Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews. This was the last chappie I had posted on the other site. I have two more already waiting in the wings now. So happy that my muse decided to come back and play with me. So thanks for everyone for reading and let me know what you think. Thanks again.
She had just reached for her coat not waiting to see if the others had begun to make their own way to the door when all hell finally broke loose.

The front wall of the house seemed to explode before their eyes, glass and shards of wood spraying the air. The dust billowed inwards coating them in fine drywall powder. Buffy squinted trying to see through the bright haze noticing that at least the sun was only high enough to light the front part of the room. The thundering footsteps she heard told her that for once the fight had come to her.

The Cameria were great lumbering beasts but they were awfully fast. Faster then things that big and ugly ought to be. She wished she had a weapon in her hands as they entered the house. There were lots of them Buffy could tell maybe fifteen or so and she didn't think this was going to be good.

At the back of the room both Angel and Spike had twisted themselves away from the splintered wood that was propelled towards them and instinctively ducked as the light entered the room. They watched as Buffy quickly dropped into a fighting stance taking on the rushing pack. They noticed the humans in the room searching around trying to find a weapon of any sort.

Xander had made it finally to the weapons chest in the corner of the room. He pulled out a short sword.

"BUFFY!" he yelled as he tossed the sword to her waiting hand.

For once their timing was impeccable, the sword landing in her hand as the first demon reached her. She swung in a high arc, the blade slicing through its neck.

Xander managed to toss a dagger to Spike as he dodged the Cameria closest to him. Using his body to twist around the demon he shoved the dagger through its eye and up into its brain.

Buffy concentrated now, keeping her eyes on the three demons in front of her and noticing that five of them were standing outside in the sunlight. So that was their plan it seemed, the controlling demons staying outside and sending their doubles in to fight. She was the only one who would be able to take them on outside and they had known. She was debating on the next move she was going to take, feeling her body tense at the encroaching Camerias. It was the sound of their footsteps crunching in the debris lying on the floor of the living room that made her realize that there were no sounds of fighting around her. In fact the room was deathly silent and that just wasn't right.

She risked looking around the room, sweeping her gaze from right to left slightly behind her. Willow was unconcious on the floor, her head resting against the wall. Xander was bent over her, his hands gently touching her face and a Cameria holding a sword against his back.

Next she saw Angel with his back against the wall, a stake pointed at his heart. His face was a blank mask not telling her what he was thinking.

Passing him she saw Giles down on his knees a sword held to his throat. Unlike Angel his face showed a barely checked fury at his current perdicament.

Spike was on the other side of Giles' position a demon holding him up by the neck his toes just barely touching the floor. Her eyes caught his and she could see the worry in their depths and she knew it was for her and not about his current position.

Robin was last and the most humiliated it would seem as his throat was under the foot of another Cameria. She dared not meet his eyes knowing that the pain he was feeling at this latest hurt couldn't compare to the fact that they were now derailed in the attempt to find Faith.

Her eyes swiveled again to the front and her brow furrowed as she took in the three in front of her. There was no way that she could take down all three and make a move on the five that were outside before the others killed her family. Oh this sucked royally and she wasn't prepared to lie to herself that there was a good way out of this for them.

With a sigh she dropped her sword to her side.

"What do you want?"

"Why you of course." the voice that answered her didn't come from any of the people or demons in the house. And it hadn't come from the five just outside the destroyed wall either. It seemed to be echoing through the walls surrounding her. Great a magic voice. This really wasn't getting any better.

"Well I'm right here and you have my attention so talk."

The voice chuckled. It was cold and hollow, the sound of it chilling her more than the breeze she felt from outside.

"Soon, once you have joined me."

"And my friends?"

"They are of no consequence to me."

"Then let them go."

"Come with us willlingly and I shall release them."

"And if I don't?"

She heard a gasp and turned to see a bright red drop of blood form on Giles' throat.

"Yeah I get it." She dropped the sword and it landed with a slight thump against the carpet. "So where we going?"

The protests in the room were to many for her to single out.

"Let me have a moment please."

"Of course."

She turned to face the others as they gaped at her.

"Find Faith. Do what you have to. I'll be alright." She could feel the reluctant acceptance of the situation as it traveled around the room. Her eyes met each of the men in turn letting them know she knew exactly what she was doing, wanting them to understand it was the only choice. Each set held their own look of worry and she acknowledged each in turn. Lastly she locked her eyes onto Spike's letting her love for him and a soothing encouragement flow through the bond.

She dragged her eyes away reluctantly and faced the demons again.

"Well lead away." She was flippant but was soon worried when what could have only been a portal opened up just outside the house. The demon closest to her gave her a slight nudge in its direction and she set her jaw. She took a deep breath and walked forward until she was just in front of the portal. Hesitantly she took a step and walked in. Behind her she could feel the five controlling demons walk in behind her.

Spike watched as Buffy disappeared into the swirling mass of energy followed closely by the five Cameria that had been on the lawn. As soon as they had all stepped in it closed around them with a slight popping noise. He was relieved when the hand around his neck began to loosen and he could stand on the floor. He watched as the remaining demons vanished from the room leaving the Scoobies alone now minus two slayers.