Chapter 12

Buffy and Spike were kissing on the bed in her room, when Spike pulled away to let her breathe. “I still can’t believe you’re here.” He told her and she smiled at him.

“Yeah, I could say the same about you.” Spike cupped her cheek.

“You’re staying here, right?” Buffy looked into his eyes and nodded.

“I’m not going anywhere.” She said and Spike smiled as he kissed her again.


* * * * *


They were holding hands when they went downstairs later that night. Angel was starting to get used to seeing them together, but he still didn’t have to like it. He noticed that his son was hanging around more lately and he had a feeling it had something to do with Dawn. Harmony saw Spike and Buffy together and rolled her eyes as she got back to what she was doing. Buffy left his side to talk with Dawn because they haven’t really talked since she got there and Buffy felt that she needed to talk to her sister. Angel was talking with Spike and trying to get along with him. He kept his eyes on Buffy though because he was worried about her. He then noticed that her eyes seemed to close and that a grimace was on her face. Angel knew that look. He ran to her side and caught her as a vision went through her head. She grabbed her skull and screamed, until the pain went away. Spike then came to her side as the vision stopped. “Is she okay?” Spike asked and Angel looked at him and then back at Buffy. Dawn just stood there with a worried expression on her face.

“Buffy, what did you see?” Angel asked her. Buffy kept her eyes closed and put her face in her hands. When she raised her head again to look at them, they noticed tears in her eyes.

“It’s too late.” She whispered as she looked at the concerned faces around her. “There was a girl. She was torn apart by a demon. I could feel what she was going through. God, she was so scared.” Buffy said as the tears fell down her face. “She’s already gone. Why would they send me a vision too late? How was I supposed to help her?” Buffy said as she put her head back in her hands. Angel helped her up and wrapped his arm around her to keep her from falling.

“Come on; let’s get you something to drink.” He said as he walked her toward his office. Spike turned to look at Dawn, who was quiet the whole time.

“Dawn, could you find some aspirin around here?” Dawn just nodded and did as he said, while Spike followed Buffy and Angel. He was really starting to worry about Buffy. He wondered if this was just too much for her. He walked into Angel’s office to see Buffy sitting down with a glass of water in her hands which were shaking. Spike went to her side and brushed the hair out of her face. She looked too pale for his liking. Buffy then raised her eyes and looked at Angel.

“How did Cordelia handle this?” She asked.

“She didn’t really, the visions almost killed her.” He explained.

“Thanks, that really helps.” Buffy replied.

“I mean that the visions were really hard for her, but she managed them and so will you. You’re strong, Buffy. They wouldn’t have chosen you for this if they didn’t think you could handle it.” Buffy groaned and put her head back in her hands. Spike wrapped his arms around her and she turned and rested her head on his chest. He held her and kissed the top of her head. Angel was watching them, when Dawn walked in with a bottle of aspirin. She put it down and walked over to her sister and Spike. She wrapped her arms around Buffy and Spike held on to Dawn also. It has been a while since the three of them have been together. Angel couldn’t believe how much they looked like a family. It made him think about when he, Cordelia, and Connor were like a family. He really missed that.


* * * * *


“So, you were really a blob of green energy that was made into a human and put on this Earth a few years ago?” Connor asked Dawn the next day, after she finished telling him about herself.

“Yep, that’s pretty much it. I know it’s a lot to take in and it doesn’t make much sense.” Connor smiled at her.

“Actually it’s pretty cool. We have more in common than I thought.” Dawn returned his smile. She was really comfortable with Connor and she felt that she could really relate to him. They were talking some more, when Connor got distracted by something behind Dawn. She turned to see what he was staring at and saw her sister come down the stairs in a tiny, red halter top that looked more like a bra and a black skirt that left nothing to the imagination. Her hair was down in curls. Dawn rolled her eyes and looked around to see that every guy in the place suddenly stopped to stare at Buffy. She turned her attention back to Connor.

“Connor, you’re catching flies.” She told him and he then looked away from Buffy when Dawn spoke again.

“Oh, sorry. What were we talking about?” Dawn sighed and rolled her eyes again. Buffy walked over to them. She didn’t seem to notice that everyone’s eyes were on her.

“I’m feeling better today and I need to do something to get my mind off of this stuff, so I’m gonna find a club around here or something. You wanna come with?” Buffy asked her sister and Dawn shook her head.

“I think I’m good here. I don’t have anything that can compete with that outfit.” Buffy shrugged and Dawn turned back to Connor, who was staring at her sister again. Dawn rolled her eyes for the millionth time and grabbed his hand. “We’re gonna go for a walk.” She said as she pulled Connor away from Buffy. She didn’t know what was up with that, when she looked at all the guys around her and finally noticed their stares.

“I don’t suppose anyone would wanna come with me.” Buffy said and all the guys jumped at the opportunity. Angel and Spike then walked out of Angel’s office to see what was going on and they were shocked when they saw Buffy. Angel couldn’t take his eyes off of her either and Spike wasn’t happy that everyone was staring at her. He took off his duster and walked over to her. He then put it around her shoulders and glared at all of them.

“Take your eyes elsewhere.” He said and they all listened and went back to work. Spike grabbed her hand and pulled her away. “I’m going with you if you insist on wearing that.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“I don’t see what the big deal is.” Spike rolled his eyes also and pulled her out of Wolfram and Hart, but he kept the duster on her. Gunn smiled and walked over to Angel, who was still in a daze.

“You actually left that girl, Angel. That was really stupid.” Gunn said as he shook his head. Wesley walked over to them and nodded.

“I will have to agree with that.” He said and Angel glared at both of his friends.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He told them as he went back in his office and closed the door.