Author's Chapter Notes:
Any ?'s or comments...leave a review and ill respond. Hope you all like the update! Love ya!
Okay this chap takes up right after the second one, when Spike and Angel have their confrontation. The last chap was just to make things clear. Now that that’s said I have a special thanx to give to my reviewers. I love you guys so much, you’re the reason I write (well for the readers too). Whenever I open a review I get so happy and it encourages me. So heres an I love you to all my inspirations : Panta_Rei, CordyKitten, Crystal Pegasus, Seraiza, Shanbits, BuffyandSpikeforever, Bloodshedbaby, melissa g!!!! You guys rock.

I hope everyone likes this one….here we go!


Buffy had passed out after about 6 hours of reading with Giles. The man had been impressed. She had caught on quickly and seemed to retain everything he’d told her. He’d started with the ways to kill them. He never wanted to see another thing twitch the way the vamp had from the night before. It was almost sunset and she’d been sleeping long enough. He shook the sleeping form on his couch and she opened sleepy eyes.

“Morning.” She mumbled.

“Night time actually.”he said with a smile as she jumped from the couch. She was already growing on him, he didn’t have children of his own but if he did he’d want them to have her courage and strength. Not the slaying kind of strength either, the inner strength she had. All things considered she was adapting to her “new life” rather quickly. She just needed to work on her fighting skills. Thankfully it really only took one good fight for a slayer to enhance their abilities, a so called gift from the shadow men who had never really thought about the “what if she doesn’t win the first fight” aspect of the deal.

“ I think it would be best if you patrolled alone tonight Buffy.”

“What?” she almost yelled as her eyes popped.

“I’ll stand outside of the cemetery, you’ll just have to yell if something doesn’t feel right and ill come to your aid. It would be best for you to try slaying on your own. You’ll have to learn quick to stay alive.”

Buffy nodded. His reasoning made sense and she really didn’t want to die. Knowing he would be there she knew she would be okay tonight.

She went home to shower and change and headed to the cemetery for nine o’clock to meet wit her watcher.

They went over the do’s and don’t’s and shortly after she was strolling the graves, trying to find a fresh one.

She came across one that had dirt scattered everywhere and mentally “uh oh-ed” just as someone grabbed her from behind.

Letting her slayer/survival instincts take over she head butted the vamp (it had to be a vamp with the grip it had on her) and dashed out of it’s arms.

She turned around to face her attacker…..and laughed.

“Okay, I know your dead and all but your fresh dead. So how does that explain your “been dead for thirty years haircut”?”

The guy had a pure beatles do and she couldn’t take him seriously and snickered out loud again.

“Bitch” it said angrily and lunged at her again. She stoped him in mid air with a roundhouse kick that jet lee would have gawked at and the second he fell there was a piece of wood in his heart.

“Now watch your mouth young man, you’re only like what? An hour old?” and with that it was dust.

She jumped up and down like a cheerleader giving herself mental “hoo-rahs” when she heard a clapping noise. Turning around partially she froze.

It was the man of her dreams literally. She’d seen his face countless times in her dreams but never more then flashes. If there ever was a god, it was in this specimen. Bleached blond hair that was slicked back 50’s style, the bluest eyes she’d ever seen and cheekbones that could make any girl faint if they didn’t have super powers. Decked out in black jeans, black top and a black leather duster that fell almost to his ankles he was a vision. She could have done with out the smoke in his mouth but he even made cancer look good.

And then he spoke and she knew he was evil.

No one is allowed to be that hot and have a sexy accent. It was just too much to handle.

“First kill pet?”

“Who are you?”

“Blunt are we?” he said with a little laugh.

She faced him fully with a sarcastic comment ready to slip out but it disappeared when he saw her face and sunk to his knees. He looked…..shocked to say the very least.

“You’re…alive.”

“Um, ya.”

He still sat there, almost catatonic and Buffy approached him.

“Why wouldn’t I be……”

“Spike” he whispered, “m’name is Spike.”

He tentatively reached a hand to her face and for reasons she didn’t understand she let him. The moment his skin touched hers they drifted closer each other.

Only centimetres apart Spike held an un-needed breath. She was alive and well. She wasn’t gone, she was here, in front of him but he still wouldn’t let himself believe it.

“Are you okay?” she whispered.

She put her hand to his neck to see if he was breathing, it looked like his heart had stopped when he’d seen her.

No pulse she realised but didn’t move or run.

“So cold.” She whispered again. She put his hand over his heart.

“No heartbeat” she said softly. She took her stake out of her pocket and his eyes widened but he didn’t move, didn’t try to grab it. She placed it next to her on the grass, never letting her eyes stray from his face.


He put his hand over hers and looked into her eyes.

“You’re heart doesn’t work.” She stated simply, knowing he was a vamp.

“No, it just doesn’t beat.” He answered, when she lifted an eyebrow in confusion he took their hands and placed it over her own beating heart.

“It still works Slayer, but you have it.”

She didn’t care that this was a vamp, there was definitely some sort of connection between them. She nodded her head in understanding, she knew that he cared for her but why and to what extent she didn’t know.. He looked so familiar, like they’d met somewhere before but she couldn’t place where or when, and she wasn’t talking about in her dreams.

She stood up and brushed off her pants. “I’ll be here tomorrow at around the same time, maybe you can explain how you seem to know me?”

“I’ll be there Slayer, wear black again, suits you.” He said with a slight smirk.

“Well see Spike.” She said and walked away, leaving him still on his knees. ‘Maybe you could take advantage of that position Buffy…..BAD BUFFY you don’t even know him…..or do you?’she asked herself as she went to meet Giles to report back to him. It was hard not to turn around and stay with him, it was like there was a force trying to keep her next to him, but if she had she would have seen the smirk he’d been wearing turn into a full fledged grin.

He could smell her arousal.


Sorry its such a short chap but I have to do some stuff. I’ll try to post again later. In the next chap Giles will tell Buffy about Spike (what he knows at least) and whistler will show up as a messenger from the ptb to explain everything he can to them (how buffy was hidden, what happened to Spike and Angel……blah blah blah.)

Please review and let me know J