Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey thanks for the wonderful reviews all I just am tickled that I'm getting somewhere in this fic. Thanks again hope you continue to enjoy.
For a moment none of them moved all too transfixed by the sight of Buffy disappearing in front of them. Each man was lost in his own thoughts fear and worry etching all of their features.

The slight moan from the remaining woman in the room drew their attention back to the present.

"Red alright?"

"She got a nasty bump on the head but I think yeah."

"Right then."

"I can't believe she went with them." Woods voice was quiet and rough, the demon's weight apparently not good for the vocal cords.

The other four men decided to ignore the comment each of them knowing that she wouldn't have made any other choice.

Willow moaned again this time her eyes fluttering open.

"What happened?" She tried to sit up but winced at the pain in her head.

"Oh you know. Bunch of demons crashed in knocked us around a bit." Xander smiled warmly at her. "Same as usual."

"Are you alright Willow?"

"I'm fine Giles. Just you know kind of headache-y. Where's Buffy?"

Angel cleared his throat. "They took her."

Her eyes swept over the men in the room. She took in the lines on their faces, the gloomy disposition in the room settling into her bones.

"Where?"

"Don't know Red. Popped into some kind of portal."

"Ooohhh! That's good!" Her sudden excitement made everyone else stare hard at her. Taking in their reaction she smiled. "Well not good in the sense that she's gone or anything but a portal is good."

"Why is that?" Spike didn't think anything that had happened in the last few moments could be good.

"I can trace it. See it takes really powerful magic to open a portal and I can follow it to where it came from. Its like that kind of magic has its own kind of individuality. Kind of like a signature."

"Why didn't I think of that?" There was despair in Giles' voice.

"Do you think she was taken to the same place as Faith?"

"Do the spell Red and then the locator spell she asked you to perform."

Xander offered her a hand and she took it gratefully using the leverage to get to her feet.

********

She felt a bit nauseated as she took a step forward from the blinding light around her. It was hard to get her eyes to adjust to the darkened area they were now in. The demons behind her shoved her forward again and she stumbled a bit before continuing to walk. Her tinglies were in overdrive now becoming almost painful. She hadn't felt the presence of this many vamps and demons since she had been in the hellmouth with all those ubervamps. Somehow this situation wasn't getting any easier to deal with.

Her eyes were starting to adjust a bit and she could see that she was in a cavernous room. It was not just dark but it smelled musty and she could feel the dust clogging her breathing as she walked along. Her shoes thumped on what sounded like a hardwood floor. She could make out the weak thin rays of light that tried to enter the room through what must be long boarded up windows.

She must have hesitated taking the next step judging from the push she got from behind. Buffy fought the urge to turn around and glare at the demon. Now was no time to lose her temper. Instead she forced herself to take deep even breaths.

They turned to the right down a narrow passage way and she let her senses out once again. The intensity of her spidey sense seemed to drop a bit meaning they had left the largest group of demons behind them. That awareness instead of being comforting was making her a tad nervous. It meant that whoever this was that had brought her here was unconcerned about her approach.

Still she held her tongue and continued to walk her steps thudding softly on the worn carpeting.

Near the end of the corridor the demons in front of her stopped and she stepped in front of the open door. The room was large though not nearly as big as the room she had first come in was. There were a few demons and vamps maybe six walking around and looking at a couple of computers. A part of her noticed this and filed the information away for later.

Mostly she just noticed the figure hanging from some chains on the far wall.

"Hey B 'bout time you showed up." Faith's voice was quiet and a bit rough and Buffy could see the trail of dried blood on her forehead.

"You know me I like to make an entrance. You okay?"

"Five by five B." Faith gave her a little smirk and Buffy returned it. Both of them knew the odds they were facing.

"So any word on who's behind all this?" Buffy asked as she was pushed into the room from behind.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

***********

Angel had pulled Spike into the kitchen supposedly to keep both of them out of the sun. Spike knew better. Sure they had brought all the research materials and placed them on the island but neither was as of yet pouring over the books. Instead they kind of just stared at each other in silence.

He really couldn't make himself care. Right now the woman he loved had been taken from him and the only thought he had was getting her back. And making whoever took her pay in pain and blood. So he was hardly going to be paying attention to his Grandsire.

Unfortunately Angel had other ideas as usual.

"What the hell were you thinking claiming her?" The harsh tone of Angel's voice was enough for Spike to let loose the rage he'd checked earlier combined with the helplessness he felt with Buffy's exit.

"Get over it you great brooding git. It's done now Slayer's my mate. Got more important things to do then talk to you about it." He snarled at Angel unable to contain the demon flashing in his eyes.

"Normally I would agree with you." The words made both vampires turn sharply and see Giles walk into the room. "However I don't think anyone mentioned this to me."

The words themselves were hard and cold and Spike had to keep from flinching at the look in the watcher's eyes. Suddenly Spike remembered every threat the Englishman had ever tossed his way. The memories weren't very comforting. Spike understood just how deadly dear old Rupert really was underneath that calm British exterior he liked to maintain.

He took a deep breath and sent out a slight prayer to anyone who would listen that he survive the next few minutes without turning to dust.

"Buffy and I are mated Rupes. Just happened last night. Don't think it was a secret just didn't have the right moment to let everyone know."

Giles seemed to consider the words for a moment before taking his glasses off and giving them a good polish.

"Dear Lord." He shook his head slightly. "Well I suppose now would be a good time as any to ask what you can sense through the bond."

" 'S not like the movies Watcher. Can't tell where she is only that she's alive and if she has any strong emotions. Isn't an all encompassing psychic link."

"Right. Well than I suppose we should get to work then."

*********

Willow looked up from the flash on the map quietly pleased with herself. The locator spell was a bust of course like Buffy knew it would be but she was right trailing the origin of the magic from the portal was a piece of cake.

"Traced it did you?" She lifted her eyes to Spike's.

"Yeah. It seems to be an old abandoned hotel. That's where the magic came from at least. Buffy was right the place is shielded from simple magicks like locator spells. They just didn't think of a tracer spell."

"So we just ride in and save the Buffster and Faith?" Xander asked as he got up from the lonely chair that had survived the fight.

"Unfortunately that may be a little fool hardy. There is still the matter of the ritual to consider." Giles stated as he and Angel joined the rest of the group.

"Which we can't do without Buffy." Wood mumbled.

"That would be a problem yes. However we are lacking in information. We don't know who or even what has taken both Buffy and Faith or for what purpose."

"Doesn't matter Rupes. Haven't got much of an option left. Time's wastin'."