Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope this isn't too fast for you guys. I wanted to get some Spuffy action in there. There will be more soon=)
Chapter 8

A few more weeks went by and Buffy and Spike had been getting closer as friends.

Spike didn’t know how much longer he could just be her friend, though. He had feelings for her that he never felt with anyone before. Not even Drusilla, and that thought confused him. He can relate to Buffy, and Drusilla was becoming harder to handle. He was finally starting to believe those rumors about her not being all there. Spike was walking the halls with his friends and wasn’t really paying attention to what they were saying, when he saw Buffy by her locker.

She put her books in, then turned to catch him staring at her.

They locked eyes and were caught in each other’s gaze.

Buffy turned away first, with a smile on her face.

He smiled as well and tried to focus on his friends. Spike then knew what he had to do. He just didn’t think it would go very well.


* * * * *


Buffy was listening to her headphones and dancing around her room later that day. She was in her own world and didn’t even notice when Spike walked in, until he tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around, startled to see him there with a smile on his face. She took her headphones off.

“Hey, how long have you been there?”

He shrugged. “Long enough, I seem to be missing a CD. You wouldn’t happen to know where it is, would you?”

Buffy looked caught as she took the CD that she was listening to out of her player and put it back in the case. “Sorry, I was gonna give it back.”

Spike took the proffered CD from her. “That’s fine, just let me know next time.”

Buffy nodded, not knowing what else to say.

It was then that Spike noticed she was wearing very tight shorts with a tiny, tank top that showed her midriff. Her hair was up in a messy pony tail and she was sweating. He couldn’t remember ever seeing anything so beautiful. He only smiled at her as he looked at his CD. “This is another reason why I like you, Summers. You have bloody good taste in music.”

Buffy felt a little flattered by that. “You like me?” she asked, a little unsure.

Spike just wanted to show her how much, but all he did was nod. “I thought that was pretty obvious.”

Buffy shrugged and finally noticed the cut above his eye. “Spike, what happened?” she wondered, touching the wound gently.

Spike shut his eyes at the feel of her hand. He opened them again to see the concerned expression on her face. “It’s nothing; let’s just say that Drusilla can’t handle rejection well. I broke up with her.”

Buffy was stunned and dropped her hand. “Why would you do that?”

“I realized that I don’t love her as much as I used to. She’s changed and she seems even crazier than usual,” he explained, pointing to his eye.

“I’m sorry about that.”

He waved his hand in the air. “Don’t worry about it. It’s better this way.”

Buffy agreed. “Yeah, I’m sure you’ll find someone else.”

Spike nodded. “Right, I guess I’ll leave you alone now.” He walked to the door, pausing before leaving the room to look at her one more time. Spike then couldn’t take it anymore. “Sod it,” he said, moving back over to her and grabbing her around the waist. He pulled her closer to him and planted a hard kiss on her mouth.

Buffy was confused at first, but didn’t hesitate to kiss him back.

Spike picked her up, causing her to wrap her legs around him. He broke away long enough to throw her on the bed, then got on top of her and captured her lips again with his. He slipped his hand under her shirt to feel that she wasn’t wearing a bra.

Buffy’s hands moved to the bottom of his shirt, but before she could lift it up, a voice stopped them.

“What is going on in here?”

They both instantly pulled away to see Giles standing in the doorway.

Buffy was out of breath and seemed embarrassed.

Spike only smirked. “Come on, Dad. I’m sure even a man of your age can figure it out. It’s called shagging. Well, almost shagging if you didn’t interrupt us.”

Giles glared at his son. “Go to your room, William. We’ll talk about this later.”

Spike rolled his eyes and headed out of the room.

Giles smacked him on the head when he walked by.

“Ow, bloody hell!” Spike claimed, rubbing his head.

Giles turned to Buffy once he was gone. “You should get cleaned up. Dinner will be ready shortly.”

Buffy nodded and watched Giles leave the room. She let out a sigh and lay back on the bed. That could have gone better.