Author's Chapter Notes:
Writer's block became an issue, so I may have skipped quite a bit. We're almost to the end anyway. I had to put a few chapters together to make them longer, so this story seems a lot shorter than it actually is. The battle was supposed to be a seperate chapter. What I did probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was still fun. I pretty much suck at fight scenes. Anyway, hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 14

Buffy went downstairs and saw Dawn by herself. She ran over to her and gave her a big hug, which surprised the younger girl. “I’m okay, Buffy.” Buffy pulled away to look at her.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again. You don’t know what it was like when I saw you in one of my visions. I was worried that they sent it to me too late like they did that other girl.” She explained as tears fell down her face. Dawn hugged her sister this time to make Buffy feel better.

“I’m sorry you had to go through that, but I’m really okay. We took care of it until Angel and Wesley showed up to help. You should have seen Connor, Buffy. He was so amazing. I did a pretty good job also, if I do say so myself.” Buffy laughed as she broke out of the hug.

“I’m sure you were great. You did learn from the best after all. Where is Connor anyway?” Dawn looked pained for a moment before she answered her sister.

“He went for a walk by himself. Angel told him about Cordelia and he was really upset about it. I’m guessing they were pretty close.” Buffy nodded in understanding.

“Why don’t we do something tonight, just the two of us? It’s been a while since we’ve done anything.” Dawn smiled at the suggestion and agreed.

“That would be cool, just don’t wear anything slutty. I would like for guys to be checking me out for a change.” Buffy thought about that.

“I’ll make you a deal. I won’t wear anything slutty, but only if you don’t either.” She said and Dawn nodded.

“Deal, I kinda would have liked to borrow that outfit though.” Buffy shook her head.

“Not on your life.” She said as she put her arm around Dawn and walked out of the building.

“I had to try.” Dawn replied as she left with Buffy.


* * * * *


Angel was busy panicking in his office, when Spike walked in after Angel asked for him. “So, what’s going on? Anything that we should be worried about?” He asked and Angel turned to look at him.

“You could say that. You know that apocalypse that we knew was coming?” Spike nodded and waited for Angel to finish. “Well, it looks like it might be coming sooner than we thought.” They were both silent after that.


* * * * *


There were demons everywhere in the alley behind the Hyperion Hotel. They have been planning for the upcoming apocalypse for days, but they had no idea it would be like this. They were fighting off the demons as best they could. Angel, Spike, Buffy, Gunn, Wesley, Connor, and even Dawn. They were outnumbered and had numerous injuries; luckily Buffy’s were healing fast. Buffy watched as Angel and Spike fought side by side and took out demon after demon. She was amazed at how well they fought together. She could tell that everyone was getting tired and she didn’t think they would be able to last that much longer. Buffy tried to locate Dawn and couldn’t find her anywhere. Buffy didn’t want Dawn in the fight, but she had to let her sister grow up some time and Dawn really wanted to help. Blood was spilled as Buffy decapitated a demon to her right. They kept coming, when everything suddenly stopped. Buffy looked around to see that every demon was frozen in place. The others were just as surprised as she was. Dawn limped over to her and Buffy put her arm around her sister, so she wouldn’t fall down. “What happened?” Dawn asked and Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t know.” The others walked over to where Buffy and Dawn were, looking just as confused.

“It looks like time stopped. What do you suppose did this?” Spike asked and everyone wondered the same thing, when they all heard a familiar voice.

“That would be me.” The voice said as someone then walked over to them and she seemed to appear out of nowhere.

“Willow?” Buffy said and the red head gave her a smile.

“Hey, Buffy. I thought you could use some help.” Buffy smiled back at her.

“You don’t know how glad I am to see you.” She said.

“Red, you did this?” Spike asked and Willow turned to look at him.

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool isn’t it? It won’t hold though. I’ll need Buffy’s help to finish them off.” Buffy seemed surprised by that.

“Me, what can I do?” Willow walked closer to Buffy.

“You’re the key in all of this, Buffy. That’s why they brought you back because you would play a big part in the apocalypse. Without you, the world wouldn’t have a chance.” Willow explained.

“Wait, I thought Spike and Angel were the keys to saving the world. I was only sent here to help them.” Willow shook her head.

“That’s what they wanted you to think, but the truth is that the world wouldn’t have been saved without you. We have to hurry before they unfreeze. Take my hand.” Buffy raised her eyebrows and still seemed confused at what Willow was telling her. Willow saw her hesitation and grasped Buffy’s hand. “Just trust me.” She said as she closed her eyes. Buffy did the same and then they were both enveloped in a white glow as Willow recited words that weren't in English. They figured it was some spell. Everyone else stepped back as Willow’s hair started to turn white, they noticed that Buffy’s hair was doing the same thing. The white light around them got bigger and it enveloped all of the frozen demons. The energy was too much and the demons started to burn, until there was nothing left. The light started to fade as Willow let Buffy’s hand go. She fell back and landed in Spike’s arms. Her eyes opened to look up at him.

“Did we win?” She asked a little dazed and Spike smiled at her.

“I think so.” She stood up and looked around and saw that all the demons were gone. Willow’s hair then turned back to normal and she looked at all of them.

“That felt good.” She told them and Buffy smiled at her.

“We really did it. That was amazing, I felt this power go through me. I didn’t realize it would be that easy though. Thanks, Will. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without you.” Willow waved her hand in the air.

“Think nothing of it, just glad I could help. I have to go, I left Kennedy alone and she’s probably wondering where I am.” She told them as she gave Buffy a hug and then Dawn. “I’ll see you guys soon.” She said to them and then looked at Spike. “It’s good to have you back.” She told him as she also gave him a hug which surprised him, but he hugged her back anyway. She let go of him and looked back at Buffy. “By the way, Buffy. You don’t have to worry about those visions being painful anymore. You’re finally getting a break from the headaches.” Buffy sighed in relief.

“Oh, thank god. That was such a drag.” She said and Willow smiled at her. She gave everyone a final wave and then she was gone. They all didn’t know what to say after that. Dawn looked at her sister and finally noticed something.

“Buffy, you’re blonde again.” She said and everyone else looked at her and noticed it also. Buffy frowned as she touched her hair. She let out a sigh.

“Great, it’ll be a pain to dye this again. How come her hair went back to normal? Oh well, I had more fun as a blonde anyway.” She said and Spike put his arm around her.

“I do prefer you this way.” Buffy rested her head on his chest and then smiled when she heard the beating that was coming from his heart. She wondered how long it would take him to figure it out.