Author's Chapter Notes:
okay this is it until i get back from vacation so i hope you enjoy it. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews.
"I don't understand." Buffy shook her head.

"The Deeper Well. Maybe I should be startin' at the beginning then." He pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning on and began to pace. "Old ones you know last of the pure demons that walked the planet before they croaked. Place is full of tombs of the old ones goes right through the center of the bloody planet."

"How do you know this?"

"Because someone released one of them. Remember a phone call few months ago from Angel?"

Giles thought for a minute trying to bring up the memory. "He was looking for Willow."

"Me? Why would he have been trying to find me?"

"My idea Red. Thought you might be able to help a friend." He sighed then, the memory of losing Fred still cutting deeply. "Didn't matter in the end anyway. Long story short someone died and Illyria powerful demon king or god was set loose. Wesley managed to contain her power and she helped us when we were fighting."

"And the part about the Well being sealed after it was pushed open?"

"Another of Peaches' brilliant little ideas. Seems he killed the guardian as part of his little power struggle to get to the Black Thorn."

"Let me see if I understand all of this. I've been chosen as the last of the chosen ones to fight against some unyet named evil with Spike and Angel helping me to do some thing that involves blood to seal the Deeper Well and one of the two will become human and the other one gets to spend eternity with me fighting the good fight?"

"Yes I do believe that would be what it means."

"Terrific. It still doesn't help me find out who the hell has been doing all this or where Faith is." Buffy stood up strain evident on her face. "How long ago did you talk to Angel?"

Giles glanced at his watch. "About four hours ago."

"Did any of you get any sleep while we were gone?" The others nodded slowly. "Okay. Lets assume that the thing in charge is here in Cleveland because of all the Hellmouthy goodness. If he really has an army of demons and Vamps than he has to have some kind of base. Gotta be large and somewhere where they wouldn't draw a lot of attention. I think it would be a safe bet to think that would be where they're keeping Faith. Willow search the city records for abandoned buildings like warehouses and such. Try to narrow it down to where there isn't a lot of people around or where no one would pay any attention to their comings and goings." Willow nodded at her and headed out of the room. "Giles I think you need to do some serious digging and see if you can find more on this prophecy or maybe something about this ritual."

"Of course Buffy."

"Oh and don't think you and I aren't going to have a serious discussion about this later." He ducked his head and began to look through some of the books. "Xander you better give Giles a hand until we can scout out some of the locations Will gives us."

"And what are you going to do in the meantime?" Although he asked Buffy the question his eyes were on Spike.

"I'm going to try and get some sleep something tells me we don't have much time. I suggest both of you do the same."
She looked pointedly at Robin.

He mumbled something under his breath and began to head for the stairs. Buffy reached out and touched his arm causing him to turn around.

"I know you're worried and I don't blame you but I promise we will find her." He gave her a slight nod and headed up the stairs.

"I figure Angel will get here in just a couple of hours so wake me when he arrives." She turned then and headed for the bed that was screaming her name. She was exhausted.

Closing the door behind her she pulled off her shoes and flopped onto the mattress. Taking a deep breath she rested her head on the soft pillow praying silently that sleep would over take her soon. A soft knock on the door made her curse under her breath and she reopened her tired eyes. She noticed she had left the light on in her haste.

"It's open." She called softly.

The door cracked open and Spike peaked his head inside.

"Hate to disturb you pet but..."

"Spike will you just get in here all ready." She looked at how far away the light switch was. "And turn out the light will you?"

She caught the ghost of a smile that had touched his lips before he flicked the lights off. In the darkness she could hear the thud of his boots as he took them off and discarded them to the floor. Feeling the bed sag as he laid down she turned to her side letting him spoon into her from behind. The hardness of his chest behind her was complimented with the reassuring weight of his arm around her waist. She let her eyes drift closed for a moment drinking in the sensation of his closeness.

"Did you tell him or did he know?"

The words were so quiet Spike thought he imagined it at first.

"He knew."

"And the prophecy how long have you known?"

"Just since this afternoon."

She turned in his arms then her body pressed to his.

"When were you going to tell me?"

He looked down into her eyes even though he knew she would have a hard time seeing his in the dark. He drank in the beauty of her face.

