave her another kiss on the lips.

Buffy rested her head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her and held her tighter as they both soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep.