Author's Chapter Notes:
Boys will be boys!
Chapter 5

"Well, if Buffy has to choose then we shouldn't have a problem. She's obviously going to choose me." Spike said to Angel after Buffy left.

"What makes you think that she would choose you?" Angel asked.

"I've been in her life longer than you have." Angel crossed his arms over his chest.

"That doesn't mean anything. You didn't even tell her that you were back." Angel said.

"I would have, I just didn't know how to do it. She still loves me. She said so in Sunnydale." Spike explained.

"She still loves me and I was there first, which means she'll always love me." Spike got in his face.

"Yeah, she loved you so much that she was thinking about you when she was shagging me. Is that it?" Angel glared at him.

"She probably was." Spike laughed and shook his head.

"Right, that's why she was screaming my name. It's going to be me, Peaches. I've been working harder than you have. I saved the bloody world and got sent here to deal with you, so I think I'm the one that deserves it. You got your soul forced on you, I fought for mine. What does that say about you, mate?" Angel growled and lunged at Spike and they continued to punch out their frustrations.


* * * * *


Everyone was outside hearing the noises going on in Angel's office and they didn't know if they should interfere, so they stayed where they were. Fred walked over to Buffy. "What's going on in there?" Fred asked her and Buffy smiled.

"Let's just say it's a little payback. They'll get over it eventually. They need to get their anger out. They should be able to work better with each other if they do." Fred wasn't sure what she was talking about, but she let it go.


* * * * *


Buffy rolled her eyes after a while, when she heard that they were still going at it. "Okay, now this is getting ridiculous." She said as she headed to Angel's office and opened the door to see the two of them still fighting and they both now had bruises and cuts on their faces. Buffy sighed and walked over to them. She grabbed Angel and then Spike and threw them on opposite sides of the room. "I think you guys have done enough, don't you?" Angel looked up at her.

"He started it." Buffy held up her finger to quiet him and rolled her eyes.

"God, are you going to say that every time? You really need to grow up, Angel." Buffy looked at Spike and saw that he was in pretty bad shape. She walked over to him. "Are you okay?" She asked him in a concerned tone and he gave her a smile.

"I've been worse." He told her and Buffy smiled back at him. Angel wasn't too happy.

"Hey, I'm hurt also." Buffy looked back at Angel.

"Seriously, Angel. You really need to grow up. He's hurt worse than you are." She helped Spike up and held his hand. "Come on, let's get you fixed up." She said and he smiled at her as she led him to the door. Spike threw a grin at Angel as he let Buffy pull him out of the office. Angel glared at his back as he sighed and sat at his desk. He could already feel the Shanshu Prophecy slipping away from him.


* * * * *


Buffy was waiting for Dawn to show up after Spike and Angel’s fight. Dawn had some more work to finish in Rome, so she took a later flight and would be there soon. She noticed that Spike and Angel kept sending glares at each other and she started to feel a little guilty for being the cause of that, but she shook it off. She just put on a smile and walked over to them. “Hey, guys. I was wondering where I would be staying. Does anyone wanna show me?” She asked them.

“I’ll show you.” Spike said.

“No, I will.” Angel replied as he sent Spike a glare. Buffy rolled her eyes.

“I’ll do it.” Connor said as he walked over to her and she gave him a smile in relief. Angel sighed and knew what he had to do.

“Buffy, go with Spike. I need to talk to Connor.” Buffy nodded and went to grab her bag that she left there earlier. Spike smiled when she walked back over to him. He grabbed her hand and led her up the stairs. Angel watched them go and then turned back to Connor. “We need to talk.” He told him and Connor nodded.

“Okay, what about?” Angel took an unneeded breath before he spoke again.

“I see how you are around Buffy and I’m a little worried about it.” Connor shrugged.

“I haven’t done anything.” He explained.

“I can tell that you like her, but I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Connor crossed his arms over his chest.

“Why, because you used to date her? Which was a long time ago by the way. She’s pretty cool and to be honest, I can’t believe you left someone like that. You did leave her though, so technically she’s not your girl anymore.” Angel rubbed his eyes.

“I know she’s not, but she’s not a girl. She’s an older woman and I think you seriously need to get out of that phase after what happened last time. You need to start getting interested in girls your own age, Connor.” Connor sighed and then looked behind Angel to see a pretty, brunette walk out of the elevator. She looked around his age and she had long hair with blonde highlights. Connor kept his eyes on her as he answered Angel.

“I think you may be right.” Angel turned around to see what he was staring at, when he noticed the girl. She smiled and walked over to them.

“Hey, Angel. This place is huge. How do you manage it?” Angel smiled at the girl.

“I do what I can. This is my son, Connor. Connor, this is Dawn. She’s Buffy’s sister.” Dawn seemed surprised that he had a son and smiled at Connor.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She said and he also gave her a smile.

“Same here, you’re Buffy’s sister?” Dawn nodded. “Yeah, I can see the resemblance.” Connor told her and Angel smiled at them. He could tell that Dawn was already starting to take his mind off of Buffy.

“I’ll let you two talk.” Angel stated as he walked away from them and headed back to his office.