"Tonight."

Her sigh was long and deep. "You know how I hate it when people keep stuff from me. Especially stuff like this. It's part of who I am."

"I know." It was all he could manage.

"Don't do it again." She tilted her head up and placed a small tender kiss on the side of his mouth. "I love you. Now go to sleep."

He watched her close her eyes. Again he didn't get the reaction he thought for sure would be forth coming. His little book of Buffy reactions was going through some serious rewrites. Could anyone really change this much where everything he thought he knew about this woman was being proven wrong in the space of a few days. Or is it possible that he never really knew her at all, that she had never given him the chance to see what she was really like until now.

"Luv?"

"Spike I'm really tired can't we just go to sleep now?" She didn't even open her eyes.

"In a minute."

Silently Buffy counted to ten trying to mask her frustration. "What's wrong?"

"Do you regret what happened tonight?"

Her eyes adjusting to the dark of the room now could make out the look of concern on his face. Seeing her gaze he turned his head away from her.

"How could you even think that?" She tried to keep the hurt out of her voice but she had a feeling that she failed miserably.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Do you?"

She sat up in the bed. "What is it you want exactly? I told you I love you. I do more than I thought it was possible to love anyone. So why would I regret letting you claim me as your mate and claiming you in return?"

He was sitting now as well but his eyes wouldn't meet hers. "Do you really understand what this means?"

"Spike no matter what Giles claims I did pay attention when he was talking. I also did research on many parts of vampire life mating rituals included." She felt her cheeks grow warm at the thought of the books she and Willow had found at the back of Giles' office. Probably was a little more information than her Watcher had intended for her to learn.

She touched his arm letting his cool skin warm beneath her touch. "I understand. I agreed to take you as my mate for eternity Spike. Now why would that be something I would regret?"

"You just mated yourself to a vampire. You're the Slayer it isn't right. I should never have done it."

She drew her hand back from him quickly like she had been burned. "Oh so that's it you regret it happened." She got up and stood next to the bed. "I thought we were past all of this." She made her way around the bed to stand in front of him. "Tell me why I was wrong to do what I did. Explain it to me using small words so I don't get confused." Buffy hated the sarcasm she could hear dripping from her words but he was pushing her over that edge. The place where only he could send her.

"I just reacted and I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Fine then you do regret it. Great wonderful let me reverse time for you then and we can take it back just so you feel better. Is that what you want? I should have known any real commitment and Buffy sends them tearing for the hills." She barked out a hysterical laugh. "Got to admit it though you sure had me fooled. I thought for a second that you might just be as different as you said you were. Well let me tell you something. I. Don't. Regret. Anything. Got that? Not a damn thing."

She turned her back to him and took a few steps towards the door. She let her mind wander to the feelings in the claim. Feeling the doubt and insecurity he was trying to block from flowing to her. Stopping herself she let the fear and frustration his words had brought her be squashed by sudden need to let him know how much she knew what she was doing. Listening to what her instincts told her she opened herself up fully to him letting everything she was flow back to him.

Spike knew he was pushing her, hurting her while he questioned her heart. He couldn't help it this was all so new. Their feelings had just started to blossom between them and he had let himself get carried away and complicated things. They were supposed to be taking it slow and getting to really know each other and he had claimed her in a night’s time.

His thoughts were such a jumble all at once. He didn't know whether he was coming or going at this point and while he had heard the words she had spoken here in the quiet of this darkened room he couldn't let the sprouting bud of hope to grow in his heart. Maybe she did understand the principal of a claiming but that didn't mean she understood everything that went along with it. The part of her that made her The Slayer, just not a slayer among many, couldn't have wanted this. It was bad enough that she had feelings for him but to mate and link herself to him forever. No way was that something the light part of her could accept. Sure she was all hugs and puppies right now but when everything finally set in he was sure that it would crush her beautiful spirit.

He had tried of course to block most of what he was feeling from flowing into the bond that they were now sharing but he was still adapting to it. It was more encompassing than the Sire/Childe bond he had shared with Dru. He hadn't had trouble mastering the art of walling his feelings off from her or vice versa, course it had been more for his own protection than hers considering how often her fragile state of mind sent her emotions spinning violently. This was harder though he knew he was straining mentally to keep up the barrier between them. He didn't want her to feel the doubt or confusion he was feeling but especially the fear he had buried deep inside him the one where she would think that all of this had been a mistake.

