The entire world was spread out before him trembling in his gaze. The feeling of power was all consuming now and it filled his body making it hum with electricity. He spread his hand out before him watching the sparks as they made the shadows dance. Cackling he let his amusement fester in his eyes. Soon it would all be soon.

Glaring at the lowly minion before him he waited for his answer.

"We are ready my master." It bowed his head.

His glance swept from the speaker and over the once proud banquet hall. In times past it was a grand place full of life and music and laughter. Now it was dark and deserted and the stench of death polluted the air. He smiled such was a perfect fit for his new home. It was as though he was destined to be here. But even destiny would soon feel fear of him.

"Good." He stared at the crowd before him. Taking in the light from the computers in the corner of the room everyone waiting for his word to begin. "The time of cleansing..." He nodded letting them know to start signaling the others "begins now."

The cheers from the demons and vampires was almost deafening. Pleased he smiled.

*********

They had gotten back from the reception just after nine that night. While others would think it late, for this group the evening was really just beginning. Spike and Buffy had quickly gone to change wanting to be ready in case they felt the need to patrol.
The others had resettled in the living room of Faith's place and started diving into research mode full steam.

Buffy was glad that Faith had invited her and Spike to stay until they had gotten some answers. She knew that without Faith here even with two junior slayers in the area someone should really pick up the slack. Just until she was back. What were another few days? After all it wasn't like she had a job or anyone waiting for her in California.

But to tell the truth she was in no hurry to leave. After the long absence she wasn't ready to leave the people she was with now. She wondered if they were comfortable with the reasons she had given them about her distance. Most of it was true. So she left out a minor detail here and there. She felt downright bad about it. Sighing she slumped in her chair.

Spike looked up at the small sigh she made. The others didn't even notice the tiny rush of breath she had released. He knew that she was getting antsy. Research wasn't where either of them excelled. He knew they needed to be out there trying to find whatever those things were.

"AHA!" Willow sat up proudly.

"What is it?" Giles asked expectantly.

Willow held up the book she had been reading turning it so Buffy and Spike could see the picture. "Is this the demon you saw?"

"Bingo Red that’s them." Buffy nodded her agreement.

"No that's him."

"Huh?" Buffy asked.

"It says here that it’s a cameria demon." She passed the book to Giles. Looking over the text carefully he suddenly straightened pulled his glasses off and began cleaning them.

"Oh dear." he muttered.

Xander groaned. "That's so not good."

"Giles answers please." Buffy asked impatiently.

"The Cameria demon is not one normally found on our plane of existence. It has a very clever ability to split into separate copies of itself. The copies are nearly undefeatable except by attacking the head. Since they are to distract any would be opponents it leaves the original to achieve whatever tasks it has. The demon itself is very vulnerable to attack just as most others are."

"So that's why the other one vanished."

"When you killed the original the force which made the copy was severed." he placed his glasses back on. "That is not all however, this demon would not have come of its own accord to this dimension. It would have been summoned to achieve a certain goal."

"Like maybe killing a slayer?" She asked. "So someone with a grudge against me summoned one of these camera demons."

"That seems the likely answer. There is one other thing though. Anyone who could summon this demon would have to be extremely powerful." Buffy shrugged at him. "I mean that there are Gods who could not summon one of these creatures."

She tensed at his words. A being more powerful than a god. That was all she wanted to hear.

"Well any ideas on who could bring it here and want me dead?" she asked the group.

All eyes fell to the floor. Everyone was lost in his or her own thoughts. She was sure none of them would answer. It was just as well. She knew she had plenty of enemies from first hand experience. The last year had proven that even if she hadn't met a particular baddie it was still pissed at her for releasing all the new slayers into the world and spoiling all their fun. She stood and began to pace.

"Okay so we don't know. And now I'm guessing we're out of leads. So Spike would you like to go out and patrol see if we can scare up some info?"

"Sounds alright to me Pet."

She nodded and walked to a chest in the room. Opening the lid she grabbed a stake and slid it into her waistband. A glance at Spike and he nodded his agreement. She tossed a second stake to him and he placed it in the pocket of his duster.

"Maybe we could try searching for something that would have enough power to bring one of these demons here. Give us something to go on. Like the process of elimination." Willow smiled. "I could even go get my computer. Be high tech researchy girl."

"Good idea Wills." She smiled at her warm and affectionately. "We'll be back soon."

And with that they both slipped out of the door.