Chapter 15

Buffy woke up alone the next day. She looked around and didn’t see Spike anywhere, so she put on some clothes and headed downstairs. Buffy saw Fred talking to Wesley and noticed that they were holding hands. She was happy that they finally got together. She smiled as she walked over to them. “Hey, have you guys seen Spike?” She asked and Fred smiled at her.

“Yeah, he’s outside with Angel. You should see them. Those two are so cute in the sunlight. They act like they haven’t seen it in years. Well, I guess they haven’t.” Buffy laughed at that. She could imagine those two having fun in the sunlight, now that they both became human. She remembered what happened when they realized it. They were all outside after Willow left when the sun started to rise and the two of them were running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find some shade, until they realized that they weren’t burning up. Now it was like they wanted to be outside all the time. She was really happy for them. They were both champions and worked really hard to get this far and they deserved it.

“I’ll leave you two alone now.” Buffy said as she winked at them and walked away. Fred blushed a little and realized that Buffy could tell that something was going on with her and Wesley. She turned to look at him and he just smiled at her. Wesley moved towards her and kissed her on the lips, which lasted a few seconds. She smiled at him and he brushed some hair off of her face.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Wesley asked her and Fred nodded.

“Yeah, it’s a nice day out.” He kept his hand in hers as they both left Wolfram and Hart.


* * * * *


Dawn and Connor were alone with a lot on their minds. “I really wish you didn’t have to go.” Connor said and Dawn agreed.

“I know, but we could keep in touch. I could always come back and you could visit me. Rome is really nice this time of the year.” Connor smiled at her.

“I would like that.” He said as he leaned in and kissed her. She then rested her head on his shoulder and he held her as they both sat there in silence.


* * * * *


Buffy went outside to see Angel and Spike standing next to each other, both looking up at the sky. Fred was right; they were really cute in the sun. She cleared her throat and they both turned to look at her. “Are you guys ever gonna come inside? We have to go soon.” Angel looked embarrassed and Spike smiled as he walked over to Buffy and gave her a hug. She still wasn’t used to him being so warm when she touched him. Spike then grabbed her hand and they went inside, followed by Angel.

“Right, well I guess you should get a move on.” Angel said once they were inside. He turned to look at Spike and held out his hand for him. Spike looked at it for a moment and then shook his hand. “This place won’t be the same without you. Take care of her.” Angel said and Spike nodded.

“Always,” he replied and they dropped hands. Angel then turned his attention on Buffy. He gave her a hug.

“It was really great seeing you again. Come back and visit anytime.” He told her and she nodded. Angel let her go and Spike grabbed her hand again. Dawn came over to them and she was still holding Connor’s hand. Buffy gave her sister a soft smile.

“We have to go now, Dawny.” She told her and Dawn nodded and turned back to Connor. She gave him one more hug and kissed him on the cheek.

“I’ll see you soon, okay?” Connor nodded and let her hand go.

“Yeah, don’t forget about me.” He said and Dawn gave him a smile.

“No chance of that.” Buffy then walked over to Connor and surprised him when she also gave him a hug. She smiled at him when she pulled away.

“You're a really special guy, Connor. I just wanted to let you know that.” Connor blushed at her comment; he still always seemed to do that around her.

“Thanks, I'm glad I got to meet you.” Buffy gave him another smile and then went back to Spike and Dawn. She grabbed both of their hands and after giving one more smile to Angel, all three of them walked out of the building to start their new life together as a family. Angel walked over to his son.

“I know it’s hard now, but it will get better.” He told him and Connor nodded.

“I guess I better head home now. Thanks for everything.” He replied and Angel gave him a smile. Connor smiled back and then walked out of the building also. Angel sighed and headed back to his office, when Harmony stopped him.

“Oh, boss. I forgot to tell you that Nina called. She wanted you to call her back about maybe getting together to do something.” Angel smiled at Harmony and walked into his office. He decided that he would give Nina a call. He finally had a new life and maybe she could be a part of it. He thought to himself as he smiled and picked up the phone. Things definitely won’t be the same and he realized that was a good thing.

The End


Well, that's all for this one. It's not the best ending in the world, but it was all I could think of. I couldn't choose one vampire over the other. I love them both and I think they both deserved it in their own way. Thanks to those that reviewed=)