Author's Chapter Notes:
I know that things are gonna be reallyconfusing in this chap but ill explain more about Ethan in the next and i'll have a flashback to how Ethan pulled all of this off. Also there will be a flashback to when Spike sees Buffy and decides to change his ways. Dont worry the next chap will explain evrything clearly i hope.
Buffy kept her eyes shut when she woke up. She knew she was on a couch and that her clothes where still on so wherever she was chances where it wasn’t in some sex freaks house….unless he wanted her awake to hear her screams. ‘Fuck I need to get out of here.’ She felt him walking by and with deadly accuracy her hand shot out and grabbed his neck, eyes still closed.

“Miss Summers, are you awake?” a british voice asked.

“No I’m just sleep-choking moron.” She said and got up, not releasing him. “What the fuck is going on?”

He pointed to his neck and looked at her pleadingly, she let him go. “I’m stronger then you.”she said as a warning.

“I know.” He said rubbing the skin that she had been gripping and sat in the chair across from the couch.

She stayed standing as he began to talk.

“I’ve been looking for you for years, since the night you where chosen Buffy. I’m from something called the council. I’m a watcher, you’re watcher.”

“So what? You watch me all the time? What kind of kink freak are you?”

The man sighed. “You don’t understand. There are evils in this world that you are far too unaware of for someone of your status.”

“And what exactly is my status?”

“Vampire slayer.” He answered as if that explained everything. She just gave him a dirty look so he continued. “Into every generation a slayer is born. One with the strength and skills to fight the vampires and reduce the swell of evil. One girl in all the world is chosen to do this.”

“Why just one?”

“Ummmmmmm, you know I really don’t know.”

“Okay so I’m expected to believe all this?” she asked incredulously.

“Well yes, it would make things simpler.”

Buffy sat down on the couch. It would definitely explain some things. The dreams she always had, the man tonight in the graveyard, the man who had attacked her years ago and tried to kill her.

“Okay.”

“Pardon me?”

“Okay, I believe you. So what happens now? Why was I chosen and why do you keep saying you’re years too late?”

“The night you where attacked by Angelus altered the fate of the world. He was meant to be your lover, your companion, your mate so to speak.”

“You mean that asshole who bit me?”

“Um, yes. Unfortunately someone got to him before the messenger from the powers that be and he lost his soul. You where sent to an institution and hidden from the council and myself, as well as from demons, by a dark magick that cloaked your spirit.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“When you where still living in L.A there was a watcher by the name of Merrick that was sent to find you. He died never being able to inform you of your duties as a potential. When the council found out that he was gone they sent me to L.A to look for you but you where already gone. We just didn’t know where to . Then magick was used made it seem as though you had died . You where completely wiped from our ‘radar’ so to speak. We began to look for the next slayer but one was never appointed. Finally years later we found an oracle strong enough to sense you through even the strongest of spells and we found you hear in Sunnydale.”

Buffy was quiet for a moment. “Do you know what ive had to deal with for the last five years?” She finally spat out. “I was put away for being crazy cuz ‘HELLO’ vamps and creepy things only existed in my head, not in the real world. I lost five years of quality time with my mom who died thinking I was crazy” she was yelling now. “You could have looked harder, you could have searched for me. The time I lost at the Sunnydale Institution is time I’ll never get back and I’ll never get my mother back.”

She began to cry and sank to her knees in her desperation. Giles went to her and hugged her tight. “Im sorry Buffy. Im so sorry for your losses.” He repeated over and over again until the girl quieted down once more.

“Is he still alive?”

“Who?”

“Angelus.” She said with a cold voice that gave him shivers.

“Yes.”

“Not for long.” She stood up and wiped her tears. ‘This is for you mom’ she said silently and looked at the man.

“What’s your name?”

“Rupert Giles.”

“Well Giles, let the lessons begin.”

She was gonna find him and she was gonna kill him. Hed stolen the only precious time that she’d had left with her mother and he was gonna hurt for it.

“First things first Buffy, what do you know about an Ethan Rayne?”

“He was my doctor. What does he have to do with this?”

“He was the one that used the magick to hide you, the one that changed the path of your fate.”

Buffy snarled. She’d always hated that creepy little fucker.

“Thankfully he changed it for the better hopefully.” Giles continued. “You see Buffy it was written in fate that you where going to die saving the world. It seems that now life is your gift though where not too clear as to what exactly that means.”

“You know im tired of hearing that.”

“Someone else has told you this?” the man asked intrigued.

“Nope, just my dreams.”

“Interesting.” He said cleaning his glasses. “Now, shall we begin?”









“Fancy meeting you here mate.” Spike said with a smirk.

“It’s been a long time my boy.”

“I’m not your boy you poof.”

“Your right Spike. But you used to be. You used to kill by my side but now you fight for good, for humans and puppies and all that bullshit.”

“Your wrong Angel, I fight for only one thing.”

“And whats that?”

“For her.” Spike said with a smile remembering the girl whistler had pointed out to him in L.A one night. He’d been walking through an alleyway fresh from a kill when a half breed had approached him. Told him he was a messenger from the powers that be and that he should follow him. Being in a good mood and full, even though he’d be hungry in a hour since he had eaten chinesse, Spike followed the strange little man and what he’d seen had changed his life forever. All the part demon had done was pointed out a girl walking home with her friends but it had been enough. As he had watched her talking and laughing so carefree and full of spirit he felt something go through him that he couldn’t describe, but it was more powerful then the demon that raged inside him. He turned to the half breed called Whistler and said simply. “I want to help her.” But Angelus had killed her years ago, he had failed her. He had followed her to Sunnydale when she’d moved and he had been the one to stop Angel from draining her dry, the one who had brought her to the hospital. But none of it had helped. The slayer had been slayed on her first night chosen. The Doctor, Ethan Rayne, had told him moments later after exiting her room that she was gone. Still he fought for her memory.

They fought each other roughly until it was close to sun up. Neither one gaining the upper hand. Finally Angel raised his hands and stepped back, turning to leave.

“I’ll see you around Spike, since the slayers back I’ll be here for awhile.”

“I wont let you get this one Angel.” He yelled to the retreating form.






Sorry to cut you guys off their when its stll so confusing but if you read the authors note you'll see why. Any ?'s or comments? If so please leave a review :)