Author's Chapter Notes:
at the bottom
Buffy and Spike where fighting as was their nightly routine and she was thinking. ‘Why haven’t I pursued our relationship? Why have I been holding back? I want him, he wants me, its that simple right?’ But she knew in the back of her mind that no one except the two of them would be okay with this and shed have to talk to her friends gently about how she felt.

Two months passed and every day Buffy and Spike grew closer. He trained her nightly and held nothing back. Her skills grew in leaps and bounds and now he didn’t think he could beat her if his life depended on it. She was a natural spitfire. Nothing more ‘personal’ happened between them since their first kiss. Spike didn’t know why but he knew that the ball was in her court, he would never push her for anything.

Together with the help of what they now called “the scoobies”, which consisted of willow and Tara, Xander and Anya (who where now engaged), Giles, Buffy and Spike, they’d already averted two apocalypses.

Spike was too lost in thought and didn’t block the tiny hand that flew into his face in time. He fell back from the force and let out a yelp.

“Bloody hell slayer, you almost broke my nose!”

“Well you should have been paying more attention.” She said angrily.

“What the hell is wrong with you Buffy? I KNOW its not that time of the month so whats got your knickers in a twist then?”

“How do you know?”

He pointed to his nose.

“That’s fucken gross Spike. So I bore you know?”

“WHAT? When the bleedin hell did I say that?”

“Well you obviously weren’t into the fight, so where you thinking about someone else?”

She was pouting now. He stood up and brushed himself off.

“I was thinking about how much stronger you’ve become, stronger then any slayer I’ve ever faced.”

“Oh, well im sorry for snapping.” Buffy said shyly.

“AND for punching my nose!”

“Nope, not sorry for that!” she said giggling and tore off at full speed.

With an amused growl he chased after her.

She was swerving in and out of tombstones and making these cute little squealing noises. It made his heart swell, well as much as a dead one could.

He finally caught her and tackled her to the ground, pinning her underneath his body.

Her chest was heaving from the excitement and her face was lightly flushed, her smile was almost ear to ear.

“You look like an angel pet.” He said softly and wiped a stray strand of hair away from her eyes.

Her hand cupped his face and she ran her thumb across his bottom lip, he playfully nipped at it and she fake pouted.

“Lookit that lip, gonna get it.” He growled.

“I dare you too.” Her voice was so seductively mischevious that he couldn’t deny the invite.

He leaned in and pulled her bottom lip into his mouth and bit gently, earning him a gasp. He smiled as she slammed her mouth to his eagerly.

Tongues stroked, teeth nipped, hands roamed and then someone coughed.

Spike jumped up and pulled her to her feet when they noticed the other scoobies there.

“What the fuck is going on Buffy?” Xander screeched. “Why are you making out with deadboy?”

Buffy saw red. “Who the fuck do you think you are Xander. Don’t you ever call him tht again. He has a name and hes saved your ass enough times to have your respect. By the way have you forgotten that your fiancée used to be a demon?”

“Used to be Buffy, isn’t anymore. Remember?” Shed hurt his feelings, it was evident in his tone. ‘Good’ she thought.

“Ya which makes everything she did to the human species from disembowelment to massacre okay? I don’t think so!”

Xander looked away and Buffy glared at the others.

Giles was the second to speak. “We need to have a talk young lady.”he said quietly.

She turned without saying a word to anyone, including Spike and walked away to go to the magick box. It was Tara’s withcraft store and its where they always met to research and stuff. She knew the others would follow. Only not everyone did, she didn’t turn around so she couldn’t see the hurt on Spikes face. He’d thought he was accepted among them but now he thought he was wrong.

‘At least she defended me’ William was thinking while the demon was thinking ‘Why didn’t she stay by my side?’






Buffy sat there and the tears threatened to fall. The man she considered more of a father then her biological one had just told her it was forbidden for her to see a vampire, no matter how good they seemed. Her two best friends had acted disgusted at the mere thought of her being with him. Thankfully Tara and Anya hadn’t said a word, she wouldn’t have been able to handle it.

She stood up and looked at everyone coldly. Fuck the whole ‘go gentle with them’ idea shed had earlier that night. They’d pissed her off.

“You people are all hypocrites. You all say you love me and want whats best for me but you tell me I cant have what makes me happy. Im the slayer, the chosen one. Im not gonna live long, im out there every night fighting off death and one day death is gonna win.”

She waited for that to sink in and she continued. “I spent a huge chunk of my life thinking I was crazy and locked up and now that im free what do you guys do?”

No one answered. “You take away my freedom. You take away the one thing that makes it okay knowing I was born to die young, born to save the world, born to fight all kinds of evils that shouldn’t exist. And I do it for you, all of you, my loved ones, my supposed friends, my family.”

The look on her friends faces where apologetic. She didn’t care if they where sorry though, she wasn’t done yet.

“Willow, you still thought I was crazy after finding out that magick and all kinds of weird things existed. But it didn’t cross your mind once that what I saw was real. Xander, your fucken engaged to an ex demon, who are you to judge me. Don’t get me wrong, I love you Anya, but what you used to do was horrible, worse even then what Spike has done. So why do you think he’s evil Xan? It didn’t take him getting some stupid amulet smashed to want to be good, he did that all himself. And you!” she said looking at Giles.

“You more then anyone know how hard it is to be the slayer. You’ve read their books and their journals. Are you so selfish that you will ‘forbid me’ to see Spike for whatever time I have left in this world? You all make me sick right now. Im leaving.”

She stormed off leaving them all alone to absorb what she’d just said and went to find Spike.








Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, i love you guys. Okay the next chap is the musical in which i've chaged the lyrics to the actual songs from the show slightly to fit my fic, i hope you guys will like it. Please leave a review (?'s or comments ill answer each one) and ill try to post the next chap tonight if i can :)