Author's Chapter Notes:
bottom...
“Hey Wills. Im glad you could make it. You too Xander, I missed you so much.” She said giving them both huge hugs.

“I missed you too Buffster. So um, why did you wanna meet in the cemetery after dark?”

“Because I have something to show you guys. You wouldn’t believe it if I used words. Oh, is your new girlfriend Anya coming?”

“Ya, there she is right now.”

They turned around and saw a pretty brunette walking towards them, she introduced herself to Buffy, said hi to Willow and practically raped Xander with her tongue.

“Um, sweetie? Remember that talk we had about things we do in private?”

“I know, but I felt the immense need to mark my territory.” Anya said and stared at Buffy.

She had seen this girl in her dreams before and Whistler had confirmed that what she’d seen was correct.

“How old are you?” Buffy asked slyly.

“22 years old.”

“How old are you really….Anyanka?”

Anya sighed and looked at Xander. This new girl new what she used to be and their was no use hiding it anymore.

“1120.”

Willow and Xander laughed while Buffy only nodded.

“Human now?”

“Ya my amulet got smashed a few years back which took away my demon powers and immortality. Its how I met Xander.” She reached for his hand but he shied away.

“WHAT? WHAT THE GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY IS GOING ON? THIS ISNT FUNNY.”

“No, it’s not Xander.” Buffy said. “Remember that thing that attacked me but doesn’t really exist?”

“Ya the vampire thingy you talked about for a while before the doctor cured you? Willow, why are you so pale?”

Buffy answered for her redheaded friend. “there’s one right behind you.”

Xander turned slowly and saw fangs. He screamed like a little girl and Buffy went into slayer mode. She kicked the things ass swiftly and dusted it.

“So, all in favor of me not being sent to an asylum for thinking their real say aye.”

Everyone said aye and Xander promptly passed out.

It took a few minutes but he woke up when Anya pinched his nipple.

“Ow” he yelped.


They all went back to Buffys and she explained everything. Willow came out of the closet admitting she was a witch and she practiced white magik with her girlfriend Tara. Anya told them all a bit more about herself and Xander had gone from shocked, to pissed, to scared and surprisingly to okay with it all. He really loved her more then anything.

Willow and Xander gushed out apologies for not believing her years ago especially when Willow had found out magick was real, she felt bad about not realising that demons could be too.

Anya and Xander left to go sort things out between them, Buffy knew they where going to have a hard time but the love they shared was so clear that she knew they’d overcome it. He was a demon magnet anyway, he’d had Harmony Kendall and Cordelia Chase chasing after him during highschool so she thought that Anya was a good step up from those two.


When she was finally alone she showered and changed, putting on black joggers and a black tank.

She ran to the cemetery and was proud to realise she wasn’t out of breath after the 10 minute mad dash.

There he was. Smoking a cigarette in a black wifebeater and black jeans. It was too muggy for even a vampire to wear a coat. But now she could see his too well defined arms and she couldn’t think straight.

“Slayer.” He greeted.

“Slayer.” He repeated when she didn’t answer and waved a hand in front of her face.

She laughed when she realised shed been zoning.

“So you want my tight body then?”

There it was. That smile she would kill for….well, kill a demon for at least, not a human!

“I don’t know you.”

“Why would that change the fact that you want me?”

“It doesn’t….I mean I don’t…..want you….”

He was full out laughing at her now and she blushed. He thought it was adorable.

She spoke again. “Okay, maybe I do want you but that’s not what we’re here to discuss.”

“Right then, lets talk shall we?” In his head he was doing cartwheels at her admission of wanting him.


They sat down in the grass, closer then a slayer and a vamp should be sitting but it didn’t seem to matter to them. After Buffy told him about all the magicks that had been used to conceal her from everyone that would be able to tell her off her destiny she turned and asked….

“Why does it feel like I know you? I know that where kinda drawn to each other because your sort of my protector from the ptb’s but…”

Spike cut her off. “That’s not why im here Buffy. Im here because the second I saw you it was like seeing the sun, only I didn’t burn, I didn’t die. I came alive for the first time in my entire existence. I know that this wasn’t the way things where supposed to be but im grateful that it all turned out this way. I don’t know how I would have lived forever without ever knowing you existed.”

Buffy gasped. She’d never heard such beautiful words. Still things weren’t adding up just yet.

“Okay so weve established that youre hot for me too” this earned her a smile from his luscious lips “but why don’t you feed? Why are you good?”

Spike sighed, he felt like William again but if it meant he could get closer to this girl hed tell her everything truthfully.

“I do feed but from the butchers. I buy bags of blood. And I’m good because…because….”

She knew it must be hard for him to open up so she took his hand in hers and squeezed.

Spikes eyes involuntarily watered. “Im good because I was lucky enough to have seen the only reason I should be, you.”

She gripped his hand even harder as her eyes began to water too. “Spike, the way I feel about you. I don’t think its just because the powers that be decided we where “meant to be”, I think it goes farther than that. It’s something I feel here.” She put his hand over her heart.

“All that the ptb’s did love was bring me to you, the rest I did on my own. They have nothing to do with the fact that I care for you. As for you its probably just built in slayer feelings, you know. ‘Kill the vamp, dust the vamp, bad vamp’ and all that rot”

“What about kiss the vamp?” she asked softly.

Spike tore his hand away from her and his mouth hung open in shock. “What?”

“What I feel for you goes beyond my slayer instincts Spike. The slayer in me doesn’t even want to fight you, it wants to hold you……So um, anyway, the ptb’s promised you youd be human again if you helped them?”

“Ya, but that’s just a bonus pet.”

“What do you mean? You must miss being human, what could be better then that?”

“Sitting here with you.”

She leaned in and kissed him, shocking them both. Spikes thoughts whirled through his head. When the powers that be had told him if he helped them he would become human and be able to live out the rest of his days with Buffy he had assumed as friends. Then he had believed her dead and it had ripped him apart. Then she was back and she was okay with him, seemed to like him even, then her tongue was in his mouth…..wait, tongue in his mouth. ‘Naughty slayer’ he thought and growled as their kiss deepened and he let himself get lost in the feel of this beautiful girl, his salvation in the form of a woman.




In this fic things are gonna move pretty quickly between the two of them but youll see why later, its not "just because", its something that i hope will shock everyone. The next chap is gonna be angsty but the one after that will be the musical which is a little angsty but it will end with Spuffyness :). Please keep the reviews coming, i love em and all you guys!!!