Author's Chapter Notes:
Read and see and if your still confused leave a remark in the review area and ill reply :) love ya guys! Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, in the next chap ill be possting the names of everyone whos reviewed as a thank you :)
(This chap is flashbacks to how Spike ended up being good, how Angel lost his soul and why ethan had the power to hide her from everyone)


Ethan sat in a room with black candles lit, speaking in ancient summarian. After a moment smoke filled the room in the shape of a man.

“Great one, I plead with you. Hear me out.”

“Speak mortal.” It hissed.

“I have called you forth to ask for your help.”

“You dare presume that I, the first evil, will help the likes of you?” it bellowed.

Ethan shook with fear but continued on. “I will be your slave if you grant me one thing. Power.” The selfish glint in his eye made the first think.

“There is a force approaching that will stop me from gaining a foothold into this world, it’s blood will be my undoing and the undoing of evil everywhere.”

“I’ll kill it for you, in return for power.” Ethan stressed again.

The first saw its own evil in this man and nodded. “No, you will not kill it. It musnt be killed just yet, I have plans for it. I need it stalled.”

“Let me do it my lord.”

“Fine. I will grant you what you ask of me in return for your assistance human. But you must abide by my every will when I so desire or you will be destroyed..”

Ethan nodded his head eagerly and the black smoke entered his body, enhancing his entire being. His eyes went jet black for a moment before returning to their natural color as the first exited him.

“You must use the magik I have endowed you with to hide the girl. A Buffy Summers, you must make the watchers council believe she is dead, she must be hidden from them at all costs.”

“How did you know about the watchers council and that I was a part of it?” he asked confused.

“Fool” it roared, “I have seen everything that has passed and all that will come to pass, my eyes are everywhere.”

Ethan lowered his head. “So what do you want me to do?”

“Take her away from everyone that loves her, she will find strength in that and so it must be ripped from her.”

Ethan being the sick bastard that he was had the perfect plan. Now he just had to get it started. Especially now that he had the power to do so. Power had been the only thing he’d ever truly wanted, and the price was not large in his selfish eyes.




Ethan walked up to the vampire in the shadows that had been trying to eat a rat.

“You’re disgusting.” He spat out. “What happened to Angelous, scurge of Europe?”

“He got a soul.” Angel said quietly.

“Well things change don’t they?” Ethan said laughing as he put his hands to Angels head and ripped the soul right from him.

Angelus stood up and snarled but sensed the waves of power coming from the man. Even he was scared of it.

“Your welcome, now follow me. We have some things to discuss.”




Whistler walked into the alley moments later but didn’t see Angel where the powers had told him to find him. He heard a scream and ran towards it, running into a bleached haired vampire in the process.

Voices filled Whistlers head : “Destiny has been changed, show this one instead.”

“It is too late for Angel but this one may be of value. Show him the girl, we will do what we can.”



Whistler brought Spike to the edge of the lane and pointed out a group of highschool children. “What do you see?” he asked the vampire.

Spike counted 3 people so he answered “Breakfast, lunch and supper. Why?”

Whistler sighed. “Look harder.”

Spike looked again and his gaze fell onto a girl with golden hair that fell down her back and a smile that lit up the night sky. He couldn’t help but stare. As he watched something went through him, almost like a surge and for a split second his heart beat. But only for a second before the voices started in his head. He sank to his knees as he listened.

“You felt it, what you could have, what you will have if you help this girl, she must survive.”

“You can be mortal and live your days to the end with her if you keep her safe, protect her.”


“I want to.” Spike whispered out loud and it wasn’t for their promises or their words, it was for her. William the man would have written books for this beautiful girl in front of him, William would have fallen in love with her immediately and therefore a part of Spike did that night as he watched his sunshine from the shadows. She’d given him light and he would always protect her for that, wether or not he would become human for his actions.


He stood up and walked away with the half breed Whistler, looking back once but she was already gone.






He followed her to Sunnydale when her and her family moved, happy that she wouldn’t be seeing that idiot Pike any longer. What kind of name was Pike anyway. Spike was so much better!

He followed her out one night as was his habit and he walked into the Bronze shortly after she did. He watched her dance and sway and was hypnotized by her movement. He knew that tonight she would be chosen, Whistler and The Powers that Be had explained that to him.

He turned around for a moment to stake a vamp that was attacking a girl on the balcony and took the girl to her friends. When he looked back she was already gone. He ran down the steps and out the door when it hit him. Angels scent. He took off following the signature smell that was his grandfathers, he knew he was soulless and sadistic.

His heart would have stopped beating if it was working when he got to the graveyard. Buffy was limp in Angels arms and she was covered in blood. With a roar Spike lunged at Angel and tried to stake him but Angel dropped Buffy and fled. (After all Ethan had demanded that the girl stay alive for future purposes, his job was done here)

Spike scooped up the girl and could hear how faint her heartbeat was as he raced towards the hospital. When he got there he ran in and screamed for help.

A man came rushing up and took her away from Spike into a room. The man emerged from the room moments later.

“What happened to her?”

“Is she alright Dr Rayne?” Spike begged after seeing the mans nametag.

“She’s gone.”

“No.”

“I’m sorry sir, but she died at 12:46 am from loss of blood.”

Spike turned and fled the hospital, tears streaming his face.


Ethan watched the vampire run from the place and smiled. “Stupid vamp.” He said with a smirk and with a snap of his fingers he was gone, a different doctor standing in his place.

‘I feel strange’ Dr. Phil said to himself as he looked at his clipboard and saw that his new patient Buffy Summers needed blood stat. ‘Feels like I wasn’t quite myself for a moment there’ but he shook those thoughts away as he went in search of a nurse.


Buffy woke up and saw her friends and family standing around her. She started to mumble about vampires and other crazy things. Joyce and Hank left the room and went in search of a doctor.

“excuse me.” Joyce said to one that was standing close by.

“Yes?”

She explained what Buffy was going through and what she was saying and he recommended an institution where he worked as well. He would see to it that she was taken care of properly.

Hank took the doctors card and offered his thanks, Joyce could only cry. They where gonna have to commit their baby and it broke her heart. No one seemed to notice that the doctor Joyce and Hank had been talking to was gone and in his place a very disturbed Dr Phil.




Okay, I hope this helps everyone a little, it helps me lol. Just so you know the first recruited Ethan and gave him the power to do anything he had to to get Buffy away from everyone and keep her alive. If her blood spills it’s the firsts undoing for now, later the first will want her dead. The powers that be think they can salvage Buffys path even though its been altered. That sums it up I think. So this is it : Buffy needs to stay alive but for two diff reasons, one for evil, one for good. Keep your fingers crossed for good guys lol

By the way im well aware that this chap sucks lol so dont be too cruel :)