Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to all my reviewers and readers. Theres one chap left after this i hope you enjoyed it!!!
When they got to the shop everyone seemed ready. Tara and Willow had the ingredients they needed for the protection spells they where going to put on Spike and Buffy and everyone else and they where all geared up. Xander looked like a dorky Rambo and Buffy choked on her own laughter.

Willow saw what she was looking at and then all the girls started laughing along with the other men.

“What?” Xander yelled. He was wearing a white wifebeater and army cargo pants. Weapons and stakes hung from a sling across his chest but the real clincher was the bandana he’d folded and put around his head.

“Nothing.”Buffy said sweetly and looked at all her friends. Tonight she would save them or die trying.


Willow and Tara worked their magik and put the spell over them all. It would stop them from being hurt from punches and kicks, fangs and what not but a weapon could pierce their mojo armor no problem.

The scythe and amulet began to glow and the friends all looked at each other silently. Buffy led the way out of the shop, somehow she knew where they had to go.


They all walked in silence until they reached an opening to an underground cavern in the middle of the woods.


Spike and Buffy faced each other and both pairs of fangs protruded as if on their own. Their friends gasped as the couple bit into each others necks and drank deeply. When they where down they both growled mine in unision. Their demons where sated for now but the lovers weren’t as they embraced tenderly, both afraid to stop in case this was the last time they could.

Eventually time stopped standing still for them and they broke apart. Buffy hugged each of her friends, Willow surprised everyone as she hugged Spike as well.

“You all know what to do. If things go bad, run. The first is ours, stay away from it if you can.” Buffy ordered and marched down into the hole hand in hand with Spike.



When they all reached the bottom and their eyes adjusted to the dark everyone gasped in surprise. There across the room was another Buffy, identical down to the stylish yet affordable boots she was wearing. Ethan and Angel stood next to ‘her’ along with three vamps but man where they ugly.


Giles snarled. “Ethan you moron, what have you done?”

Ethan laughed. “Giles please, like you didn’t see this coming?”

“I know you’re evil Ethan but I never thought you would destroy the very world you live in.” Giles spat and laughed bitterly when Ethans eyes widened. “It didn’t even cross your mind did it you poof?”

With a snarl Ethan lunged at Giles and just like that the battle had begun.

Spike took on one of the uber vamps while the other Scoobies handled the other two, Buffy went after Angel first.

He had a long sword but hey, so did she. He was good, she had to admit that. They fought furiously and Angel knocked her down, kicking her sword out of her hands.

He positoned the sword above her. “Well Buffy. Take away your mom, take away your weapons, take away your hope” He saw the fear in her eyes “And what are you left with?

She had her eyes closed as he swung the sword in a high arc towards her. She caught the blade between the palms of her hands.

“Spike.” She answered and used his own sword to smash him in the face.

He stumbled back blinded by the blood that seeped into his eyes. He didn’t see Buffy get up. Didn’t see her grab her sword. Didn’t see the blade slice through his neck.

But the first saw. It saw one of its warriors turn to dust and it was pissed.

It signalled one of the uber vamps over and the creature ran to its call.

The demon dragged Buffy to a circle with the symbol of a goat on it. Buffy struggled but the vamp was too strong and she was tired. The first began to chant and the corners of the circle began to move up.

Spike and the scoobies had just dusted the two uber vamps with the help of the wicca’s magick and they all turned just in time to see it. To see Buffy impaled by her scythe, the one shed dropped while taking out her sword to fight, the one the uber vamp had picked up.

Spike fell to his knees as Buffy looked up at him, sword run through her stomach completely and sank to her knees.

“BUFFFYYYYYYYY” he yelled as he crawled over to her. The wound on her stomach had appeared on his as well. The claim they shared was strong, both where connected physically and emotionally it seemed. As Spike crawled to her he lost more and more blood, it wasn’t going to kill him but he wouldn’t be able to stay conscious much longer.


Giles pulled out a gun and aimed it at Ethan, who paled instantly.

“Ripper, you don’t have it in you.” He said shakily.

Giles sighed. “Perhaps your right Ethan, guns are a little too modern for us stuffy brits, don’t you think?”

Ethan nodded his head vigorously before falling down dead an instant later.

“A knifes much more proper don’t you agree?” Giles added before removing the blade from Ethans neck and gathering the other scoobies and going to Buffy and Spike.

Spike was almost there now, he could almost touch her. The scythe lay in a bloody pool next to her legs.

“Buffy pet, stay with me.” He urged when he saw how glassy her eyes where.

“Spike, it hurts baby.”

“Shhh now luv, don’t talk, youll be fine.”

The tears ran freely down his face as he reached out and finally touched her hand. He pulled himself next to her and lay her down beside him.

The first was still chanting and the circle they where lying on was growing brighter.

When the chant was done the first kneeled beside Buffy, it too had the wound that marked her body.

“Ow, mommy, this mortal wound is all itchy.” It taunted. “You did your best, almost put the smack down on me, what more could you want?”

Buffy looked down at Spike and started to stand.
“I want you to get out of my face.” She screamed as she grabbed the scythe and swung it at the first.

In the same instant Spike howled in agony as the amulet shone with pure light. He knew this was the end but somehow he knew that whatever was happening was gonna save his girl and he was okay with that.

“I LOVE YOU BUFFY” he yelled as the brilliant light shone through the room, blinding everyone including the first, allowing the scythe to hit its mark and slice through the evil being before everything went dark.