Chapter 17

They were lying on Spike’s bed later that night, Buffy with her head against his chest.

She had tears streaming down her face.

Spike had his arms around her in comfort.

Buffy finally calmed down a bit and looked up at him. “Promise me that you’ll never leave?”

Spike’s heart was breaking when he heard the fear in her voice. He pressed a tender kiss on her lips. “I promise, sweetheart. I’ll never leave you.”

Buffy nodded and closed her eyes.

Spike could tell that she was exhausted. He kissed the top of her head and whispered in her ear. “Just rest now, everything will be okay.” He really hoped that it would be. Spike got up after a few minutes and moved away, making sure not to wake her. He left his room and headed downstairs to find his father in the kitchen.

Giles looked up at him when he walked in. “How is she?”

Spike rubbed his eyes before answering. “She finally fell asleep. Thanks for letting Buffy stay here. I don’t know what I would have done if he took her away.”

Giles nodded. “I couldn’t let that happen. She would be better off here. I know how much you love her, son. I could never deny you that. This is the first time I have ever really seen you happy.”

“She means the world to me. I never knew I could love anything this much.”

Giles smiled and placed a hand on his son’s shoulder. “I’m very proud of you, William. You’re turning into a good man. I know your mother would have been proud as well.”

Spike felt a little choked up. “I really hope so. I wish she could be here.”

Giles agreed. “Yes, so do I.”

They both remained silent after that.


* * * * *


Everyone found out the truth about Faith and Tara the next day at school, and they were all okay with it.

Xander was surprised at first, but he soon accepted it just like everyone else.

They were all sitting together at lunch, when Drusilla walked over to them.

Buffy glared at the dark haired girl and wondered what she wanted now.

Drusilla only smiled at them. “This is nice, like one big happy family. It’s enough to make me want to hurl.”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

Faith shot to her feet. “Bitch, I’ll give you something to hurl at,” she spat and was about to attack her, but Spike sat her back down.

“Don’t do anything stupid. She’s not worth it.”

Faith nodded and tried to calm down.

Tara grasped her girlfriend’s hand and gave it a comforting squeeze, which put a smile on the brunette’s face.

Buffy glared at Drusilla. “Did you want something? I think the skanks sit somewhere else.”

Drusilla graced her with a scowl. “I should be very cross with you.”

Buffy laughed. “Is that supposed to scare me? Look, you need to get over this. Spike’s not with you anymore, deal with it and find someone else that will put up with your craziness.”

Spike smiled at his girl.

Drusilla wasn’t amused. “You’re all wet, deary,” she said, then grabbed Buffy’s bottle of water and dumped it on her head.

Buffy stood up all drenched, her fists clenched at her side. “All right, that does it,” with that said, she slapped Drusilla across the face.

She yelled out and touched her stinging cheek, then grabbed Buffy’s hair.

Buffy did the same and they both started to fight each other.

The guys stood up and tried to stop it.

Xander grabbed Buffy and pulled her away, while Spike grabbed Drusilla.

Buffy was struggling in his arms.

Xander didn’t think that he would be able to hold her for much longer. “Buffy, calm down already. She’s not worth getting in trouble over.”

Buffy stopped after a moment.

Xander let her go.

She saw Drusilla stop struggling in Spike’s arms as well.

Spike then pushed her away from him. “You really are a crazy bitch. I don’t know how I put up with you for as long as I did. Stay the hell away from us, you got that? I swear, Dru. You come near her again and you will regret it.” He moved back to Buffy, taking her hand in his.

Drusilla stared at him, with a hurt look on her face. “My poor Spike. You’re so lost, not even I can help you now,” she stated, then walked away from them.

Spike sighed and turned back to Buffy. “Are you okay? Did she hurt you?”

Buffy was touched at his concern and shook her head. “Nothing I couldn’t handle.”

Faith moved over to them, a huge smile on her face. “Couldn’t have done it better myself, B.”

Buffy smiled and gave Spike’s hand a squeeze, then turned her smile on him. “You wanna get out of here?”

Spike nodded. “God, yes.” He glanced at the others. “We’ll see you guys later.”

Buffy waved to them as Spike pulled her out of there.


* * * * *


“I can’t believe you drove two hours to bring me here. Does Giles know about this?”

Spike nodded and led her to their destination. “He said it would be okay. We both think you need this. Besides, I would like to meet the woman that brought you into the world.”

Buffy gave him a smile as they finally reached the tombstone, then felt tears in her eyes when she stared at her mother’s grave. She placed the flowers down that she picked up earlier, tracing the name on the headstone. “Hey, Mom. It’s me, but I guess you already knew that. I’m sorry I haven’t been by lately and that I missed your birthday, but a lot of things have happened.” She looked up at Spike for a moment, then back at the grave. “I’m doing better now, I’m really trying. I hope that when I get older, I’ll be someone that you could be proud of. I know I have a lot to make up for. I miss you, Mommy. I just wish you could still be here. This is Spike, my boyfriend. I know that you would have liked him. He’s a really great guy and he’s going to take good care of me, so you don’t have to worry.” Buffy wiped at her eyes and touched the tombstone one more time. “I love you,” she whispered and stood up, taking Spike’s hand in hers.

He gave it a comforting squeeze.

She turned teary eyes on him.

Spike then kissed her softly on the lips.

Buffy smiled and pulled away. “Thank you for this, Spike. I mean that, thank you for everything.”

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I should be thanking you.”

“It’s your turn now. I would like to meet the woman that brought you into the world.”

Spike hadn’t visited his mother’s grave in a while, but knew that it was time. He nodded and led her over to his car.

They got in and drove back to Sunnydale, both finally being at peace in their lives. They knew that as long as they had each other, they would be able to accomplish anything. And that’s exactly what they did.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
Well, that’s my corny ending. I really didn’t know what else to do with this, so figured I should just end it. I’m glad you guys liked this one. I really did enjoy writing it. Thanks for the reviews=)