Chapter 3

“I know it’s not very interesting, but I like it here.” Fred told Buffy as Connor showed her the lab where Fred was working. Buffy looked back at the girl, who reminded her so much of how Willow used to be.

“It’s really nice, Fred.” Buffy said and Fred smiled at her. She felt a little nervous around Buffy because she was so powerful and after she heard about a lot of the things that she accomplished, like sacrificing herself to save the world that one time. Fred thought she was a pretty amazing woman and she could tell by looking at Connor that he thought so, too. She could tell he was already getting a crush on the Slayer and Fred knew that probably wouldn’t go well with Angel. Fred continued to show her around the lab, when Wesley walked in and she felt nervous again. Fred gave him a smile and looked away and Buffy wondered about that look. She still couldn’t believe how much Wesley has changed. He was a major hottie now.

“Hello, Buffy. It’s nice to see you again.” He told her and she smiled at him.

“It's nice to see you, too. You’re looking great, Wes. These last few years have really been good to you.” Wesley felt flattered by that.

“Thank you, Buffy. You look nice, too. I actually just wanted to talk to Fred for a moment.” Buffy nodded.

“Right, we’ll leave you two to that.” She said as she pulled Connor out of the lab. She noticed the looks the two of them were giving each other and she could tell that something was going on there, or they hoped that something could go on. Buffy thought they looked really cute together.


* * * * *


Connor led Buffy through Wolfram and Hart, when they came across Lorne who was talking on a cell phone. He hung up and looked at Buffy and Connor with a smile on his face. “Buttercup, you look just as pretty as a picture.” He said as he hugged Buffy and she smiled at the green demon.

“Thank you, Lorne. How’ve you been?” She asked and Lorne waved his hand in the air.

“You know how it is. Never have anytime to myself these days. I hope you'll sing for me again.” Buffy wasn't sure about that.

“I don't know.” Lorne turned his attention on Connor.

“She has the voice of an angel.” Connor smiled as he looked at Buffy, who seemed to be embarrassed by Lorne's comment.

“Thanks, but I can't promise anything.” She explained. “I think I would be worried about what you would see this time.” Lorne nodded in understanding, when his cell phone rang. He then rolled his eyes.

“I have to take this. We’ll talk later, sweetcakes.” Lorne told her as he went back to talking on the phone. Gunn then noticed them from where he was and walked over as he smiled at Buffy.

“Well, I heard we had a visitor and a gorgeous one it seems.” Buffy smiled at him and then laughed.

“Gunn, is that you? In a suit? Oh my god, what have they done to you?” She wondered.

“Yeah, tell me about it. I’ve gotten used to it though. It’s not so bad, is it?” Buffy shook her head when she stopped laughing.

“No, you look good. It was just a surprise.” Gunn smiled and then noticed the huge demon that came out of the elevator.

“I better see what’s up.” He told her as he headed over to the demon. Buffy looked back at Connor, when she heard a noise and saw the demon throw Gunn into a wall. Buffy ran over to him and helped him up. “Okay, he’s not a client.” Gunn said and Buffy turned her gaze back to the demon. She stood up to face him, with a smile on her face.

“This should be fun.” She said as she fought the demon and everyone was watching her, afraid to interfere. Angel and Spike then came downstairs to see what all the fuss was about, when they saw Buffy fighting a large demon and they were amazed at her skills. They have never seen her fight like that before. The demon was hardly getting any hits in. She was blocking every one of his moves. The demon then pulled out a knife, which they thought was weird because demons rarely needed to use knives. Buffy only had a stake on her. She avoided the knife as she plunged the stake into the demon’s eye, causing him to cry out in pain. He pulled the stake out and threw it on the floor and Buffy couldn’t get to it. The demon attacked her again and Buffy raised her hands up to block a punch. The demon then used that to his advantage and with the hand still holding the knife, he plunged it into her abdomen. Buffy yelled and clutched her stomach as she fell to the floor. The demon was about to attack her again, when Angel and Spike decided to step in and take over. They weren’t doing a lot of damage, when Angel grabbed a nearby axe hanging on the wall and sliced the demon’s head off. He fell to the ground dead. They went over to Buffy and saw that Connor was already by her side along with Gunn. Angel looked at the wound and then pulled the knife out of Buffy’s stomach. She winced at the pain. He ripped her shirt open to see a lot of blood.

“We have to get her some help.” Spike said, he knew they had good doctors at Wolfram and Hart. Angel then looked back at Buffy and noticed something else.

“Wait, look at her wound.” He said and Spike turned his attention back to Buffy’s wound and saw that it suddenly closed up. It was as if she was never stabbed. The blood was gone. Spike didn’t know what he was seeing. Buffy then sat up and looked at all of them. She turned her gaze on Spike and then Angel.

“I guess we need to talk.” She told them and they both nodded, waiting for her explanation.