Chapter 6

Buffy and Spike walked into one of the rooms at Wolfram and Hart. Her jaw dropped when she saw the room. She looked around. “You like it?” Spike asked her and she looked at him with a smile on her face.

“Like it? This room is bigger than my entire apartment. I could totally move in here.” She said as she jumped on the bed and lay down and Spike smiled at how young she seemed. “Yeah, I could definitely get used to this.” She stated and Spike sat on the bed next to her. She sat up to look at him with a serious expression on her face. “How have things been here? I mean with Angel and all. You two aren’t always trying to kill each other, are you? Things would probably be better if you guys could start working together. It might make things easier.” She told him.

“We have good and bad days, but it’s nothing for you to worry about. You just rest.” He said as he gently pushed her down on the bed. She then grabbed his arm and pulled him with her. He fell on top of her and both were afraid to move. Spike just stared at her and without thinking about it, he bent down and captured her lips with his. She kissed him back and was glad that he made the first move. He pulled away after a bit to let her breathe and just stared into her eyes. She smiled at him.

“You know, that won’t make me choose you.” Spike smiled and brushed some hair off of her face.

“I’ll just have to try and convince you more then.” He said as he kissed her again and moved his lips to her neck. He sucked and licked at her flesh and she let out a moan.

“Nope, it’s not working.” She said even though she was finding it hard to think at the moment. Spike stopped and looked at her.

“I’m not done convincing you.” He whispered as he moved down her body and her eyes closed as she let out another moan in pleasure.


* * * * *


Buffy and Spike came downstairs a little while later. Buffy saw that Dawn was there and talking to Connor. She smiled and went over to them. “Dawn!” Buffy exclaimed and Dawn looked up and noticed her sister. She smiled also and gave her a hug.

“Hey, Buffy. I got here as soon as I could. How are things going?” She asked as she pulled out of the hug.

“Things are pretty good so far. I’m glad you’re here.” Dawn nodded and then looked behind Buffy to see Spike. Her eyes started to tear up at the sight of him.

“Spike,” she whispered as she went over to him.

“Hey, nibblet. How’ve you been?” Dawn smiled and enveloped Spike in a big hug.

“You’re really here. I almost didn’t believe it when Buffy told me you were back.” Spike let go and looked at her.

“Yeah, it’s good to see you again. You have really grown into a beautiful, young woman. Not that you weren’t one before.” Dawn gave him another hug and Buffy noticed how Connor hasn’t been able to take his eyes off of her sister. She smiled when she thought about him having a crush on Dawn. She really didn’t want him to have a crush on her. Even though she was flattered by it, she knew it would probably complicate things. Buffy slipped away without being noticed and then headed to Angel’s office.


* * * * *


“Do you think they would actually get together?” Buffy asked Angel when she was alone with him in his office.

“I wouldn’t know, they did just meet.” Buffy nodded.

“I know, but I can definitely see something between them.” Angel nodded also.

“Well, it’s better than him having a crush on you.” He told her and Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“What’s wrong with that?” She wondered as Angel looked up at her.

“He’s my son, it would be awkward.” He said.

“Right and it would have nothing to do with jealousy.” Angel gave a laugh.

“I’m not jealous, I don’t get jealous.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Sure you don’t. I would never get involved with your son anyway, Angel. That would be a bit weird and it sounds like something that would be on Jerry Springer.” She told him.

“Is that still on?” Buffy nodded and couldn't help the smile that graced her lips. “So, what are you doing in here?” He said changing the subject and Buffy shrugged.

“I just wanted to see you. Is that a crime?” Angel shook his head.

“No, I just figured you would want to be with Spike.” He said a little harshly and Buffy sighed.

“I’m letting Spike catch up with Dawn at the moment.” She explained and they both were silent after that.


* * * * *


Spike decided to show Dawn around Wolfram and Hart because Connor had to go back home. They were talking and laughing like they used to. Spike then decided to ask her what he has been thinking about since he saw Buffy again. “Dawn, how has Buffy been? I mean I know she has been somewhat involved with other blokes, so I guess she’s been doing okay.” Spike said with a sad expression and Dawn stopped to look at him.

“What are you talking about? Buffy hasn’t been with any other guys.” She explained and Spike was confused.

“She said that she slept with other guys. Something didn’t seem right about that though. She said they were drunken mistakes and that didn’t really sound like Buffy.” Dawn shook her head.

“She hasn’t been with anyone else, Spike. She probably just wanted you to think that for some reason. To be honest, she’s been kinda depressed lately. Since what happened in Sunnydale, losing you was really hard for her. Sometimes late at night, I would hear her crying in her room and she would get all upset whenever anyone would mention you. That all seemed to change after she had this dream and found out that you were back.” Spike thought about what she said.

“So, everything was an act? She does have a habit of keeping everything inside. I mean when I first saw her, she didn’t seem like she missed me at all.” He said and Dawn nodded.

“She didn’t want to break down in front of you, I guess. She thinks she has to act tough all the time.” She replied and Spike agreed.

“Yeah, that she does.” Dawn grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

“She really does love you, Spike.” Spike looked at her and squeezed her hand back.

“I know,” he replied in a quiet tone. He did believe her when she told him in the Hellmouth. He just wanted her to get out of there alive, so he told her that he didn’t. She may not have told him again, but he believed that she really did love him and that she would tell him when she was ready.