Author's Chapter Notes:
The song lyrics i used is Nickelbacks "Hero". Again ill be responding to evry review, so ?'s, opinions and everything else...please post there. For those of you who have reviewed i love you and thanx (love goes to all my readers as well :)
Buffy went home and walked downstairs to check it out and see what her dad had done to it. Her eyes flew open wide. It was as big as the first floor of the house. Behind the door on the left their was a laundry room and to her right a fully equipped personal gym. She walked through the door right in front of the stairs which lead to a small but beautiful bedroom. She was impressed, her dad had put a lot more money into this then she’d thought he would have.

She walked back upstairs and turned on the tv, falling asleep when Passions came on.

(Dream)

Standing in the middle of the desert in front of a fire, on the other side of the flames is a black woman crouched low with tribal ‘make-up’ on her face.

Buffy studied the woman and felt a sort of kinship with her but she was still creeped out.

“You know that really cant be good for your skin.”

“Death was your gift.”

Now she was really creeped out. “Um, eerie much?”

“Death WAS your gift,” the woman repeated, “Magicks have altered the world, path’s have been changed. You walk a new road.”

“What? I so don’t get what you’re trying to tell me.” Buffy said soflty.

The woman growled and with a bright flash dream Buffy was standing in a cemetery by a fresh grave. She read the marker ‘Buffy Anne Summers : She saved the world a lot’.

“What is this?” she yelled to no one because their was not a soul in sight..

“This WAS your gift.” A voice said from nowhere.

“So what’s my gift now?” Buffy screamed.

“Life.” The bodiless voice whispered into her ear and she woke up in a cold sweat.


“What the fuck?” Buffy whispered to the empty room and went to take a shower.


The sun had just finished setting and she was restless. It was time to go ‘talk’ to her mom.

She threw on her black leather pants and a white long -sleeved top, brushed her hair and walked into the night. She wrapped her arms around herself on the way to the graveyard, well A graveyard, Sunnydale seemed to have plenty of them. She wasn’t cold but the dream was still fresh in her mind and the words haunted her now, ‘Death WAS your gift, life IS your gift.'

‘What does it all mean? Why haven’t I had a decent nights sleep in the last five years?’ she asked herself as she searched for her mothers stone.

Finding it she kneeled down and started to clean it off. When she was done she placed a bouguet of lilies against it and sighed as tears sprang to her eyes.

“Hi mom, it’s me, Buffy. I know that youre in a better place now, that god gave to me for as long as he could and I know that your by his side right now, watching over me.”

The tears where flowing now and she could barely see through them. “I’m so sorry mommy. I wish I could have gotten better for you, for all of us before any of this happened. I know I disappointed you and daddy…..”

She couldn’t get any more words out after that and she just sat there crying for seconds, minutes, hours. She really couldn’t tell. When her eyes dried she stood up and wiped her face. “I’ll be back soon mommy.” She whispered and kissed her fingers before placing them on the tombstone.


She realised she must have been there quite a while because it was much darker than it had been when she’d arrived. She got lost trying to find her way out and was almost crying again in frustration when she saw someone and sighed in relief.

Walking over to the form in the shadows she called out to it. “Hey, any idea how to get out of this place?” she asked the man. It was a man, she could tell by his build.

“There is no way out for you tonight little lady.” The man sneered and stepped out of the darkness into a patch of moonlight.

Buffy sucked in her breath. His face was all bumpy and his teeth where fucked up just like……just like the thing that had attacked her so many years ago. The thing that was supposed to exist, the thing she'd only imagined...right?

“This cant be happening.” She mumbled.

“It is.” The creature snarled and lunged at her, knocking her down onto her back. She knew she should scream for help but she couldn’t find her voice so she went with punching instead.

The thing flew off her and rolled at least two meters away. ‘Okay Buffy, either that guy is really, really weak or something really fucked up is happening right now.’

The ‘man’ sprang to his feet with a snarl and started to circle her, sniffing the air as he did so.

She didn’t know why she didn’t run but for some reason she felt safe, strong, confident. It was like their had been something missing in the last few years of her life and she’d finally found it. She embraced the feeling whole heartedly and she smirked at the …..it?

“What are you anyway?” she asked with curiosity blatant in her voice.

“What are you?” It growled back.

“I asked you first.” She pouted.

“Vampire. Your turn.” It answered, it’s voice a hiss.


“I’m a woman, hear me roar!”she smiled and attacked. If she was gonna die it wouldn’t be without a fight, if she lived she would find out somehow what the fuck was going on.

She punched, it blocked. He kicked, she ducked. They fought for only a few minutes before she gained the upper hand, sweep kicking his legs out from under him.

Once he was down she stradled him, rabbed his neck and twisted until a disgusting CRACK filled the night air.

She jumped up in horror as the ‘vampire’ started twitching around but laughed all the while, not dying.

Just then a man came running out of seemingly nowhere with a piece of wood in his hand. He plunged it into the creature and POOF, no more twitchy, laughy thing. Just dust.

She looked up at the man. “You.” She said before fainting. Her ‘rescuer’ picked up her tiny body and started to carry her out of the graveyard, not noticing the glowing ember coming from the side of the crypt.

“Seems we have a new hero here in Sunnyhell.” The voice said out loud as it tossed it’s smoke to the ground and used it’s black boots to crush it, smelling the vanilla in the air from her body wash and smiling in spite of itself. “And a pretty one at that. It's about bloody time, I cant do this on my own anymore."



* I am so high, I can hear heaven.
I am so high. I can hear heaven.
No heaven, no heaven dont hear me.

And they say that a hero can save us.
Im not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as they all fly away.

Someone told me love will all save us.
But how can that be, look what love gave us.
A world full of killing, and blood-spilling
That world never came.*

Please let me know what you thought guys, it means a lot to get your opinions! it helps too with motivation for posting faster and suggestions are always great to get as well.