Chapter 11

“So, you made us think that only one of us was going to become human and that you were supposed to choose who it was?” Angel asked her.

“Right, I just wanted to have some fun with that.” She told them with a smile and they weren’t amused.

“You hear that, Spike? She wanted to have some fun. Did you have fun?” Angel asked Spike who shook his head.

“No, can’t say that I did.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Come on, lighten up. I was just getting you back for keeping his return a secret.” She said as she pointed at Spike. “It was just a joke.” Angel and Spike both crossed their arms over their chests and looked at her.

“I think we better teach her a lesson.” Spike said as he looked at Angel.

“I think you’re right.” Angel replied as they both started to walk closer to her and Buffy kept taking a step back.

“Okay, maybe we could just talk about this. You guys don’t want to do anything stupid, do you? I mean come on, I was only kidding.” They kept moving toward her with smirks on their faces and Buffy gulped. “Oh, crap.” She said as they moved closer.


* * * * *


Dawn and Connor were talking outside Angel’s office, when they heard Buffy scream. They looked at each other and then went to Angel’s office. They opened the door and weren’t prepared for what they saw. Buffy was on the floor with Angel and Spike on top of her and it looked like they were tickling her. She kept laughing and tried to push them away. “Stop, this isn’t fair!” She exclaimed and Dawn cleared her throat. They all stopped to look at her.

“God, you guys act like kids. We thought you were killing Buffy in here or something.” They stood up and Spike pulled Buffy to her feet.

“They were trying to tickle me to death.” Buffy said and Dawn rolled her eyes. They all knew how ticklish her sister was.

“I’m sure you had it coming.” Dawn said as she left the office with Connor right behind her, who was trying not to smile the whole time. Buffy pouted when Dawn left and looked at the two vampires.

“You guys are evil.” She said and Spike smiled and put his arm around her.

“You better believe it, baby.” He said as he kissed her on the lips. Angel grew serious again when he thought about what he needed to do.

“Why don’t you two get out of here? Go be alone; I have something I have to do.” Buffy looked concerned for a second and Spike just smiled as he pulled her out of there. Angel watched them go and rubbed his face. He didn’t know how he was going to do it, but he was going to have a word with the Powers.


* * * * *


“Why does this have to happen to her? She’s had enough to deal with in her life. She doesn’t need this, too.” Angel was saying as he paced back and forth in his office.

“Calm down, Angel. It might help if you stopped doing that, you’re making me dizzy.” Angel stopped and glared at the demon.

“I want to know why she couldn’t be left alone?” Whistler put his hands up when he saw the look on Angel’s face.

“Hey, don’t kill the messenger. I didn’t make her what she is, I’m just her guide. I’m only here to look out for her and make sure she gets you two on track. It was her choice, Angel. She chose to come back. Would you rather have her dead right now?” Angel shook his head.

“Of course not, but this isn’t fair either. She was supposed to have a normal life now or at least something close to one. Now that she’s not the only Slayer out there. She had a chance to go back to Heaven. I know how happy she was there.” He explained.

“A few years ago, Buffy would have welcomed death. We both know that, hell she died saving the world because it was what she wanted. Things are different now, Angel. Buffy doesn’t wanna die; she realizes that she has a lot to live for.” Angel crossed his arms over his chest.

“She came back for Spike.” He said and Whistler rolled his eyes.

“It wasn’t only about him. She came back because she knew that she would help save the world again and it’s what she’s meant to do. She gave up having a normal life a long time ago, Angel. She knows it’s never gonna happen and she’s accepted it. You have to accept it, too.” Angel shook his head again.

“Why give her the visions? I saw how much they tortured Cordy and I won’t have Buffy go through that.” He stated.

“Buffy is a little more than human. She can handle the visions. They will hurt, but they won’t kill her. She’s strong, just like Cordelia was. You have to believe in her, Angel.” Angel nodded.

“I do, I just don’t want anything to happen to her.” Whistler put his hand on Angel’s shoulder.

“I know you don’t wanna hear this, but you have to let her go. Spike is her champion now. You worry about being everyone else’s. The world needs you.” Angel thought about what he said and nodded. Whistler removed his hand. “Take care, Angel. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” He told him with a wink and Angel smiled at that.

“Thanks,” he replied and then Whistler was gone.