The room had become oppressively silent weighing down the air around them. His inner thoughts were interrupted by a gently nagging in the tiniest corners of his mind. He felt himself drawn to the sensation and reached for it with his mind still not letting his guard down.

She stood there in the silence opening herself up to him laying her heart bare for him to see. Knowing this was a huge risk to her but he had always taken care of her heart and she had to trust him to do that now. She just wanted to show him the truth that she held inside of herself. He had to see for himself the trust, the caring and all the love held inside of her for him. If she could make him see she knew that it would alleviate his every worry keep in check the negative thoughts that always seem to creep in-between them. So still she waited not pushing against his tightly held shield letting him feel secure behind the fences he had put up.

Pushing other thoughts from his mind he focused on what he was sensing from the small woman who stood several feet away from him. He gasped at how she had just opened herself completely to him letting him into every nook and cranny of her being. The things he found there amazed him. He felt the fear and concern she felt for Faith, the love she felt for her friends and her sister, the hurt from the words he had spoken just a few moments ago. Inside of it all he could feel the trust she had in him, how much she had come to care for him after all these years, and most importantly how much she loved him. He was wrong. Right then and there he knew he had been wrong to ever doubt the fact that the love she felt wasn't real, that it just a dream she had held onto while she thought he was dead. It wasn't that at all and he could see it all now clear as day. The walls he had carefully constructed started to crumble he couldn't hold them up any longer.

Buffy could feel the blockage begin to fall away as his guard began to drop. She had felt him there of course and knew he saw her completely. It wasn't something she would have been able to do with words.

"Spike?" His name was barely a breath on her lips. She hadn't moved, her back still facing him and her feet pointed at the door.

"Buffy." He breathed her name along a sad sigh.

"Ask me again." It was a demand spoken on the wings of a whisper. An urging of the gentlest nature to finalize what was seen and felt into words.

"Do you." his voice broke as he tried to push the words into the air around them. "Do you regret...?" His voice had shaken again and he wasn't going to try to pretend that it was easy for him to ask his now asinine question.

"No." A simple statement of fact. Something held so true it was cemented into the center of her very being. Now she turned to face him the darkness hiding his features from her. "Do you regret making me your mate?" Her words were strong and even measured with the belief she held.

"No." For what the word lacked in volume it more than made up for in conviction. He loved her every single part of her that she was willing to share with him. And now he had seen all of her could it be possible for him to love her more then he did before. Somehow he knew that he did that the willingness she had to flay herself open in such a way for him was nothing short of an earth shattering experience. She was holding nothing back for the first time.

"So so sorry luv. Just a stupid vampire." He held his arms out to her, a welcoming gesture, a silent plea to her heart.

She climbed onto the bed and let herself be wrapped into his strong arms. He held her close her head tucked under his chin keeping her body tight against his.

After a moment she pulled her head back slightly to look into his face and ran a hand gently in his hair.

"Do you get it now?" Her words were soft but urgent needing to know for certain.

He couldn't think of the words so he answered her the only other way he knew how. His lips claimed hers in a kiss that scorched her insides. It was passionate and yet gentle, taking her fully but giving in return. Her own mouth answered touching and caressing his, soothing his emotions yet stirring his blood. The soft slide of their lips grew in intensity each fiery touch demanding for them to become closer still.

Buffy needed to touch him, to feel his cool flesh under her teasing fingers and began to draw the shirt he was wearing over his head. Pulling it free she balled it up and threw it across the room forgotten once the fabric left the tips of her digits. She let her hands move over his well-muscled torso slowly savoring every twitch he had at her slightest touch. Across his sinewy back, over his well developed chest, down the perfectly sculpted abs and then across his waistband. She felt a giddy sense of euphoria at the sudden gasp he took as her hands ran back and forth just under the fabric.

Spike savored the taste of her slowly drinking it from her warm luscious lips. Reluctantly he parted from them brushing his lips down her jaw to follow the curve of her neck. He felt lost in the sensation of her scent, her warmth and her love. His hands were moving slowly up from her waist, over her flat stomach until his hands reached for her perfect breasts. The feel of the cotton under his skin was too much of a barrier and he pulled it off. Unhooking her bra from behind he tossed it away finally able stroke her golden skin. His hands cupped her mounds letting their weight rest in his palms his thumbs grazing her nipples. She arched closer to him wanting more of his touch her body surrendering to the sensations he brought her.

Turning himself in his seated position he softly laid her down onto her back while he followed with his own body. His lips and tongue left a cool path down her neck, into the dip of her collarbone, down the valley between her breasts, circling around and over until his mouth sucked eagerly on the tight pert nipple.

She wove her fingers into his hair bringing his head closer to her chest gasping as his mouth sent shivers of pleasure up and down her spine. Pulling his head upwards she claimed his mouth in another kiss the power of which caused both to moan. His hands dipped now to the top of her pants untying the drawstring of the sweats she had donned not too long ago. Tugging at the fabric he moved away slightly as the sweats came away leaving her in just a scrap of lace. Unable to keep away for long his lips found her body again and kissed and licked their way over her stomach stopping just at the edge of her thong. Hooking his thumbs into the fabric he brought it down slowly over her legs. He stood for a moment taking a second to shed the last of his clothing letting it fall to the floor.

She gazed at his lean body, his alabaster skin a contrast to the darkness in the room, shadows filling in the hard planes of his form making him look like some statue of a Greek god. To her he was beautiful, the masterwork of the male form here in all of its glory, belonging to her and her alone. The predatory smile that graced her full lips was unbidden. She crooked her finger, motioning him closer. When he shook his head at her she immediately pouted her bottom lip thrust out. In answer he grinned brightly. Crawling over her body slowly he paused his face hovering over her. Unable to resist he took her bottom lip and began to suck on it tugging sensually at it. Moving back he smiled again at the dreamy look that replaced her little pout and continued to move back until he was seated near her feet. Leaning forward he trailed his tongue along her stomach and let it dip into her belly button for a moment before gliding lower until he reached the sweet nectar of her sex.

Buffy moaned as his tongue probed and teased her folds, sipping at her, drinking her in. Her head turned from side to side as
He licked her swollen clit. Sucking the throbbing bundle of nerves, pushing against it with his tongue, nipping gently with blunt teeth, she could feel the warm tingling at the base of her being growing in intensity. She panted so close to the edge feeling herself starting to teeter. Turning her head into the pillow she bit down on it to muffle the scream that was pushing past her lips as the orgasm tore through her body. Her hips bucked held in place by his large hands as he lapped at her devouring her greedily. As her trembling subsided he let her go his head coming up to her again kissing her deeply. Tasting herself on his lips she felt the desire rushing through her system again. Wrapping her legs around his lean waist she grabbed his shoulders, using her strength she flipped them over so that she lay on top of him.

His eyes locked with hers adoration pouring silently through them both. Settling upright she guided him into her entrance letting him fill her inch-by-inch. Their movements were unhurried as both sought to savor the pleasure of their joining. Riding him with fluid grace he watched fascinated as her head dropped back, eyes closed at the intense look of joy that was on her face. Bodies straining to keep their torturous pace they began to move together faster seeking their ultimate release.

Unable to help himself he flipped them both back over increasing the power of his thrusts. The sounds of their flesh meeting and their heavy panting filling the room. Looking deep into her eyes he could feel her body tensing signaling that she was close, neither was able to look away, and he could feel his own orgasm rushing to meet him. Dipping his head he whispered nonsensical words of love and devotion into her ear letting them tumble from his lips. As she started to shake his lips took hers and muffled the yell that tore from her throat and the answering roar from him. Finally spent he collapsed on top of her limp form panting even if he didn't need to catch his breath. Getting himself under control he reluctantly moved to her side pulling her close to him.

Wrapped in his arms, she let her head rest on his chest for a moment before managing to maneuver a blanket over them. Looking up at him she placed a warm hand to his cheek and looked into the blue eyes of the man she loved.

"I love you." She settled herself back into his body and closed her eyes letting sleep to overtake her tired body.

"Love you Buffy." The whisper was barely out of his mouth before his own heavy eyelids drifted closed and sleep stole him away.